Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: London

RTGRuss

Unfortunately, I look around and see the same thing in America. We have a generous supply of our own ultra-conservative, far right wing, religious freaks. They believe they have the God given right to force everyone else to live according to their own narrow ways.

This is not just limited to the right wing in America. The far left wing has their share of fanatics too. I am not a fan of destroying our environment or hurting animals unnecessarily but some people go too far. Its too bad because there are many on the right and left who can work together and get most of what they want but they get overshadowed by the fanatics.

*sigh*

There was a posting thread some time ago where I offered my own geopolitical point of view in response to another's post on war, terrorism, and elected officials. I annoyed a few people and in the end I deleted my posts and the others (and response's to my own) were deleted by Russ.

As much as I would like to rise to the occassion and debate the recent turn on this thread; I won't, I'll behave and remind myself that this is a gaming forum.

I'll again offer my sympathy to my distant cousins and wish them success in bringing those responsible to justice.

Enjoy your upcoming game results. :D

Lord Uriel

my sympathies for those of u in england (didnt see this thread earlier =P)

i'm glad its not worse than what it could of been. the guy who did this one was good at what he did. the second wave so soon after the first wave was unprecedented. i'm glad that failed. id also like to cheer on the scotland yard and mi5 for such a good response too.

This thread was intended as a show of sympathy and support for our British friends in the face of the terrorist attacks on London and I think that purpose has been served.

The thread was never meant to be a debate about terrorism or geopolitics in general and it looks as if it is starting to head down that path so I'm going to close this thread off before the debate gets any more spirited.

Russ