Rolling Thunder Forums

Starters Questions

Koenus

Ill remember that I can use TWO XEXP orders for those exploration vessels.

And yes, those planets have been surveyed and scanned...but Pathfinders have no cargo spaces so I have held off on the EXP orders. Dont want to find something and lose it. Right now the Pathfinders are off surveying our neighbor system. Its alot more interesting that our little, isolated home system

Pair them up with a 1-engine 25,000 cargo bay freighter and any grapples/universal translators, advanced science labs, etc. that you may have found.

Magus - You are right to hold off on the EXPL orders with the Pathfinders. I agree that they are not that useful for that order set. Laserwolf makes a good suggestion as a way to make use of them for EXPL orders, however, I prefer custom design EXPL ships so that I can use my Pathfinders as sacrifical lambs and for tasks that other ships are not well suited for nor worth the time to design for.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early in the game it was much more difficult to find things with explore orders. Pete than fixed it so that it was not so difficult. Shortly after this happened, Pete mentioned that there was a diminishing return factor built into the equation the would effectively limit the number of Explores that you would want to do. This number was not given and each person would have to figure out there own drop off point.

When you look at your esplores you have to count up each explore order that you have issued, whether it is executed or not or if the fleet has ships or not.

I would consult the tome of knowledge prepared by Eternus that catelogues the various comments and postings by Pete and Russ to find the references.

Hope that helps.

:D