Rolling Thunder Forums

Fighters and Range

Prospective

Just make sure you have excess capacity and you should do fine even if the carriers are damaged. Then again if the carriers do sustain  major damage then they werent properly defended. :cheers:

So, I shouldn't need extra capacity if I defend my carriers properly? :drunk:

-----------------------

On a related tangent, has anybody figured out what happens if you merge to carrier fleets whose fighters had different combat orders? Do they retain their original orders or do they all get the orders of the fleet that the carriers are being transferred into?

Thanks in Advance,

-SK :)

On a related tangent, has anybody figured out what happens if you merge to carrier fleets whose fighters had different combat orders?  Do they retain their original orders or do they all get the orders of the fleet that the carriers are being transferred into?

Thanks in Advance,

-SK  :)

Does issuing different combat orders to fighter actually work? I thought that it didn't, yet.

On a related tangent, has anybody figured out what happens if you merge to carrier fleets whose fighters had different combat orders?  Do they retain their original orders or do they all get the orders of the fleet that the carriers are being transferred into?

Thanks in Advance,

Does issuing different combat orders to fighter actually work? I thought that it didn't, yet.

I guess that answers my question, sort of. :cheers: I shall revisit it when such combat orders are implemented. :cheers:

-SK :drunk:

Thanks in Advance,

I guess that answers my question, sort of. :cheers: I shall revisit it when such combat orders are implemented. :cheers:

-SK :drunk:

Since Fighters and Drones can have different orders in different Orders of Battle, I would think how the merging of Fleet OBs occurs would hold the answer to your question which might be a good thing to cover in the Naval Combat document.

This question really only applies to the defender as an attacker will only have a singel fleet to deal with. Each fleet should be following the FOB that is assigned to it. This includes joint operations between multiple empires. Fighters should follow the FOB of the fleet that they are assigned too. This is really the only way for you to get different fighter and drone options for different types of fighters.

:)

This question really only applies to the defender as an attacker will only have a singel fleet to deal with.  Each fleet should be following the FOB that is assigned to it.  This includes joint operations between multiple empires.  Fighters should follow the FOB of the fleet that they are assigned too.  This is really the only way for you to get different fighter and drone options for different types of fighters.

:thumbsup:

I see your point and maybe I am trying to 'fine tune' my fighters and drones too much from an Orders [FOB] perspective. :D

-SK :ninja:

This question really only applies to the defender as an attacker will only have a singel fleet to deal with.  Each fleet should be following the FOB that is assigned to it.  This includes joint operations between multiple empires.  Fighters should follow the FOB of the fleet that they are assigned too.  This is really the only way for you to get different fighter and drone options for different types of fighters.

:thumbsup:

I see your point and maybe I am trying to 'fine tune' my fighters and drones too much from an Orders [FOB] perspective. :D

-SK :ninja:

Hmmmm

That a slick idea. I presume that when fleets combine in battles that they retain their original FOBs. In fact, I haven't seen any battle reports to indicate otherwise.

So, to have different types of fighters do different types of operations, it seems that building different carrier fleets is certainly the way to go.