Rolling Thunder Forums

War

CLEernest

Latest Rumor

The System the Shrike are claiming is theirs is actually in one of the routes the Phoenix empire is moving ships thru, and that some believe the Shrike ships are only there to sight ship movements for their enemy IDE.

The Folly is they set the fleet to attack, and thereby caused the destruction of their own spy fleet, thereby defeating their own purpose.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 7? hm..

And I resent being called a rat.

VLD

Hey, VLD! So you are the mysterious follower of Vladchek! Well met! We were rather hoping to follow that fine deity ourselves, but our civilization cannot seem to generate a priest character to save our collective souls. :oops:

So, are you fighting the Phoenix Empire as well? Interested in "Enemy-of-our-enemy" status with us? Maybe we can create one of these "alliance" thingies I always hear other races talking about... "The Rat (and other lifeform) Bas..... Alliance!" I like that. :python:

RBA! RBA! RBA!

Lord of the Implements,

Mephisto of the Alpha Circle

Imperial Demonic Envelopement

Latest Rumor

The System the Shrike are claiming is theirs is actually in one of the routes the Phoenix empire is moving ships thru, and that some believe the Shrike ships are only there to sight ship movements for their enemy IDE.

The Folly is they set the fleet to attack, and thereby caused the destruction of their own spy fleet, thereby defeating their own purpose.

Oh, pu-leeez!

I think I see now why some folks prefer rumors. It allows them to avoid the truth, at their convenience.

There is a saying on our world, "You can lead a horse to the truth, but you can't make him think!"

No skin off my nose, I guess. The more death and mayhem in the galaxy, the better!

Lord of the Implements,

IS the Shrike empire saying that ONE empire can have two different DIE and IDE designators?

So VLD is also IDE

what about MAC?

Hello! I am not a rat bas....., but I play one in SNROTE!

Have to reply to this one, OOC to make any sense of it.

When I set-up the IDE, I actually asked for the name, "Demonic Imperial Encirclement." D.I.E. Pete, for reasons I did not understand at the time, scrambled my initials.

It turns out, that the initals DIE were already taken, apparently by another player who had the same (very cleaver, if I do say so, myself) idea that I had.

When I first signed up on this board in my IDE personna, I fell back on DIE initials that I had originally wanted. Hence, the confusion of Chris Ernest, the guy who runs the Shrike empire, my son.

Some time after my original sign-on here, my forces actually encountered DIE, the "Dominus Immortalus Empyrean," and all this, at last, became clear to me. Chris did not know of Dominus Immortalus Emperean, though. (No, I do not share all the details of my possition with, Chris. I viewed him as a potential game enemy, given the rat bas..... nature of IDE's philosophy.)

OK, so now I know who the Vladchek follower is. So... who the heck is MAC?

Tony Ernest

(running I.D.E.)

IS the Shrike empire saying that ONE empire can have two different DIE and IDE designators?

So VLD is also IDE

what about MAC?

Gary Carpenter,

I just had a stray thought, and I felt the urge to track it down and mash it. :python:

Is MAC the Mantodea Empire, by any chance? I have met them in our general neighborhood. But I cannot remember their three character abreviation. They're good fighters!

Lord of the Implements,

So VLD is also IDE

what about MAC?

Gary Carpenter,

I just had a stray thought, and I felt the urge to track it down and mash it. :python:

Is MAC the Mantodea Empire, by any chance? I have met them in our general neighborhood. But I cannot remember their three character abreviation. They're good fighters!

Lord of the Implements,

Our abreviation is MTD. Thanks for the compliment!

War has been delcared on the Pheniox Empire and the Lumarian Empire for their assult on Shrike space. A single Lumarian Kracken class DN and a Pheniox Empire Express ship have penetrated Shrike bordrs at the Filida system and destroyed the Pathfinder watching over the warp pont they arrived from. A second minor battle in the Fisk resulted in the destruction of 2 Lumarian warp point mappers. All members of the PA are now concidered hostile for internal safty. All PA members who wish to remain peaceful had best avoid Shrike space.

You destroyed unarmed survey ships. You parked a pathfinder in the path of known conflict. It was foolish of you to have thrown the first punch.

You have needlessly attracted the wrong sort of attention and by attempting to recruit our friendly neighbors against us, have sealed your fate.

You knew better.

News flash:

Acronyms at war

Somewhere in space, a large scale war has been reported between 2 alliances.

VLD and DIE (also called "the evil side"), are battling for more than a year now against an alliance of the Phoenix empire, the Scorpio empire and the Taathe de Danaan empire. The evil side seems to be winning.

Furthermore, confusion rules in the intelligence community:

DIE seems to run the IDE empire, and claims no link to DIE empire. DIE claims that IDE is his ally. Lumeria and Phoenix seem to be allied against IDE. Scorpio is, according to unconfirmed ruomours, on it's knees. Position of URS is unclear. SN:ROTE Newsletter has no confirmations on any of this.

Later news will follow.

CLE, care to respond to the allegations of Lumeria? Was your Pathfinder in a warzone? Have you attempted to recruit neighbors to go up against Lumeria? Sounds like you have a fight on your hands. Have you prepared yourself? Can you handle a Kracken DN? Sounds like another bad boy.

You gonna do something similar to Hobknob?? Post the results of battles (suitably edited for location information of course).

How about you Lumeria? Do you plan to post battle reports? Looks like this will be real interesting real fast.

So VLD is also IDE

what about MAC?

Ah! So you are MAC?

Well then, the answer to your question is, "Yes. MAC, too, is held by IDE." Or else, it will be, eventually. Maybe in a millenium or so, maybe sooner. :P

Don't worry, though. I rather like you, so when we do take over, your end will be (relatively) quick and painless. :drunk:

Lord of the Implements,

Wow, that was pretty confusing DIE. Ok, so who is MAC (MAC is an empire, right)? Is Gary Carpenter (the handle) the spokesman for MAC? And DIE (the handle) is the spokesman for IDE (empire), but is NOT talking for DIE (empire)? How does Shrike come into all this? Is Shrike against MAC? Or is Shrike strictly against Lumeria? Where does Phoenix come into all of this? I think that in order to reduce the amount of confusion about who's killing on who, we need some sort of a scorecard.

How about you DIE? What's your story. Who are you fighting? You gonna post anything about the glorious battles you've been fighting? Similar to Hobknob?

So VLD is also IDE

what about MAC?

Ah! So you are MAC?

Well then, the answer to your question is, "Yes. MAC, too, is held by IDE." Or else, it will be, eventually. Maybe in a millenium or so, maybe sooner. :P

Don't worry, though. I rather like you, so when we do take over, your end will be (relatively) quick and painless. :drunk:

Lord of the Implements,

COME ON DOWN, now is the perfect time, as my fleet is over someone elses HW.

It looks to me like Phoenix empire is winning this almost all alone, Except fo the cheering section, so I do not feel the need to come to you at this time.