Rolling Thunder Forums

Threat by PA?

CLEernest

Two things. One, you are the only family that is known by those of us on the board who are playing but there could be other families whose members may not post here. Two, a pirate preys, a religious person prays, so assuming that the rumor creator spelled prey correctly, that could have an entirely different meaning. Good Luck and don't let the PAbugs bite.  :D

That certainly would put a different meaning to the source.

CLE, I think Ali-t has hit on something. Reading the quote you posted, I would agree that as long as the word prey was spelled correctly, you had nothing to worry about. And, perhaps this message was directed against another family playing the game and might have had nothing to do with you.

However, I think that putting up defenses would be a good idea now that all forum readers are aware that the Shrike are hardly a threat at this point. After all, there be pirates out there (the WHAPO group comes to mind :D ). Any of 'them scurvy ones' who read this board and have met a Shrike ship in the past may begin an active search for the Shrike.

Hardly, I have a miniscule warfleet, only a small ammount of territory, and my up to 5th generation techs. You can guess why I'm a little worried when I think a powerful empire my be threatening (that doesn't look right, DANG I CAN"T SPELL! :D ) me.

Sounds like you just told the PA that you are a soft target.

Or suckered them in....

I'm not worried about Pirates. My defensne fleet is more than powerful enough to fend off pirates and even my frieghters carry noticeable firepower, like a Q-ship in starfleet battles. I may have spelled prey incorrectly. I don't have the news on hand right now so I'll have to check and report back.

As for suckering in the PA, a war between us would be short but destructive to both sides. I don't have much of a fleet but I have resources.

I'm not worried about Pirates. My defensne fleet is more than powerful enough to fend off pirates and even my frieghters carry noticeable firepower, like a Q-ship in starfleet battles. I may have spelled prey incorrectly. I don't have the news on hand right now so I'll have to check and report back.

As for suckering in the PA, a war between us would be short but destructive to both sides. I don't have much of a fleet but I have resources.

Yes... I suppose a crewmember in a spacesuit with a hand-blaster could be "noticeble." ;)

Yes... I suppose a crewmember in a spacesuit with a hand-blaster could be "noticeble." ;)

Now Sha'Thar, that was a catty remark. ;)

So you sent that message. Well played. Tell me, which empire is yours? Don't worry revenge is not our way. Not mine anyway. The Shrike public may have something else to say but my word is final.

I think you are reading too much into my statement. I did not send that message. I was responding to the comment about someone having trouble with English as much as you. I am sorry if you interpret that as the person who threatens you. I have not run into either your empire or your father's and I don't waste my time with idle threats which that would be.