Rolling Thunder Forums

Black Holes

WKE235

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quote from the SN:rote manual for those who do not know what "Weak Space" is:

Weak Space

In some regions of space the very fabric of the galaxy has been torn asunder, leaving gaps where other dimensions intrude upon space-time as we know it. The very laws of physics are ignored, often causing totally unpredictable effects.

So far I have not seen any Weak Space or Black Holes. And I have only seen one system with two features: Massive Dust Cloud and Ion Storm. Not a nice place to live!

What in the heck is "Weak Space"?

"Weak Space" is that vastly unused empty space usually located right between your left and right ears. Of course, that's assuming that you have ears. :ninja:

Otherwise, its known as the Dark Nebula. :python:

Here is a quote from the SN:rote manual for those who do not know what "Weak Space" is:

Weak Space

In some regions of space the very fabric of the galaxy has been torn asunder, leaving gaps where other dimensions intrude upon space-time as we know it. The very laws of physics are ignored, often causing totally unpredictable effects.

So far I have not seen any Weak Space or Black Holes.  And I have only seen one system with two features: Massive Dust Cloud and Ion Storm.  Not a nice place to live!

So in this context, the "Weak Space" would be considered a collision / contact point between one or more M-theory branes. Now, here is something I puzzle over. Putting this in simple terms

The supposed collision of two branes was responsible for the "big bang", and the clumping of matter is a response to the wave interferance patterns between the colliding branes. But our brane (universe) will continue to bump into other branes. So in theory, repeated bumping would = repeated big bangs. Ah-ha say some others .. it appears that each "bang" results in it's own Universe on the brane. So while the branes do keep colliding, our universe is not replaced by a new bang .. as each new one spawns into it's own "reality"? I think I read one conjecture that Quasar bursts could even be the after image released into our universe as our brane and others collide and new "universes" are spawned and split off? Basically it IS the bang, but it spins off into another verse so we only see the tiniest fraction of the released energy.

It's all so confusing.

The supposed collision of two branes was responsible for the "big bang", and the clumping of matter is a response to the wave interferance patterns between the colliding branes. But our brane (universe) will continue to bump into other branes. So in theory, repeated bumping would = repeated big bangs. Ah-ha say some others .. it appears that each "bang" results in it's own Universe on the brane. So while the branes do keep colliding, our universe is not replaced by a new bang .. as each new one spawns into it's own "reality"? I think I read one conjecture that Quasar bursts could even be the after image released into our universe as our brane and others collide and new "universes" are spawned and split off? Basically it IS the bang, but it spins off into another verse so we only see the tiniest fraction of the released energy.

It's all so confusing.

One thing this theory does not explain is why all quasers are several billion light years away from us. If this were a normal behavior of our reality, why would they not be closer? (Of course if they were closer we might not be here discussing this question. :ninja: )

So in this context, the "Weak Space" would be considered a collision / contact point between one or more M-theory branes.  Now, here is something I puzzle over.  Putting this in simple terms

The supposed collision of two branes was responsible for the "big bang", and the clumping of matter is a response to the wave interferance patterns between the colliding branes.  But our brane (universe) will continue to bump into other branes.  So in theory, repeated bumping would = repeated big bangs.  Ah-ha say some others .. it appears that each "bang" results in it's own Universe on the brane.  So while the branes do keep colliding, our universe is not replaced by a new bang .. as each new one spawns into it's own "reality"?  I think I read one conjecture that Quasar bursts could even be the after image released into our universe as our brane and others collide and new "universes" are spawned and split off?  Basically it IS the bang, but it spins off into another verse so we only see the tiniest fraction of the released energy. 

It's all so confusing.

Sounds like you've been reading one of Brian Greene's cosmology books!

"The Fabric of the Universe" is a very good read - particularly the later chapters when he starts touching on M-theory stuff. Excellent mind-bending read... :ninja:

What in the heck is "Weak Space"?

Any region of Space without a StarBars in the vicinity. :ninja:

A Black Hole is any region of Space not within 3 Jumps of a StarBars. :P

(note, this is, of course why Black Holes are so rare...... :D

Any region of Space without a StarBars in the vicinity. beer.gif

A Black Hole is any region of Space not within 3 Jumps of a StarBars. cheers.gif

(note, this is, of course why Black Holes are so rare...... tongue.gif

Typical corporate propaganda. The fact is when there are too many Star Bars close together the mass causes space to collapse creating a Black Hole.

Any region of Space without a StarBars in the vicinity. beer.gif

A Black Hole is any region of Space not within 3 Jumps of a StarBars. cheers.gif

(note, this is, of course why Black Holes are so rare...... tongue.gif

Typical corporate propaganda. The fact is when there are too many Star Bars close together the mass causes space to collapse creating a Black Hole.

Me thinks it is memories that are sucked into oblivion due to excessive (but highly enjoyable) consumption. Nothing to do with gravity or black holes. But can't be certain, because our memories of these events are so unclear....

'Hey baby, want to see my etchings of black holes?' :ninja: (And DON'T go there you filthy minded aliens, you.)

Octus