Rolling Thunder Forums

Hello and Question

Chargerman

Since I was in a long running fight with NSI and still never deterimed if the empire was player or AI run, anything is possible.

WKE, has that war ceased? I found your posts entertaining and if it has stopped, I am sorry that it has. :beer:

To be honest, I don't know. I haven't encountered an NSI ship in many turns. His two big fleets consisting of 500 screen ships and 4 capital ships have each disappeared. IE .. one minute they were guarding WP's into a system, the next .. gone ... and my little probe ships got through (followed by the big fleets in later turns). Still haven't located the HW, but I've gone through several systems now finding nothing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, quite the history lesson here. :beer:

It is good to see some of the old passions (and characters) are still kicking around.

As for "winning" the game: I'm always happy to get through a turn without making a mistake (especially big production mix ups). I know something is going right with the game when every second Saturday rolls around and I start anxiously checking my email every 30 minutes...

-LX

3) Then came the infamous "empire trading" uproar. What began as simple thing gathered a life of its own. Like WKE, I played The Colony for a while. Oooops? did I say that? Does that mean that we know all about that position and how it is adjacent to WKE's orgiginal position such that now he has two empires working together? Of course we do. Is it a big deal? Nope. Martin got to play a position type that he wished he had started with and so did I. After all the uproar we traded back again. Not much longer after that he told us he was quitting and he left the PA. We've not heard from him since. So technically he was not PA when all this Valkor swordplay really got going. For you roleplayers out there, Eyre and Go'ald were never PA, only Colony was.

Yep. "The Colony" seems to have had more owners than a Democrat has positions on an issue. :beer: And in the uproar, I agree, I came out strongly against RTG allowing trading. I had many mails on the issue back and forth with RTG trying to convince them of my position. But Pete and Russ stuck to their guns and said trust us. I can be stuborn, and will argue some things till Blue in the face (or whatever color is appropriate for my various races). But once the final decision is made, I adjust and live with it.

So later when MMB asked me if I wanted to take over "The Colony" when he quit, I was a hesitant. Given how strongly I argued against such take overs and trades, it seemed initially a bad idea. But after a few traded mails, and with RTG agreeing to allow it (trust us), I agreed. As I said, I adjust. :(

And yes, the Go'ald and Eyre were never PA. They made enough enemies alone and did not need to bring any more into the fold.

Everything you mentioned about the early PA is interesting. More behind the scenes bloodletting than I knew had occured before. Very interesting....

• 6 months later...
Yep.  "The Colony" seems to have had more owners than a Democrat has positions on an issue.  :alien:  And in the uproar, I agree, I came out strongly against RTG allowing trading.  I had many mails on the issue back and forth with RTG trying to convince them of my position.  But Pete and Russ stuck to their guns and said trust us.  I can be stuborn, and will argue some things till Blue in the face (or whatever color is appropriate for my various races).  But once the final decision is made, I adjust and live with it. 

So later when MMB asked me if I wanted to take over "The Colony" when he quit, I was a hesitant.  Given how strongly I argued against such take overs and trades, it seemed initially a bad idea.  But after a few traded mails, and with RTG agreeing to allow it (trust us), I agreed.  As I said, I adjust.  :alien: 

Actually it's less trust RTG on this issue than trust each other. We don't get involved in the player politics at all. If somebody picks up a position it was because the previous owner transferred it to him -- it's a neutral exchange of ownership as far as we're concerned. Now, if other players take exception to it and make political or military trouble (special effects in background of the thrommm....thrommmm... of military-grade jump drives spinning up) :) that's entirely their business. We stay welllll away from that and let you guys handle your own affairs <_<

Yep.  "The Colony" seems to have had more owners than a Democrat has positions on an issue.  :D  And in the uproar, I agree, I came out strongly against RTG allowing trading.  I had many mails on the issue back and forth with RTG trying to convince them of my position.  But Pete and Russ stuck to their guns and said trust us.  I can be stuborn, and will argue some things till Blue in the face (or whatever color is appropriate for my various races).  But once the final decision is made, I adjust and live with it. 

So later when MMB asked me if I wanted to take over "The Colony" when he quit, I was a hesitant.  Given how strongly I argued against such take overs and trades, it seemed initially a bad idea.  But after a few traded mails, and with RTG agreeing to allow it (trust us), I agreed.  As I said, I adjust.   :P  

Actually it's less trust RTG on this issue than trust each other. We don't get involved in the player politics at all. If somebody picks up a position it was because the previous owner transferred it to him -- it's a neutral exchange of ownership as far as we're concerned. Now, if other players take exception to it and make political or military trouble (special effects in background of the thrommm....thrommmm... of military-grade jump drives spinning up) :pirate2: that's entirely their business. We stay welllll away from that and let you guys handle your own affairs :taz:

Admit it. You enjoy watching the show!

Octus

Admit it. You enjoy watching the show!

Getttttcher popcorn peanuts iccccce cold brew! Watch hundreds of alien empires slug it out, often losing millions of tons of ships in glorious combat! Bring the kids! Right here! Step riiiiight up! :D

Sha'thar licks a paw idly, wondering if the mysterious beings known as THE OBSERVERS run fast... or slow...