Rolling Thunder Forums

War

CLEernest

Yep. A glorious win. 1.1Billion of integrity dispears..... Can't argue the fight results though....now will the missing integreity be discussed? Will it be addressed?

I am asking Pete for an explanation and if for some reason it is a mistake then a rerun of the battle. Should be fun..another 40 pages of results.

As long as the DepLoc problem is addressed as well, rerun to your heart's content. You'll still get thrashed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyre was in a fight with whoever, LOOOOOONNNNNNNG before that PA accepted some incarnations of the pirate into the PA fold.  This battle is NOT part of the PA's business, as NO PA empires are involved.    Though I would of thought a dropped position would of been defeated by now!

Are you saying the Pirate is back?

:blink: Well, how many drops have you seen that build dreadnoughts and battleships on a regular basis and then attack with them? Maybe we imagined the whole thing... :cheers: Such transparent deception is really not in keeping with PA style. Usually, your deceptions are much more credible!

As to the "non-PA" character of these empires...you get credit for your associations despite the tarnish they bring to the PA's image. The Roman/Valkor vs Eyre/Tentacles/Go'ald war does go back a LOOOOOONNNNNNNG time, however we still remember the PA banner at the forefront of those beginning battles when the surprise attack seemed certain to carry the day as PA capital ships were in orbit around the Roman HW. But as Allied forces rolled back the PA fleets to reclaim free space, somehow those PA banners were not carried so proudly any more, as witnessed by your own remarks.

Allied forces are not "saying" anything about "the Pirate", we're simply relaying the ongoing facts of the war for the benefit of the galaxy-wide audience. We are content to let the facts speak for themselves.

Very Well, If you want to declare the battle a glorious defeat of the entire PA, or the entire Galaxy, feel free to do so.

The Eyre, Tentacles nor the Go'uld are not, nor have they ever been, members of our alliance. The Colony was indeed a member at one time, but at the time of its absorption it was removed.

The Pirate has his own agenda and always has.

Your inability to discern a player from an empire is not our concern.

The Eyre, Tentacles nor the Go'uld are not, nor have they ever been, members of our alliance. The Colony was indeed a member at one time, but at the time of its absorption it was removed.

Uh, yeah...we should just take your word for it. :cheers:

Since the PA's word has been devalued to the point of being worthless in Alliance space, what's the point. :blink:

Uh, yeah...we should just take your word for it. :cheers:

Since the PA's word has been devalued to the point of being worthless in Alliance space, what's the point. :blink:

Either the PA is the powerful group you are bragging about defeating in this last battle<From YOU NOT the PA>, OR devalued in alliance space to the point of being worthless<your statment again, not the PA;s>.

DUH, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

If the Pirate is still alive then I am pleased, as he adds a little color to the place. However, I am unaware of any communication between the Pirate and the PA in a very long time. I have been a proud member of the PA since the day that it was formed, yet I have never had direct communication with the Pirate. The Pirate has always marched to the beat of a different drummer.

If Eternus attacked Justinian, would the PA be blamed? I doubt it, even though Eternus was once an active member of the PA.

Does Justinian have a death wish? He is barely able to cower in his home system and defend himself against the Pirate, yet still he seems to want to taunt the PA into attacking as well. Take care Justinian, you may just get what it is you seem to be asking for.

Spaceman

Yep. A glorious win. 1.1Billion of integrity dispears..... Can't argue the fight results though....now will the missing integreity be discussed? Will it be addressed?

I am asking Pete for an explanation and if for some reason it is a mistake then a rerun of the battle. Should be fun..another 40 pages of results.

As Pete mentioned, the integrity was there .. just bad displays on the results due to misdefined number types (used Long Integer insted of Double for the display and that has a max number limit). Actually, I'm surprised it did not display some type of large Negative integrity on the battle report. I've seen that before in a cargo loading error (I supposedly managed to load a huge negative amount of some item when I messed up the load order, and the total weight trying to load went over the Long integer max limit).

ALSO .. with this constant fighting between the Eyre and Romans and ... one has to wonder how weak all three are getting compared to the rest of the universe as they keep tossing materials into the meat grinder. Turn after turn of mining and production gone, while their "friendly" neighbors keep building up. When will someone step in and impose peace on the region, merely to protect the innocent citizens of course (and not to gain any power or plunder or rich worlds). :cheers:

Geee, maybe if the Universe Demands it the PA, should step in and take out the pirate and romans, for the cause of PEACE. What higher calling!

I call for a VOTE!

IF someone would make a poll on this subject and call for a yes, no vote, I would appreciate it, as I do not know how to make the poll.

