Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: Civ 4

Clan Elder 'Keen

ROFL.

I'm not touching CIV4, I've been a big fan of civilization for a long time. I do have civ 3, but honestly I feel that a game such as civilization shouldn't be so graphics intensive. The game has gotten way more complex than necessary. I have an AMD 2800+ and a Radeon 9600 pro. It could even run Doom 3 when it came out. You have no idea how shocked I was when I installed Civ4 and found to my horror it barely runs. I can even run Call of Duty 2 on this thing. Unreal Tournament 2k4, Battlefield 2. Graphics intensive shooters are not a problem, but I can't run Civilization 4? Sid Meier got a little carried away methinks.

Oh and I have a cracked version. That too.

I am running the game on an AMD 1700+ and it works fine. You should install the latest patch.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civ 4 patch v1.61 is now available for download

After spending some some time playing both CIV4 and Galactic Civ II, I have found CIV4 more enjoyable over the long haul. Downloading the patch now!

Spent a frustrating night with the new patch...lots of new goodies but it seems that some of the graphics memory bugs fixed by the magic bullet which was v. 1.52 have now returned in v.1.61 :(

Will probably reinstall and play with v.1.52 for now - not impressed :blink:

Ahem...I take it all back v1.61 is excellent (managed to fix my graphics issues with a few tweaks to config.ini file) :blink:

Civ 4 patch v1.61 is now available for download

After spending some some time playing both CIV4 and Galactic Civ II, I have found CIV4 more enjoyable over the long haul. Downloading the patch now!

Spent a frustrating night with the new patch...lots of new goodies but it seems that some of the graphics memory bugs fixed by the magic bullet which was v. 1.52 have now returned in v.1.61 :P

Will probably reinstall and play with v.1.52 for now - not impressed :(