Rolling Thunder Forums

This year's gift

Eldred

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't save any points at setup, so I'm loving the Santa Research Points.

But I'm proud to say that I have a positive bonus (those racial categories that appear on the front page of the turn results) in every category except Colonization Bonus. And I've still managed to find a couple planets that CSV to zero attrition with reasonable resource yields and Hydro potential.

Are those bonuses actually more usefull than the jump in technology would have been if I'd have saved some points? I don't know.

I have to say that my brain in the jar position had nothing being researched that I could spend points on. I will have to pick a lesser tech to eventually use the points. Until then they will stay stockpiled until I need something.

My other position that has max RB but no starting points to play with was in the same boat. Of course I also have more options since some things were overlooked in previous choices. I am reasonably sure that next year all my positions will be in the same situation.

This is not to say that I can't use them, they just don't factor into any of my current research goals.

:ninja::cheers::blush:

This is not to say that I can't use them, they just don't factor into any of my current research goals.

:drunk:  :cheers:  :wacko:

Might as well get Advanced Plantfoods, since it's free. :wacko:

Other than being free, does it get you anything? Or does it give you something to do with your vast stockpiles of Mineral Fertilizer? :cheers:

-SK :jawdrop:

We has just rediscovered a truth, this past turn. The joy of SRPs :beer: is balanced with the bitterness of parting with them. The pain is nearly as great as the joy. And how we look forward to next year's gift, so we can once again experience the happiness and the sorrow. We only hope it takes more than two turns to use them up.....

Of course, one could extend the anticipation by only purchasing very low level techs. :cheers:

Octus Imperium

We has just rediscovered a truth, this past turn. The joy of SRPs  :beer:  is balanced with the bitterness of parting with them. The pain is nearly as great as the joy. And how we look forward to next year's gift, so we can once again experience the happiness and the sorrow. We only hope it takes more than two turns to use them up.....

Of course, one could extend the anticipation by only purchasing very low level techs. :cheers:

Octus Imperium

To quote a former president, "I feel your pain". ;)