Rolling Thunder Forums

From Panzers to Planet Crackers

Krysia's Krusader

I see there's some people who regularly post irrelevant things in various threads (?).

Or I just don't get the inside jokes...?

:ninja:

Any ways; does the order supplement in the same file as the rules contain all the current avalable orders? Or do I have to hunt through all the forum to find what's new since it was last published?

Thanks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there's some people who regularly post irrelevant things in various threads (?).

:ninja:

Any ways; does the order supplement in the same file as the rules contain all the current avalable orders? Or do I have to hunt through all the forum to find what's new since it was last published?

Thanks.

Check here for the latest list of orders http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....indpost&p=21113

:huh:

Thanks.

Check here for the latest list of orders http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....indpost&p=21113

Also look here for some good info on some of the missing orders http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index.php?showtopic=440

Oh Good.

Thanks ali-t-akua, and Drasn.

That's a big help.

You're welcome.

It is kinda useful to have a complete set of orders to work with, even if it is 3 partial sets. It appears that Pete is working hard to flesh out more important aspects of the game so a consolidated list of orders is a low priority I'm sure.

Good luck and have fun!

Krysia,

I'd also suggest just opening the order entry program and 'scrolling' down the orders. Pretty self explanatory, but then you could ask questions about any you found that you didn't understand.

:huh:

Sabeli Ecok

Krysia,

I'd also suggest just opening the order entry program and 'scrolling' down the orders.  Pretty self explanatory, but then you could ask questions about any you found that you didn't understand.

:P

Sabeli Ecok

Thanks man. Okay try these two...

Question #1:

In the document called; "Readme - Recieving Turns".

In the second paragraph; "All of your active fleets will appear in the drop-down lists, your colonies will show up with their population group #'s, researchable items will be displayed when needed and so on."

Now then, where is this "drop down" list located and how can I access it?

Question #2:

How long does it take the rest of you to get an answer from Pete, concerning your turn results? (I sent a message the day I recieved mine, and am still waiting. This really leaves me with little time, should I require the information?) I'm not complaining here, but want to have an idea, so that I can plan accordingly for the futur.

Thanks,

Krysia,

I'd also suggest just opening the order entry program and 'scrolling' down the orders.  Pretty self explanatory, but then you could ask questions about any you found that you didn't understand.

:P

Sabeli Ecok

Thanks man. Okay try these two...

Question #1:

In the second paragraph; "All of your active fleets will appear in the drop-down lists, your colonies will show up with their population group #'s, researchable items will be displayed when needed and so on."

Question #2:

How long does it take the rest of you to get an answer from Pete, concerning your turn results? (I sent a message the day I recieved mine, and am still waiting. This really leaves me with little time, should I require the information?) I'm not complaining here, but want to have an idea, so that I can plan accordingly for the futur.

Thanks,

Getting an answer from Pete could take anywhere from 1 minute to several weeks.

Im sure he gets so barraged with emails that a few will slip by him. If you

dont get an answer in a few days then try again. if that still doesnt work and

its kinda important for you to know then you can try the land line.

Question #1:

When you go into the order entry program, the drop down lists appear at the top where you enter the orders. You first select the order you wish to enter and the program will automatically set up the fields with drop down lists for each field. You can also type and tab for quickly entering the orders (at least quickly for me as I write down my orders before I enter them).

Keep in mind that you need to clear the old orders and update the data for each empire prior to entering orders for each empire. The update data will come from the .mdb file that is sent with each turn. (If you have access you can also generate some reports with the data if you wish.)

Hope this helps.

Question #2:

I have had questions Pete never answered. If it is important to you understanding the game, either ask them here or send an email to Russ. Here is preferable as both Russ and Pete are busy.

Question #1:

Question #2:

How long does it take the rest of you to get an answer from Pete, concerning your turn results? (I sent a message the day I recieved mine, and am still waiting. This really leaves me with little time, should I require the information?) I'm not complaining here, but want to have an idea, so that I can plan accordingly for the future.

Thanks,

Answer #1 - The "Drop Down" Lists are part of the Turn Entry Program. When you launch the program and select a particular order, the entry fields will have drop down lists. For example, the Load Cargo [LC] Order ...

Select LC in the first "Drop Down" ... which will populate your screen with the following fields: <Pop Group>, <Fleet ID>, <Item 1>, <Qty 1> ... <Item 25>, <Qty 25>. <PopGroup> will have a "Drop Down" List of all of your current Population Groups. <Fleet ID> will have a "Drop Down" List of all of your Fleets. <Item 1> ... <Item 25> will have a "Drop Down" List of all of your known manufacturable goods and producable resources. One of the drawbacks of the Turn Entry program is that you have to hand enter items that your Empire cannot make but has acquired through other means (e.g. Exploration or Trade).

Answer #2 - Fastest and most dependable way to get ahold of Pete is via phone. E-mail is hit or miss depending on his workload and volume in his "in" box.

Hope that helps. :o

-SK :P

Okay. Thanks guys. I understand what that "Readme - Recieving Turns" document implies now. And I have been able to duplicate what ShadowKitsune described.

(If you have access you can also generate some reports with the data if you wish.)

Access to what, exactly?

So far I have accessed the SuperNova Game Info area, here. Also the two areas that yourself, and Drasn pointed me towards, further up in this thread. Which other area should I visit, or other thing, do I need to play this game?

Hope this helps.
Hope that helps. :P

It most certainly all does. I would be lost, if it weren't for some of you...

Access to what, exactly?

So far I have accessed the SuperNova Game Info area, here. Also the two areas that yourself, and Drasn pointed me towards, further up in this thread. Which other area should I visit, or other thing, do I need to play this game?

Microsoft Access. The reports are not necessary to play the game and in fact most of the canned ones I dont find useful but mileage may vary.

Personally I find some of the programs from the Phasedragon Empire management System useful. Galaxy.xls is very useful to track your exploration although I still use another spreadsheet for some exploration data. I ahve never gotten the Production spreadsheet to work. You should be able to find the link by searching Phasedragon.

The other program you may want is a mapping program. I use some freeware from ATT called Graphwiz. Others are using Astrosynth. It is up to you.

(I apologize if you have heard all of this before but I was not sure.)

And if you do hand entry make sure that you type them in exactly as they are written. Otherwise the program will not recognize them. :ranting:

The smart thing to do is copy/paste from your turn results.

On the question of replies from RTG, in my experience it's random whether Pete answers an email, and if he does, when. Russ is very good about answering emails quickly but he doesn't work on SN3 much unfortunately.