Rolling Thunder Forums

Board Editing/Moderating

Balagor

A couple of days ago, Russ nuked a thread, and for good reason.

However, yesterday, Pete posted on the Trade and Loopholes thread, and added a small joke closer. As of mid-afternoon yesterday, myself and one other person had followed on with that joke (and it was clearly a joke). This morning, those 3 posts are missing.

Is the forum losing messages, or was it decided to edit/moderate some of the messages in the thread?

If this was a moderation based removal, I think there should be some indication of the moderation. One way would be to leave a new message on the thread indicating some messages had been removed for whatever reason. Another might be to send a personal message to those whose messages have been moderated, so they know why they were moderated and not do things that cause moderation again.

A couple of days ago, Russ nuked a thread, and for good reason.

However, yesterday, Pete posted on the Trade and Loopholes thread, and added a small joke closer. As of mid-afternoon yesterday, myself and one other person had followed on with that joke (and it was clearly a joke). This morning, those 3 posts are missing.

Is the forum losing messages, or was it decided to edit/moderate some of the messages in the thread?

If this was a moderation based removal, I think there should be some indication of the moderation. One way would be to leave a new message on the thread indicating some messages had been removed for whatever reason. Another might be to send a personal message to those whose messages have been moderated, so they know why they were moderated and not do things that cause moderation again.

My apologies - the joke wasn't being well received by some and was causing us some grief so we decided to edit it out of the thread along with the two posts that were associated with it.

There was nothing wrong with your post Balagor - we just took it out along with Pete's since it was pretty much referring to that post and probably wouldn't have made any sense just there by itself.

I should have sent a PM to the folks involved to explain what was happening. Again...my apologies.

Take care,

Russ