Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: War of the Worlds

EternusIV

I haven't seen him yet, but I am certain that I will. My first impression though (from the trailers) is, that this is a typical "Hollywood-American" remake, (be honest: how many Americans will know that the original is an English story?)witch is in my point of view a serieous minus. I think that if the British made this movie, it would be a much more intresting en authentic approach from the original story.

The two most disturbing things are the time and place settings:

It should be late 19th century, and located in England.

But I guess that it was never meant that this movie would be compared with the English story from H.G. Wells

I like the musical version much more.

Do you mean the album that was done in the 70s? I still have the LP at home somewhere.

Yeah, Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. I still listen to it occasionally. Originally had it on LP, but have a 2 CD set now. Very very good.

Thanks for the name. I did not know it had come out on CD. I will ahve to look for it.

I think Independence Day was the suped up version of War of the Worlds.  Finally got the bad guys with a good old computer virus.....ok and a lot of missiles.

And an F-16! B)

I think Independence Day was the suped up version of War of the Worlds.  Finally got the bad guys with a good old computer virus.....ok and a lot of missiles.

And an extremely contrived series of plot coincidents

Afterall how did thy co-ordinate all the ship attacks around the globe in the short timescale they had without any satellite communications? And how did the hero's land that fighter without power after they destroyed the mothership?

Thanks for the name. I did not know it had come out on CD. I will ahve to look for it.

I got mine back in the mid 80's some time, but I just found it on Amazon, so you can apparently still get a copy.

It's being released in the UK.

I think it was recorded in the UK so I am surprised that it is now being released there. It seems like someone is taking coal to Newcastle.

I got mine back in the mid 80's some time, but I just found it on Amazon, so you can apparently still get a copy.

It's being released in the UK.

I think it was recorded in the UK so I am surprised that it is now being released there. It seems like someone is taking coal to Newcastle.

Not the first time that it was re-released. Originally out on vinyl (double LP). Then you could get the LP 'high-lights'. Then out came the CD double. Bought mine many, many years ago in a sale.

New movie, new chance to earn some dosh.