Rolling Thunder Forums

Starters Questions

Koenus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my largest single find was 90k.  Lucky for me that my fleet had 150k cargo space.  :ninja:

My latest mega explorer has 1M cargo, just in case I find an uber weapon of some sort.

:nuke:  :woohoo:

More hope, or some sort of logic involved?

My explorers are 25k, which is sometimes disappointing when you can't load all of a find onto them.

And from what I can remember, I've found drones and loaded them as cargo but not fighters.

Well, my largest single find was 90k.  Lucky for me that my fleet had 150k cargo space.  :ninja:

My latest mega explorer has 1M cargo, just in case I find an uber weapon of some sort.

:nuke:  :woohoo:

More hope, or some sort of logic involved?

My explorers are 25k, which is sometimes disappointing when you can't load all of a find onto them.

And from what I can remember, I've found drones and loaded them as cargo but not fighters.

My explorers have 26k T of Cargo Space. I designed them in the early days because I was unsure if I got two finds that I would be able to keep them. Some day when I redesign with improved Science Labs, I will update the Cargo requirements.

My Mega Explorer conducts multiple orders every turn and I find it to be too order excessive to do the EXPL, OC combo for each EXPL order. I plan on my ship being able to run through all explores for a couple of turns before I need to find a spot to dump them. This is a mobile fleet that is out on the frontier in locations that do not always have pop groups handy to drop stuff. I also have drone racks, fighter bays and such to collect those goodies.

:ninja:

My Mega Explorer conducts multiple orders every turn and I find it to be too order excessive to do the EXPL, OC combo for each EXPL order.  I plan on my ship being able to run through all explores for a couple of turns before I need to find a spot to dump them.  This is a mobile fleet that is out on the frontier in locations that do not always have pop groups handy to drop stuff.  I also have drone racks, fighter bays and such to collect those goodies.

:ninja:

Very order intensive. I still do the XEXPL and XOC over colonies. I know I'm missing out (potentially) on stuff, but I'm more happy keeping my turn down to 40 orders. :woohoo:

My current exploration design is 50k cargo, 1 drone, 1 fighter bay in addition to the science stuffie. However, when the next generation science lab rolls off the research queue I plan on recycling my explorer into a newer, larger version probably 100k cargo, 5 fighter bay, 5 drone rack. I've had several hits on fighters and drones that I could not load all I found.

Also in case of an unmitigated disaster or if I run into another Whacko...err Whapo then the explorers can be loaded with fighters and drones for defensive purposes.

My current exploration design is 50k cargo, 1 drone, 1 fighter bay in addition to the science stuffie.  However, when the next generation science lab rolls off the research queue I plan on recycling my explorer into a newer, larger version probably 100k cargo, 5 fighter bay, 5 drone rack.  I've had several hits on fighters and drones that I could not load all I found.

Also in case of an unmitigated disaster or if I run into another Whacko...err Whapo then the explorers can be loaded with fighters and drones for defensive purposes.

Or put onto convoy duty to ferry stuff to the front. I'm assuming that most folks arm and armour their survey vessels?

My current exploration design is 50k cargo, 1 drone, 1 fighter bay in addition to the science stuffie.  However, when the next generation science lab rolls off the research queue I plan on recycling my explorer into a newer, larger version probably 100k cargo, 5 fighter bay, 5 drone rack.  I've had several hits on fighters and drones that I could not load all I found.

Or put onto convoy duty to ferry stuff to the front. I'm assuming that most folks arm and armour their survey vessels?

My EXPL ships are only armed with Magnetic Grapples... If they were to encounter a real fight, they would be destroyed in the first round/pulse of combat. My (Warp) Survey ships are a different matter...

I do but like Ix they would go down pretty quickly. None of them have TWDs (at this time) so I dont see the need to heavily defend them.

All my explorers are in my home system. With 29 worlds/moons to explore in the home system I've had no need to send them into the dark dangerous rowdy unknown.

I have a spare explorer on handle to my insystem hauling of drones and fighters. Otherwise I use 500k cargo bay freighters to haul exploration finds back to the HW.

All my explorers are in my home system.  With 29 worlds/moons to explore in the home system I've had no need to send them into the dark dangerous rowdy unknown.

I have a spare explorer on handle to my insystem hauling of drones and fighters.  Otherwise I use 500k cargo bay freighters to haul exploration finds back to the HW.

Just out of interest, how many XEXPLs are people doing each turn? We are currently at 60.

All my explorers are in my home system.  With 29 worlds/moons to explore in the home system I've had no need to send them into the dark dangerous rowdy unknown.

I have a spare explorer on handle to my insystem hauling of drones and fighters.  Otherwise I use 500k cargo bay freighters to haul exploration finds back to the HW.

Just out of interest, how many XEXPLs are people doing each turn? We are currently at 60.

Hmmm. I seem to recall something about a drop in in results for orders over 40 from the old boards. I don't do anywhere near 60. 10-15 max.

Hmmm. I seem to recall something about a drop in in results for orders over 40 from the old boards. I don't do anywhere near 60. 10-15 max.

My most active possition is up to 186 XEXPL orders per turn.

As I was ramping up to this level, I noticed no drop in results based upon number of orders per turn. That is, 80 EXPL orders produced about twice the results of 40 orders per turn.

However, there is a significant drop in results for a given planet, based upon the cumulative number of EXPL orders successfully executed at that planet, over time. After a while, any given well just goes dry.

TErnest

24. and my Home System has two planets (no moons) and an asteroid belt :ninja:

You could skip drone racks and fighter bays on EXPL ships. Yes, you would occasionally miss the odd fighter or drone (low tech at that) but honestly, the odds are so rare that I'm not convinced you ever recover your investment in the rack/bays.

Having a minimum of 25000 cargo bays, on the other hand, IS required, because let one transwarp drive hit the garbage disposal, and you will remember it 89 turns later.

I do.