Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 77

Glamdring

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, all of you. 10 top scores all-time between the top two spots in the game! I am glad that I was a part of this game! Iceland---Boy, all the ships and planes of mine that you destroyed in the final 12-15 turns sure did pad those totals! Well done!

:beer: To all of you!

What a surprise.... but first of all I have to thank Steve, he did the main part of the job. I was too far in the south. This was a great game. I hope I will see all of you again.

Michael

Thanks must also be shared with other characters from our mutual past.

Our game was off to a great start thanks to our fallen TA, Turkey/Meatybites (Chris E.) and our political ally

Central Russia (Rogue Leader- Brian S.). These gentlemen were the foundation of Michael's and my success and we Thank You! I wish circumstances would have allowed you both to finish the game and share in the Victory!

Let us not forget our first major victory that insured our success. Had Michael not taken out Saudi77 in a brillant and tense campaign we would not be the victors today.

I also will bask in the glory of Best Southern Russia which was my goal when I began this game. Alas my victory will be short. I already am aware of Southern Rusia 79 who will probably take my crown in about 1 year.

Even though SR/Syria won this game under the CURRENT RULES i feel NA3 were our co-victors.

We feel that when the points were totaled they were victims of their own success. for instance.......What Canada would reasonably pick a victory condition of capturing the most IMDL in the game? Well, Canada surprising would have won that Victory Point in this game. Southern Russia did pick this Victory point and got the credit for being in 2nd place but Canada got ZERO victory points for being in first place.

We suspect there are many more examples such as this. If the NA3 could pick new Victory Conditions and have the score re-tabulated I think they would have won the game.

In a closing note.....we cannot believe Canada did not move to #1 in the Best Canada rankings!

SR/Syria

Even though SR/Syria won this game under the CURRENT RULES i feel NA3 were our co-victors.

We feel that when the points were totaled they were victims of their own success. for instance.......What Canada would reasonably pick a victory condition of capturing the most IMDL in the game? Well, Canada surprising would have won that Victory Point in this game. Southern Russia did pick this Victory point and got the credit for being in 2nd place but Canada got ZERO victory points for being in first place.

We suspect there are many more examples such as this. If the NA3 could pick new Victory Conditions and have the score re-tabulated I think they would have won the game.

In a closing note.....we cannot believe Canada did not move to #1 in the Best Canada rankings!

SR/Syria

It is never nice finishing second, but when the race is this close I really don't mind!

There are a lot of entries in the HOV from this game and we all did great. And like always, I find finishing a game an achievement in itself. :beer:

Michael,

Rethinking of this game and the victory conditions, I should indeed have picked IMDL, as I should also have picked ADL.

When you finish a game, you can score most likely good on these points. You will have conquered most of your neightbours and added these points to your total, and the conquerred nation will drop on that score.

For my next game I will take these points into account and choose accourdingly. There are more of these victory conditions open for discussion. It is a choice you make in the beginning of the game, and you are stuck with it.

Unfortunately, these can not be changed... You have seen my list of positions in the victory conditions areas, and I knew it would be close.

Too bad for me, the non-playing nation stole too much points from me in my scoring conditions...

That was also a little disappointment on my side!

I do have the number one position in largest navy, which was my goal! I missed my 100k target due to naval bombing... (What A luck we had with soo few naval bombings...)

Norbert

Rethinking of this game and the victory conditions, I should indeed have picked IMDL, as I should also have picked ADL.

When you finish a game, you can score most likely good on these points. You will have conquered most of your neightbours and added these points to your total, and the conquerred nation will drop on that score.

For my next game I will take these points into account and choose accourdingly. There are more of these victory conditions open for discussion. It is a choice you make in the beginning of the game, and you are stuck with it.

Unfortunately, these can not be changed... You have seen my list of positions in the victory conditions areas, and I knew it would be close.

Too bad for me, the non-playing nation stole too much points from me in my scoring conditions...

Norbert

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole word, and lose his own soul?"—Mark 8:36.

I think the lesson to be gained from this game is the OVERWHELMING effect of victory condions which is NOT the same thing as defeating your enemies and conquering the map.

What profit Canada to conquer xHelsinki or xMoscow with massivie armies if his victory condition is Largest Airforce? Perhaps a player is better of to leave his enemies alive and let them keep sending forth their armies to be devestated while you rack up the points for most armies destroyed.

Many things require evaluation during the game but we all to often place crushing an opponet over our dimly remembered Victory! Conditions we picked on turn #1.

Guest Spongebob

AM I READING THIS RIGHT - MONK WON :wub::wub::wub: WHATS WHAT WHA.... WHAT THE 'KIN ELL IS GOING ON..... :wub: HOW ON EARTH DID THIS DEGENERATE MANAGE TO SURVIVE A WHOLE GAME LET ALONE WIN IT... OH THIS IS MORE THAN A SPONGE CAN TAKE....

TAKE ME TO THE BEACH AND DRY ME OUT

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I dont believe I'm going to say this..... But.... (GRITTED TEATH) Well Done Monk.

There, I said it, are you happy now. Well are you.... This does not mean Im now your best mate.... Ohhhhh Nooooo..... NO WAY!!! Your still going to suffer at the wet soggy hands of the sponge. One day, you will be crushed under my squarepants.

I'll see in you in V86 - Sponge VS Monk (no matter what nations we end up with)