Rolling Thunder Forums

Offical 76 Battle Thread

lil' PATTON

I have to congratulate Yugoslavia and Greece for magnificent Puppet Mastery. First, they beg Portugal to engage Switzerland immediately (around turn 30) to save their TA Austria (which I did). Then, they convince the Russias and Baltic States that they can't help save their own TA (Poland), because they are too busy with Turkey (who dropped quite a few turns ago) and Algeria. Then, they convince Lowlands and Denmark (who were their enemies) to pull everything from Central Europe east to take on Morocco and Portugal, and to give back the territory they legitimately captured. Sorry, but we now see through your playing dead and crying wolf.

For those who do not yet know, the Grecoslavic alliance has fully secured their borders, they successfully vaporized one 99 level Algerian airbase and much of a second one -- continuing to leverage their Danish and Belgian puppets (slaves) in the process. They have sunk several groups of capital ships trying desperately to inflict some industrial damage, and can now fly their Ju-88s and B-18s unopposed in much of the warzone. I honestly don't know what Lowlands and Denmark were thinking. I haven't yet calculated the AIR, ARM, and SHIP points Yugo and Greece have destroyed in the last ten turns and compared it to the Danes and Belgians, but I can tell you it is WAY more...probably three times as much. While the Danish and Belgian puppets have done their bidding, the Grecoslav's have built up to having 4-5 full forces of fighters, 4-5 full forces of bombers, and several large armies. I hope the Danes and Belgians enjoy kingmaking your enemies and coming in second (or worse), because you have given the game to these guys. They convinced everyone else to fight their battles, while they sit back, build up their forces, and score points.

Algeria, Morocco and I will continue to fight the good fight and engage all forces that attack us, but I hope you all are aware that this game is all but decided unless things change in a hurry. I can't believe that Denmark and Lowlands are allowing their ENEMIES Greece and Yugo to take back the territory in Czechoslovakia and elsewhere in Europe unopposed, while Greece and Yugo are taking virtually no damage. You will reap what you sow...hope you enjoy watching them win. Maybe they promised you a late-game TA? Don't count on it....if necessary...we will kingmake to ensure you gain nothing from this.

Again, congrats to the Grecoslavic alliance --- wonderful puppet mastery. I look forward to engaging you in an even fight at some point in the future, with no puppets to help you.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

ANYBODY LEFT OUT THERE IN GAME 76?

It is awful quiet out there. I would like to get a roll-call of who is still actively playing.

I know of the following:

ALGERIA

MOROCCO

PORTUGAL

SYRIA

PERSIA

and

IRELAND

I would hate to think we are fighting the computer for the next 15+ turns. Seems silly.

Lord Vader

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What happened to Greece, Yugo, Lowlands, Denmark and Sweden? Just a few short months ago there was a big ado, well about 4 of them anyway, being the game leaders and supposed winners so be....? Did it all crumble away and they dropped due to pressure of the North African Alliance?

Yugo and Greece, although well entrenched, ultimately broke under the pressure of our Armies. In my opinion, their biggest disadvantage was that they never shifted due dates, and we always had good intel, where they did not. That, and they never took out the Algerian fleet, which continued to bring troops every turn. Once my (Portugal's) armies got engaged, they dropped. Denmark made a handful of early mistakes attacking into my 50xSpitfires on FC and losing a large army or two, and never proved much of a threat. At one point, we considered peace with Sweden, but after five or six turns of no contact, we simply pushed through Denmark and the Swedish position on mainland Europe. It was an interesting and fun game for our first game of Victory...although I wish more players had stuck it out. Kudos to Ireland, Baltic States, Northern Russia, and Central Russia for sticking it out even though they had less territory.

Jared

(Portugal 76)

Now that the bunch of you have free games coming, are you all about ready to jump into another game? 85 perhaps?

What happened to Greece, Yugo, Lowlands, Denmark and Sweden? Just a few short months ago there was a big ado, well about 4 of them anyway, being the game leaders and supposed winners so be....? Did it all crumble away and they dropped due to pressure of the North African Alliance?

Yugo and Greece, although well entrenched, ultimately broke under the pressure of our Armies. In my opinion, their biggest disadvantage was that they never shifted due dates, and we always had good intel, where they did not. That, and they never took out the Algerian fleet, which continued to bring troops every turn. Once my (Portugal's) armies got engaged, they dropped. Denmark made a handful of early mistakes attacking into my 50xSpitfires on FC and losing a large army or two, and never proved much of a threat. At one point, we considered peace with Sweden, but after five or six turns of no contact, we simply pushed through Denmark and the Swedish position on mainland Europe. It was an interesting and fun game for our first game of Victory...although I wish more players had stuck it out. Kudos to Ireland, Baltic States, Northern Russia, and Central Russia for sticking it out even though they had less territory.

Jared

(Portugal 76)