Rolling Thunder Forums

Congrats to the Heroes

Lang Xin Zang

Hobknob, what is true today will not be true tomorrow. I am sure if I started a position today it would be viable. However will this be true in three years? five years? forever? I dont know since I dont have complete knowledge of the tech tree.

I trust that RTG has thought about the issue starting positions and tech disparity. It would not bother me if at some point they did add some extra SRPs to even it up but I leave it in their hands to decide how best to run this game.

For newer empires, I think overall they have little to worry about concerning older ones. Even with the build queus and convoy routes and other such items, trying to keep all aspects of a growing empire coordinated becomes increasingly difficult. Sending a fleet off into the deepest reaches of space to conquer some upstart new race becomes unappealing as all you are doing is adding more complications to running what you have (More build queus, More neighbors to watch, etc...). Add in having enough worries about the empires close to you (which have similar tech so are more of a potential threat) and it seems that chasing after new empires on the "rim" is not all that attractive.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am pretty sure that there is nothing in the tech tree that will completely unbalance what we currently have. There are lots of tech that we have seen some reference to like Wormholes, Planetary Gates, Universal Gates etc.. I don't see any of those fundamentally changing the game.

So, I will stand by my earlier statements. Everybody is entitled to their own opinon of course.

:beer:

I do think it would have been ironic though if the GC had been conquered by the Bovine Hegemony who after they had completed the conquest were to leave behind large quantities of fertilizer.  :beer:

We would have felt really bad about it though.

Personally, I just wish there had been more improvements to the game in the last three years. I am borderline on dropping out of it. My discontent/content runs in waves as some particular "feature" prods me. Then I get plied with beer by Kurassier and continue on.

Personally, I just wish there had been more improvements to the game in the last three years.  I am borderline on dropping out of it.  My discontent/content runs in waves as some particular "feature" prods me.  Then I get plied with beer by Kurassier and continue on.

For what it's worth, I have been in your "borderline" state for a long time. I get fired up about a few new things, then I get frustrated about some old issues that seem to defy solution. I rant about my frustration at "pay-testing" a game that was launched prematurely, then I look at what else is available out there and thank my lucky stars that SN:ROTE exists even in it's somewhat broken form. I would talk to myself about it more, but the meds are helping with that. :cheers:

-SK :beer:

Congratulations to the United Triskallian Forces! :beer:

...the lions in their dens tremble at your approach...

That's not Death, that's Khan. While Khan did fall apart abit in the movie, he in no way resembles Death. You might call him an Agent of Death due to how he goes around crushing all who oppose him (or at least trying to). But until Khan removes his skin and gets glowing orbs for eyes, that is a poor Death. Why I'm barely quaking in my boots.

Now, if you wanted to call yourself Vengence, then Khan would be a good avatar.

Just bein picky for no dang reason other than the holiday is almost over, which means returning to work is getting closer, so that's driving me crazy. :cheers:

That's not Death, that's Khan. While Khan did fall apart abit in the movie, he in no way resembles Death. You might call him an Agent of Death due to how he goes around crushing all who oppose him (or at least trying to). But until Khan removes his skin and gets glowing orbs for eyes, that is a poor Death. Why I'm barely quaking in my boots.

Now, if you wanted to call yourself Vengence, then Khan would be a good avatar.

Just bein picky for no dang reason other than the holiday is almost over, which means returning to work is getting closer, so that's driving me crazy. :woohoo:

Well ... his full name could be Death of Kirks. :cheers:

Besides, picking on somebody's avatar is just bad form. :drunk:

-SK :beer:

For those of you who are not aware, "Death" is actually short for "Death Machine" a tired concept from the early 90's version of SuperNova II thought to be a "superior" racial choice by some.

It is amusing that there are those who still believe that concept still exists in this version of the game. But, then again, there are those who simply cannot let go of the past in any form.

We expelled "Death" for good reason. There is no place for "Death", nor the likes of "Death", within our alliance. It is good that "Death" has found some who are not aware of his past and his philosophies and that will choose to play with him.

For those of you who are not aware, "Death" is actually short for "Death Machine" a tired concept from the early 90's version of SuperNova II thought to be a "superior" racial choice by some.

It is amusing that there are those who still believe that concept still exists in this version of the game. But, then again, there are those who simply cannot let go of the past in any form.

We expelled "Death" for good reason. There is no place for "Death", nor the likes of "Death", within our alliance. It is good that "Death" has found some who are not aware of his past and his philosophies and that will choose to play with him.

"Death Machines" were also an option in SN I. They were based on Saberhagen's Berserker character which were large intelligent machines that sought to rid the universe of all life. :cheers:

I never found them attractive either.

PS Good to see that the PA is still active.

• 3 years later...