Rolling Thunder Forums

Advanced Tech and resources

hobknob

I for one have not gone after neutrals because of the low return. I would rather spend my money establishing a colony.

Now if you could capture a neutral and it had items that you could build on the planet with that pop group, say MK1 Anti-Matter engines, at a limited quantity. Now I would hunt for neutrals if I had a chance at making, say 100 engines a turn.

I agree with the larger number of pops. If the numbers were substantially increased it would be worth the effort.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have not gone after neutrals because of the low return. I would rather spend my money establishing a colony.

Now if you could capture a neutral and it had items that you could build on the planet with that pop group, say MK1 Anti-Matter engines, at a limited quantity. Now I would hunt for neutrals if I had a chance at making, say 100 engines a turn.

I agree with the larger number of pops. If the numbers were substantially increased it would be worth the effort.

It would be nice if they did that whether you conquered them or not.

[Dream Mode]

If they were bigger and produced stuff, it would also be cool if they 'bargained' during Diplomatic Encounters, such as "We have [Mk I Anti-Matter Engines] to trade for [Advanced Consumer Goods]."

[/Dream Mode]

-SK :ninja:

Neutrals could also feed into the Religion system when implemented, so that you could get +++favor from diplomatic conquests or +favor from military take-overs.

It would also be fun, IMO, if it was all tied together with the Religion System. For example, if your Empire was a follower of Vladcheck and the Neutral was a follower of Yamal, you would get penalties during Diplomatic negotiations but a boost in 'morale' following a Military conquest (for smiting heathens). Similarly, if both of you were devotees of the same religion, you would get a bonus during Diplomatic negotiations but a decline in 'morale' following a Military conquest (for killing fellow members of the flock).

YMMV,

That was pretty much the way things worked with SN II.  It was quite a kick to be the leader of one of the various religions.  I believe in my gaming I occupied the top spot for a time in 3 of the 4 religions then available.  It was certainly interesting.

:ninja:

Religion in SN:ROTE doesnt work at all like it did in SN II. First off the various

races of the galaxy dont follow any one the deities. You religious leaders seem

to gather favor from all of them. There would have to be a major change such

as adding an order that would align your race with a particular deity. Those Theocractic goverments would certainly have a blast with this one! I know of

one who has already taken this approach foregoing all of the known deities

and following his own. :beer:

Those Theocractic goverments would certainly have a blast with this one! I know of

one who has already taken this approach foregoing all of the known deities and following his own. :drunk:

That would also prove to be an interesting twist. I mean if players could 'found' a religion and then try to convert other Empires, PC and NPC, to follow said religion either by persuasion, military force or both. It would also serve to give the 'Fanatical' troops a bit more flavor, IMO. :beer:

[Pete - please schedule this for the 2008 Enhancement set. :P ]

Those Theocractic goverments would certainly have a blast with this one! I know of

one who has already taken this approach foregoing all of the known deities and following his own. :cheers:

That would also prove to be an interesting twist. I mean if players could 'found' a religion and then try to convert other Empires, PC and NPC, to follow said religion either by persuasion, military force or both. It would also serve to give the 'Fanatical' troops a bit more flavor, IMO. :beer:

[Pete - please schedule this for the 2008 Enhancement set. :drunk: ]

oooo very much so indeed. :P Might even have to start a revoulution to bring about this new

religion which all must follow be purged. :drunk: