Rolling Thunder Forums

We made it!!!

General Miles Avatar

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To confirm your supposition of racial bonus you need to try out the sme thing on several WP's. I have found D's that seemed to be harder than E's and F's and G's that I should not have been able to crack. I think the distance factor has more to do with it than we know.

One more post to 1000. :beer:

To confirm your supposition of racial bonus you need to try out the sme thing on several WP's.  I have found D's that seemed to be harder than E's and F's and G's that I should not have been able to crack.  I think the distance factor has more to do with it than we know.

One more post to 1000.  :beer:

Drum roll please for the magical 1K!

Octus

To confirm your supposition of racial bonus you need to try out the sme thing on several WP's.  I have found D's that seemed to be harder than E's and F's and G's that I should not have been able to crack.  I think the distance factor has more to do with it than we know.

One more post to 1000.  :beer:

Drum roll please for the magical 1K!

Octus

Go figure. Same conditions on the other side of the H warp point. same distance

from star .1 AU's and the same class H. This time however we didnt get it. :(

no matter the other warp point out of the system is an A whohooo!

Yes.  Each WP is a one way route and they won't necesarily follow the same path even if they do return to the same location.  They are one way roads, sometimes the raoute is short and other times it can be long and convoluted.  the long ones are more difficult to survey.

:)

So does this mean that you may not be able to survey an A with a Mk I?

PS Congrats on the 1k post Hobknob.

The tables in the supplement are completely accurate for your known variables. The supplement also talks about WP's either being easier or harder to survey based on unknown distance factors. This is all part of the process. To my knowledge, there isn't any lifeform bonus that will help you with WP surveys.

I think you will find that most of the WP's will fall pretty close close to the values stated in the tables. As the difficulty increases your margin or victory decreases. There comes a point where even small increases in difficulty will cause you to fail.

:)

Strange, I have yet to see any warp point 'higher' than a G -- and we are fairly well-travelled.

They must be rare.    :)

Not that I'd want to pay to fuel cost to travel through one.

-LX

Yes, G's and H's do exist, sometimes at the worst dang locations. Imagine a race where one of the WP's leading out of the Home system is a "G", and the WP leading back is an "H". Sure, its pretty good defense. But talk about a pain getting out to see the neighbors. Especially when the other WP's are an "F" (leading to an "F") and an somewhat reasonable "D" (leading to a "D"). Good thing the home system has lots of planets and moons to play with.

Strange, I have yet to see any warp point 'higher' than a G -- and we are fairly well-travelled.

They must be rare.    :P

Not that I'd want to pay to fuel cost to travel through one.

-LX

Yes, G's and H's do exist, sometimes at the worst dang locations. Imagine a race where one of the WP's leading out of the Home system is a "G", and the WP leading back is an "H". Sure, its pretty good defense. But talk about a pain getting out to see the neighbors. Especially when the other WP's are an "F" (leading to an "F") and an somewhat reasonable "D" (leading to a "D"). Good thing the home system has lots of planets and moons to play with.

Could be worse. I think that Hughestrog has a one way leading our of his home system. :)