Rolling Thunder Forums

Warp Nexii

Magus666

I know of several G's and an I that are two way with the same on the return.

:blink:

G-G are pretty common, and I just finished an H-H. There is definately reason to the madness.

I always thought so too, but other wiser heads ( :D ?) have said no. Must be some correlation, but what it is I haven't made out yet. Must do some more exploring!

I know of several G's and an I that are two way with the same on the return.

:D

G-G are pretty common, and I just finished an H-H. There is definately reason to the madness.

I always thought so too, but other wiser heads ( :blink: ?) have said no. Must be some correlation, but what it is I haven't made out yet. Must do some more exploring!

I am not sure there is any correlation. i ahve looked at all of the warp points I have found and then compared the results to the pairs. I have found that the frequency of a partifcular class ramps up from A to D and then falls off pretty quickly so the F and G (the highest I have found) are actually pretty rare (about a 1 in 40 occurrence). When I reviewed the pairs I had (a limited dataset since I have not cracked all of the Fs and Gs at this point) I found that Cs and Ds were likely to be paired (C-C and D-D) but that As, Bs and Es tended to pair with other classes more than with the same class. You might think this would show a pattern but I think it is more likely that random chance has determined the likelihood of the pairing.

(If someone has a way to run an F test on a matrix I could add some mathematical rigor to that analysis. Send a PM if you do.)

My guess -- the "K" leads to a WP within the gravity well of a black hole. I do know of a black hole, with a GRAVITY WELL around the Black Hole from 0 to 96.4 AU .. and amazingly there is a WP at 0.3 AU. Since the Gravity Well is described as

Powerful gravitational forces can sometimes create a Gravity Well Zone. Ships with weak engines that enter such an area could be sucked into whatever created the Gravity Well. This spells doom for the ship as it is crushed into the size of a small pancake in mere seconds.

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit. :D

My guess -- the "K" leads to a WP within the gravity well of a black hole.  I do know of a black hole, with a GRAVITY WELL around the Black Hole from 0 to 96.4 AU .. and amazingly there is a WP at 0.3 AU.  Since the Gravity Well is described as

Powerful gravitational forces can sometimes create a Gravity Well Zone. Ships with weak engines that enter such an area could be sucked into whatever created the Gravity Well. This spells doom for the ship as it is crushed into the size of a small pancake in mere seconds.   

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit.  :blink:

Maybe it leads to another sectioon on the universe. Sending a pathfinder through would be an interesting test. :D

My guess -- the "K" leads to a WP within the gravity well of a black hole.  I do know of a black hole, with a GRAVITY WELL around the Black Hole from 0 to 96.4 AU .. and amazingly there is a WP at 0.3 AU.  Since the Gravity Well is described as

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit.   :blink:

Maybe it leads to another sectioon on the universe. Sending a pathfinder through would be an interesting test. :D

The brave crew of the Pathfinder Monora prepare to dive their ship into an extrodinary find, a "K" type warp point. A small fueling rig has been attached to their ship giving them the extra fuel needed to transit in the extremes of a K type worm hole. With one last view over the controls, each station on the ship signals ready. The Captain gives the signal, and the ships warp engines are activated...

The noise from the engines continue to build and grow as massive quantities of fuel are consumed keeping the ship safe within the worm hole. A kalidescope of colors pass before the crews eyes in near blinding intensities. The noise keeps building, the lights keeps growing, until suddenly ... all goes quiet. The transit was a success!

The Captain orders an immediate sensor survey of the area. Alas, nothing is found .. except for one strange object, all alone in a starless void. Curious, the Monora approach the object. It is slowly rotating in the void, and light is coming from the other side just now rotating into view. Slowly the ship circles counter to the rotation, to determine the source of the light. After a few moments that can make out there are numerous large glowing objects studding the one side. With continued movement and rotation they can now sense the objects appear to be grouped and ordered. Maybe ... no, it can't be ... writing on that scale? Are they mad? Both in awe and in fear they continue to move over the object until they can clearly make out what was written by some being of obvious incredible power..

SuperNova IV: The Return of the T'ckon, is currently under construction. Please be patient and you will be invited to the Beta for the universe once it is open. RTG

Strange writings indeed. What can it mean?

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit.   :blink:

Both in awe and in fear they continue to move over the object until they can clearly make out what was written by some being of obvious incredible power..

SuperNova IV: The Return of the T'ckon, is currently under construction. Please be patient and you will be invited to the Beta for the universe once it is open. RTG

LOL

Excellent!

Although, to be perfectly honest, I was fully expecting the message, "Sorry for the inconvenience."

TErnest

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit.  :blink:

Both in awe and in fear they continue to move over the object until they can clearly make out what was written by some being of obvious incredible power..

LOL

Excellent!

Although, to be perfectly honest, I was fully expecting the message, "Sorry for the inconvenience."

TErnest

And I thought it would be BIG FLASHING RED letters that say "Don't PANIC"

LOL

Excellent!

TErnest

I was considering a large flaming "42". But that would have been to obvious.....

LOL

Excellent!

TErnest

Ali- and with your avatar, I thought you'd have said "and thanks for all the fish"!

I can just imagine you spend all that time and effort to explore the K, only to get some message about the ship being compressed down into nothingness on exit.  :D

LOL

Excellent!

TErnest

Ali- and with your avatar, I thought you'd have said "and thanks for all the fish"!

But we haven't left yet.

PS Now you know what we put in our food concentrates. TUNAFISH :blink: