Rolling Thunder Forums

This year's gift

Eldred

For total clarification, I had 3 RCs on the tech for 2 turns, received 1 Scientist hit on it, and 36 SRPs. Before the Sci hit and the SRPs, the tech was in the 0-9.999% range and after it is somewhere in the 90%+ range. Based on the adjective descripter, it looks like I will get that nice tech next turn.

Sakarissa :laugh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakarissa,

I'm confused.  How could you go from 0% to 90% in one turn?  I know that 1st Gen IS is +10%, 2nd is +30%, 3rd is +60% and apparently 4th is +90%.  You'd have to SRP from 1stG I.S to 3rdG I.S. before you could do 4thG at 90%.

Also, I'd have thought that the 4thG I.S. would be one that you had to research the "old fashioned way".  Very interesting if you don't have to.

Steve

I think he meant 0% researched to 90% researched thanks to his SRPs.

FWIW,

-SK :laugh:

Maybe if he had descibed is as from no progress to final stages.

36 of 48 would be the 4th or final of the 4 stages...

Just wait till 5th gen Industrial Science! Wohoo...crank those Improved Industrial Complexes up baby!

Cheers

/Locklyn

The problem with AICs is that when you convert regular ICs to IICs you always get ordinary CM which you can use for mines on colony worlds et such. When converting IICs to AICs you are suddenly sitting with a lot more ICMs than you really know what to do with since all the really cool stuff in the game seems to need ACMs anyway. AICs are though perfect for small colony worlds or outposts in gate networks where you need them to produce some resources needed for the fuel distallation or whatever.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Well, since you start the game with around 450,000 ICs, I seriously doubt anyone has converted all those to IICs by now. So, instead of converting IICs into AICs, just convert ICs instead and still get CMs out of it. Now, if you have done nothing but convert your industries since you got IICs, then you may not have and ICs left and what Locklyn stated would be the case. I still have plenty of ICs to convert over so I'm not worried.

Sakarissa :laugh:

Actually I've found that as you got the higher industrial science levels, even before having converted to IICs you have an industrial overcapacity which in my case lead me to dismantle a lot of my regular ICs for mines on colony worlds since that was much sounder economics than doing it from RRs. But yeah it's hard converting all your initial installations especially on the SM path but once I had converted all SMs to ISMs I never had a RR problem again. Now I convert about 6000 industries per turn to the next level.

Cheers

/Locklyn

The problem with AICs is that when you convert regular ICs to IICs you always get ordinary CM which you can use for mines on colony worlds et such. When converting IICs to AICs you are suddenly sitting with a lot more ICMs than you really know what to do with since all the really cool stuff in the game seems to need ACMs anyway. AICs are though perfect for small colony worlds or outposts in gate networks where you need them to produce some resources needed for the fuel distallation or whatever.

Cheers

/Locklyn

I use ICMs for Domed cities which come in quite handy.