Rolling Thunder Forums

New Victory! order entry program

From those of us who have just seen this marvelous idea, what are your current needs for assistance?

Well, one of the things I would really like to add is an autocomplete function for locations. If anyone can tell me how to do those, it would be greatly appreciated. All other bugs I think I can handle myself at the moment.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From those of us who have just seen this marvelous idea, what are your current needs for assistance?

Can i help in anyway?

Not at the moment I think. I just want to iron out some of the more irritating 'bugs' and then I'll send it out to some more people for testing. I actually have AutoComplete working. Only a couple of hours work, even for an amateur programmer like me. Only about 40 lines of code in the end. :python:

So I guess if the best way to help is to send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want to help testing the next beta version.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.9.2 of the Victory! Order Entry Program has just been sent to the beta testers. What I could use is a nice icon for the program. Right now it has this very default looking (and it is) program icon, and I'd like something a bit more fancy. :P So if anyone has some good icons lying around.......

Version 0.9.2 of the Victory! Order Entry Program has just been sent to the beta testers. What I could use is a nice icon for the program. Right now it has this very default looking (and it is) program icon, and I'd like something a bit more fancy. :woohoo: So if anyone has some good icons lying around.......

Hi Hamish,

Would a jpg work as an icon? There are loads of pictures to find about WW2 we could convert to something small, like 60kb.

Don

Version 0.9.2 of the Victory! Order Entry Program has just been sent to the beta testers. What I could use is a nice icon for the program. Right now it has this very default looking (and it is) program icon, and I'd like something a bit more fancy. :woohoo: So if anyone has some good icons lying around.......

Hi Hamish,

Would a jpg work as an icon? There are loads of pictures to find about WW2 we could convert to something small, like 60kb.

Don

I think the only thing I can use is an icon (.ico) file. Not sure about the size, I will look into that.

Someone suggested a help file for the program. I think that's a great idea, but it's also a lot of work. I found this little Microsoft application: HTML Help Workshop

Now all I need is for someone to format the rulebook in nice looking HTML so I can compile a help file and include it in the program.

Volunteers?

Someone suggested a help file for the program. I think that's a great idea, but it's also a lot of work. I found this little Microsoft application: HTML Help Workshop

Now all I need is for someone to format the rulebook in nice looking HTML so I can compile a help file and include it in the program.

Volunteers?

Hamish,

I have an indexed word document... Can that help you for the help-file??

Norbert

Volunteers?

Hamish,

I have an indexed word document... Can that help you for the help-file??

Norbert

Might be useful. You've got my mail address, right?

Although the copy/pasting has already started..... :woohoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone who's interested know that I'm still working on version 0.9.3

It will include labels to describe what type of information needs to be entered, as well as a help file containing the rulebook, tables and all order formats.

A lot of work as you can see, so it may take a while before I send it out to the beta testers. People can help with the help file if they want. Just send me an e-mail (nilsvanschaik@hotmail.com) if you want to contribute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...