Rolling Thunder Forums

quick question about srp

rotor911

You will know you are out when a buyable tech fails to be bought.  At that point you will know for a certainty that you are down to zero SRP's to use.  Until then spend like you got em.

:(  :blink:

That happened to me last turn. Went to buy a tech and it was only partially completed. I guess I will have to now acquire all of my techs the old fashioned way, research them. B)

I've always thought it would be cool if all the human empires would track and share SRP costs for various tech breakthroughs for new players to use as a benchmark for calculating SRP costs (milegae will vary for stupid or braininthejar races of course :))

If anyone else is interested, I can post research costs for two human empires.

I've always thought it would be cool if all the human empires would track and share SRP costs for various tech breakthroughs for new players to use as a benchmark for calculating SRP costs (milegae will vary for stupid or braininthejar races of course :))

We think it's pretty well understood and don't mind sharing for the newbies....

Level 1 = 3 x RCPoints

Level 2 = 12 x RCPs

Level 3 = 27 x RCPs.

So go forth and spend those SRPs, remembering that the RC in Slot 1 gives you 1 RCP as well - then you should be able to calculate how many you have left.

Things get more complicated if you've researched a tech for more turns before spending SRPs as then your Research Bonus has an effect. But SRPs are only spent in round numbers, as far as we know.

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

I've always thought it would be cool if all the human empires would track and share SRP costs for various tech breakthroughs for new players to use as a benchmark for calculating SRP costs (milegae will vary for stupid or braininthejar races of course :oops:)

Level 1 = 3 x RCPoints

Level 2 = 12 x RCPs

Level 3 = 27 x RCPs.

So go forth and spend those SRPs, remembering that the RC in Slot 1 gives you 1 RCP as well - then you should be able to calculate how many you have left.

Things get more complicated if you've researched a tech for more turns before spending SRPs as then your Research Bonus has an effect. But SRPs are only spent in round numbers, as far as we know.

Level 4 = 48 X RCPs :blink:

I've always thought it would be cool if all the human empires would track and share SRP costs for various tech breakthroughs for new players to use as a benchmark for calculating SRP costs (milegae will vary for stupid or braininthejar races of course :oops:)

Level 1 = 3 x RCPoints

Level 2 = 12 x RCPs

Level 3 = 27 x RCPs.

Level 4 = 48 X RCPs :blink:

Not all techs fit this profile. I have found some that are less to research than their level would indicate and I have also found some techs that lead to new techs that are lower levels technology.

Not all techs fit this profile. I have found some that are less to research than their level would indicate and I have also found some techs that lead to new techs that are lower levels technology.

Careful - we mustn't confuse the issue by equating 'Generation' with 'Level'....

There are some 'higher' techs that lead to 'lower' level techs being opened. Type A Plasma Torps (Good=Lvl4) opening Mk I Plasma Pulse CIDS (Adequate=Lvl3) being one of them.

To the best of our knowledge there is only one tech that doesn't follow the sequence and that is Advanced Fuel @ 18RCPs, which was made so to speed things up a bit....

By careful reading of the Reseach Centres report, much can accurately determined and all plans come to fruition.