Rolling Thunder Forums

From Panzers to Planet Crackers

Krysia's Krusader

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have version 1.0.0.0 Is there a newer version?

That is the version I have and for the DECF order under Fleet number I have ALL followed by HOME and then the listing of the fleets. If you don't have this you might also consider redownloading the Imperial Palace program.

Oh and if you chose to type it in, be very precise in typing. It must be exact with no extra spaces.

Even spaces at the end of the word fill fool the data base!

Now I didn't know that- very useful and thanks for the info!

Okay. I think I understand: You mean the extra space after the dark blue bar when I "CTRL + C" and then "CTRL + V", correct?

If so; good point of advice.

It is hard to see, but before you send the file to RTG view it with word.

What you might see is something like this:

A: "Move","1","Pete ","1A"

or

B: "Move","1","Pete","1A"

A will fail because the database will see a 5 character planet that it does not recognize. B will look for the 4 character name "Pete" and find it.

Hope this clarifies the subject.

:robot:

I don't know if it' the good solution but I  enter the dip order then change it to xdip in the order edit windows. It always worked for me.

Okay, I can use this. There are 2 neutrals that are just dying to be added to our great empire.

Calamaran.

How long (usually) does it take to get a neutral :ph34r: to join? I know it'll be dependant on your Dip modifier for your race :robot: , but a rough estimation anyone?

I don't know if it' the good solution but I  enter the dip order then change it to xdip in the order edit windows. It always worked for me.

Okay, I can use this. There are 2 neutrals that are just dying to be added to our great empire.

Calamaran.

How long (usually) does it take to get a neutral :ph34r: to join? I know it'll be dependant on your Dip modifier for your race :robot: , but a rough estimation anyone?

Depends on so many factors. Diplomacy option used, racial modifiers, special character support, gifts used, and ship's equipment, and perhaps other factors that Pete has hinted at.

I use the following:

* Subversion is my diplomacy option of choice, as I gather that I have signficant racial modifiers in that area. (And for role playing reasons.) My race is maxed out on stealth related modifiers, plus linguistic skill and telepathy.

* The fleet involved always carries a diplomat and an agent.

* With my subversion attempts, I usually include about 50 tons of gifts per population point. Usually in the form of Advanced Black Market Goods, or Advanced Weapons.

* The ships are specifically designed for this sort of diplomatic mission, and usually include communications gear, SLY-1, and advanced Universal Translators.

I can usually count in picking up the neutral in question in somewhere between 4 and 16 APs.

TErnest

(Arcane Services, Inc.)

Calamaran.

Here are my results.

2 neutrals converted in 3 APs. Two being worked on. One has had 9 APs and one has just started.

Notes:

1. I have a bonus in Diplomacy

2. I use Peaceful as my primary approach

3. I proivide no gifts

4. All have been Primitive Neutrals

Here are my results.

2 neutrals converted in 3 APs. Two being worked on. One has had 9 APs and one has just started.

Notes:

3. I proivide no gifts

Brings the question of how many neutrals and of what type there are........

Here are my results.

Notes:

3. I proivide no gifts

Brings the question of how many neutrals and of what type there are........

Hmmm. I count 15 neutrals subverted, of mixed types.

TErnest

I find that primitives take much longer than the more advanced variety. Recently the more advanced variety have joined my empire in 1-4 tries while the primitive ones take several times that long.

I find that if you want to be sure of conversion it takes 2 turns. On turn 1 you drop the colony beacon and on turn two you drop a division to encourage them more directly. Works every time. :ph34r:

:blink::robot:

Calamaran.

Hmmm.... I tried that, and it wasn't accepting the change, for some reason or other...?

I'll try again, next cycle.

• 2 weeks later...