Rolling Thunder Forums

Migration to colonies

AKO

The turn shee spells it out so there is no need to infer something. It shows up right after the normal growth blurb if there is one.

Here is one of mine;

Population Group # XXXXX on XXXXX - 7b realizes private civilian immigration of 2 population units--this is a popular

world, probably because of some of the facilities present there! (if a homeworld, this growth represents civilians moving

into cities from the countryside)

I got them on my colony worlds for both empires. I've had them on occassion in the past. I build all 1/100 religious, recreational, and admin buildings on all my worlds and just redistributed my leaders to take advantage of the new leader bonuses. My first empire is definitely a non colonizer so the influx of new beings is most welcome.

The turn shee spells it out so there is no need to infer something.  It shows up right after the normal growth blurb if there is one.

Here is one of mine;

Population Group # XXXXX on XXXXX - 7b realizes private civilian immigration of 2 population units--this is a popular

world, probably because of some of the facilities present there! (if a homeworld, this growth represents civilians moving

into cities from the countryside)

Thanks Honknob. I looked at my turn again and I did not find any statement regarding civilian immigration so we can only assume that we don't have the right facilities to be attractive. Guess we will have to consider building some. <_<

I built 25 sports complexes on a colony and got some extra migration. On another colony with only 70 pop I built about one of everything long ago to try and get some civilian migration. I never got anything until Pete adjusted to rate two turns ago. For the past 2 turns I have gotten some extra growth.

<_<

We noticed migration only to colonies with the same atmosphere as the homeworld. Has anybody seen migration to colonies with a different atmophere than their homeworld?

Not here. Had migration to worlds with Chlorine, Ammonia, and Vacumn (and of course the HW with Carbon Dioxide). Of course this is a colonizer race. But I never imagined an Asteriod would be some place attractive to migrate to. Silly pop.

If anything, I have to say all this migration / increased growth is bad for my colonies. Why? Well, each is already well populated with all the pop and supporting infrastructure to mine what is useful on those worlds. So more pop is NOT needed. If anything, now I have to start adding some ships with colonial berthings to the cargo routes ... to bring the excess POP home. Because they are of no use on the colonies. Or I can let them sit and pile up being useless. Heck, I many have to consider tearing down some buildings to make the worlds less attractive.

Try using an XCTN order to siphon off the extra pop. You can use a colony ship pick up the collies when it is convenient for you.