seeking advice on colonization

rotor911

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more for you guys. :python:

When attrition is zero there's no need to build such things as cities or col.training centers, am I right?!

Thanks in advance for your help and enjoy your weekend! :santa:

Vey occasionally you do get pop death even on a zero (ideal) world, but usually when you have a vast colony, something to do with rounding I suspect

One more for you guys. :woohoo:

When attrition is zero there's no need to build such things as cities or col.training centers, am I right?!

Thanks in advance for your help and enjoy your weekend! :jawdrop:

Vey occasionally you do get pop death even on a zero (ideal) world, but usually when you have a vast colony, something to do with rounding I suspect

There are species who are so fragile that even ideal worlds will cause attrition -- the result of too many negative traits.

There are also species who are the opposite -- they see asteroids as "ideal"

There are species who are so fragile that even ideal worlds will cause attrition -- the result of too many negative traits.

There are also species who are the opposite -- they see asteroids as "ideal"

Technology can fix all of these, of course. Either by researching better colonization technologies and structures, or by making your species more survivable.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I can't reduce colonial attrition on my first colony, even not after building doomed cities and weather control centers.

Main problems seems to be temperature which is 66° higher and axial tilt which is 6 lower than on my homeworld.

Maybe I have to install a Deep Core Heatsink ?

Odd,

Axial Tilt should have been fixed with the Weather Stations (are they 1:100 ?).

And yes, you might need a Deep Core Heatsink plus something to power it.

But if you have a negative colonizattion bonus (dashes instead of dots in the last line (Lifeform ... )) you

may not be ale to get it to zero attrition.

Odd,

But if you have a negative colonizattion bonus (dashes instead of dots in the last line (Lifeform ... )) you

No dashes at "lifeform", just dots. But I saw that there are some dashes at "ocean" which might be another problem to fix, but I don't know how...

For that, you need to build Fluid Conversion Plants at 1:100

Colonials Training Centers will help as well as any kind of City (Domed, Subterranean (esp. these)) as they have

unconditional attrition modifiers.

Odd,

No dashes at "lifeform", just dots. But I saw that there are some dashes at "ocean" which might be another problem to fix, but I don't know how...

For that, you need to build Fluid Conversion Plants at 1:100

Colonials Training Centers will help as well as any kind of City (Domed, Subterranean (esp. these)) as they have

unconditional attrition modifiers.

Ahh, Fluid Conversion Plants - never thought about that installation, just failed to see it anyway. Thank you so much for this good advise.