Rolling Thunder Forums

This year's gift

Eldred

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourselves you uneducated heathens! I'm desperately trying to find a tech to spend those wonderful points on. Damn my braininess and the wonderfully perceptive scientists at my disposal!

Sakarissa  :D

While we find that your Mk IX Sharp Stick technology is impressive, especially with your Type F Sharp Stick Throwers. We have reports that your Shiny Rock tech is still wallowing around Mk II Mostly Shiny Rock tech. So your bluster of superior braininess is wasted upon us Sakarissa! ;)

-SK :(

Question:

Do you really use them?  Since they expire after 20 turns, are they more trouble than they are worth, considering the actual order expense required to field them?

Yes, I make it a habit of "marking" my territory.

I don't think they are worth the orders and fleet diversions. But I like the idea of 1,000 ton junk ships. Or the (growing) list of obsolete ships not worth orders or scraping. When was the last time I issued an order to a Pathfinder????

Octus

Admittedly, that day is a lo-o-o-ong way off.  :blush:

Too true!!! :woohoo:

However, it is getting closer.

Isn't it?

Octus

Of course it is getting closer, I just hope that it will not be too soon. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! I failed to realize that 4G Industrial Science was within the 4 level limit for SRPs. Kinda nice going from 0% range to the 90% range in a single turn. I should get it next turn and my production bonus will go to a sweet 60% bonus. Woohoo!

Sakarissa  :laugh:

Wow as well. I thought it went up to level three only. Might have to reconsider slot 1 then. :P

Sakarissa,

I'm confused. How could you go from 0% to 90% in one turn? I know that 1st Gen IS is +10%, 2nd is +30%, 3rd is +60% and apparently 4th is +90%. You'd have to SRP from 1stG I.S to 3rdG I.S. before you could do 4thG at 90%.

Also, I'd have thought that the 4thG I.S. would be one that you had to research the "old fashioned way". Very interesting if you don't have to.

Steve

Sakarissa,

I'm confused.  How could you go from 0% to 90% in one turn?  I know that 1st Gen IS is +10%, 2nd is +30%, 3rd is +60% and apparently 4th is +90%.  You'd have to SRP from 1stG I.S to 3rdG I.S. before you could do 4thG at 90%.

Also, I'd have thought that the 4thG I.S. would be one that you had to research the "old fashioned way".  Very interesting if you don't have to.

Steve

I think he meant 0% researched to 90% researched thanks to his SRPs.

FWIW,

-SK :laugh: