Rolling Thunder Forums

Turn sheet change requested

Could the researchable items which benefited from an exploration result (
They examine their discovery quite closely, and much is learned concerning
have an asterisk near them in the report?

I have a whole extra worksheet in the master spreadsheet just to track these....

Octus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would assume that the program tracks such things. It might just track researchable items and current level of research completeness, where EXPL and Scientist discoveries just get added to the total. The RTD Order will give you a list of items that you have any level of research completed, including EXPL and Scientist discoveries along with regular Research Center effort. :o

FWIW,

-SK :santa:

If you use the EMS Galaxy spreadsheet that Phasedragon developed, one of the wortksheets actually tracks all finds including research bonuses found through EXPLs. This was one of the sheets I could actually get to work although everytime I run into another empire I have to edit the text file to get it to work.

It would be swell if the unsurveyed list just listed unsurveyed warps.

I thought they did. At least mine seems to only list unsurveyed warps.

It does. The problem occurs if you SURV before you SS.

As soon as you enter a system, then do the SS order. Then do the SURVs afterwards and the list of unsurveyed WPs gets smaller......

AFIAK...

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

As soon as you enter a system, then do the SS order. Then do the SURVs afterwards and the list of unsurveyed WPs gets smaller......

AFIAK...

The Ur-Lord is, troublingly again, correct.

This is what I've found also.

AFIAK...

I as well have found this but I did not want to jump to a conclusion without finding out what exactly Looker was referring to.

It seems that if there are 20 warpoints listed, 10 of them are are listed in the Warp points surveyed list with all information included.

It goes one step further when I do a move order in one of those systems it lists the unsurveyed points then repeats the surveyed systems with their destination so I get something like :

rtg system

Warp Point #

100001 [c]

100002 [d]

100003 [a]

100000 Pete

100001 [c] Russ

100002 [d] Hobknob) {obvious fake name}

I do not remember doing surv before ss, but it is possible. Not a ballbreaker more like an itchy mosquito bite..

It seems that if there are 20 warpoints listed, 10 of them are are listed in the Warp points surveyed list with all information included.

It goes one step further when I do a move order in one of those systems it lists the unsurveyed points then repeats the surveyed systems with their destination so I get something like :

rtg system

Warp Point #

100001 [c]

100002 [d]

100003 [a]

100000   Pete

100001 [c]  Russ

100002 [d]  Hobknob)        {obvious fake name}

I do not remember doing surv before ss, but it is possible. Not a ballbreaker more like an itchy mosquito bite..

I am not sure that this is due to doing SURV before SS. Uually when you do the SURV before the SS you end up with one WP in a system that shows as unsurveyed and surveyed. However, if I understand your example, you have multple WPs in a system unsurveyed. I have not come across this so I cannot offer any suggestion as to how to correct. I would still always do a SS before I did a SURV

rtg system

Warp Point #

100001 [c]

100002 [d]

100003 [a]

100000   Pete

100001 [c]  Russ

I've had no problems if I SS THEN Surv.

Well, not yet anyway.

rtg system

Warp Point #

100001 [c]

100002 [d]

100003 [a]

100000   Pete

100001 [c]  Russ

Well, not yet anyway.

The problem occurs when you do in one turn a SURV WARP SS SURV and end up

in a system you already had explored.

All you surveyed WPs in that system now are also listed as unsurveyed.

Cestvel

Cestvel

Sounds like a logic bug that Pete should be able to fix without too much work. Has anyone talked to Pete recently about game system improvement plans? I've not perceived that much if any progress has been made in the last few months. Kind of depressing actually.

rtg system

Warp Point #

100001 [c]

100002 [d]

100003 [a]

100000   Pete

100001 [c]  Russ

Well, not yet anyway.

Cestvel

This response makes a lot of sense, since I have made that sequence of moves several times.