Spaceman-

I was never an active member of the PA. I logged into their inaugral meeting at the dawn of its inception but made it clear to them I couldn't join. I've been in a separate alliance from the inception of the game and let Darrin know where my loyalties stood. Their membership can verify this in detail (and have, publically)

As for attacking anyone, I'm reserving that instinct for other games (I'm having too much fun exploring and building colonies and don't see the advantage of going on the offensive with my main position because of species design and for my other positions until I have fire control out the wazoo)

All-

Frankly -- who cares whether the PA-MMB or non-PA-MMB was involved against Justinian?

I'm not sure what Norm is trying to gain my disavowing his affiliation with MMB and I'm curious how Martin might respond to that (or other PA members that know better)

I don't see the (baffling) loss to Martin's fleet as an indicator that the PA 'suxxors' or whatever. In fact, if I were Justinian, I'd be bracing for another assault ASAP (and he's a good player so I'm sure he is!) The tech on the Eyre fleet was VERY impressive, if you ask me.

My deepest thanks for sharing this battle. The more smack/battle info we share, the more enriching the experience is for the slient masses who are busy working on Mk IV Jump Survey Sensors, colonies or NTWDs LOL :cheers:

Eternus,

Thats not quite how I remember it. I don't remember you being there at the inception of the PA, and I do remember you being in the PA for longer than one meeting. As I recall you had one empire in the PA and one in another alliance until it was decided that this was not appropriate.

Anyway, I was not suggesting that you have close ties with the PA. I was simply pointing out that the PA is not accountable for the actions of former members.

Normally I just lurk a little around here and try to ignore the misinformation. However, when Justinian refers to "toasting my buddies in Roman space", the "Phoenix Plan", and the amount of Phoenix Arisen space debris in his space, well its gets a little annoying. The PA is not involved in the war against Justinian, and if we were it would be over by now. Anyway, its clear from the combat reports that the Pirate does not need any help from the PA or anyone else in crushing Justinian. Its just a matter of time.

Spaceman

Brad was never a formal member. Almost was a time or two, but never was.

All you folks that like the role playing part of this game need to get the story right so you can keep your role playing accurate. It is not disavowing, simply clarifying.

Martin was a member of PA with his Colony empire, but never with his other 3 empires. When the Colony was transferred to another player Martin was removed from membership. What he does with the Eyre, etc. is, and always has been, up to him. His friendship with Mack has been known from the beginning and yes we risk him potentially using against us the info he gathered about us while he was a member. Its a risk we took and we can handle it if we made a poor choice, but we don;t think we did. Martin's a great guy, its the Eyre you have to look out for... and he needs no assistance from us.

<quibble alert>

You are surely making it your concern. Rome was attacked by a consortium of empires claiming affiliation with the PA--we have no reason to make up this claim. We do not seek your counsel, your approval, or your concern. The Allied forces simply report the current situation to the galaxy in general. We have been up front about our battles, both those we won and those we lost. Rome started this tradition from the very beginning of the war when our citizens could see enemy warships in the sky and we continue it today.

Do we take pride in the fact that the combined forces of the enemy have been unable to vanquish us? Of course. Do we wish the enemy would stop invading our territory? You bet. Will we roll over to those who thought us "low-hanging fruit", ready to be incorporated into other empires? Not a chance. Peace and mutual gain is just not in their (your) vocabulary.

Either the PA is the powerful group you are bragging about defeating in this last battle<From YOU NOT the PA>, OR devalued in alliance space to the point of being worthless<your statment again, not the PA;s>.

DUH, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Ahem...YES, the PA is powerful. And YES, the PA's word is crap. The two are not mutually exclusive phenomena. :rolleyes:

You appear to have a little cognitive dissonance occurring on your end.

If Eternus attacked Justinian, would the PA be blamed? I doubt it, even though Eternus was once an active member of the PA.

That's ridiculous! :rolleyes: We all know Eternus has far too much sense for that (not to mention his IQ is too high :blink: ).

Does Justinian have a death wish? He is barely able to cower in his home system and defend himself against the Pirate, yet still he seems to want to taunt the PA into attacking as well. Take care Justinian, you may just get what it is you seem to be asking for.

:D

Cower? Why Yes!...every chance we get when we're outgunned and technologically deficient to the enemy. And that's why we're so amazed to still be alive and kicking. Now that you mention it, Spaceman, if "cowering" destroys this magnitude of PA shipping, what does that say about the "other" guys? :blink:

**DESTROYED** AUXF Mother Ship (Fleet Auxiliary - 1,732,000 tons) [integrity: 12,487,000] [shields: 140,000] (Green, Timid)

10 Battle Imaging System, 200,000 Cordellium Composite, 45 Fuel Shuttle, 225,000 Fuel Tankage

2,000 Light Shaker Beam, 10 Mk I Computer System, 1,000 Mk I Repulsor CIDS, 200 Mk II Force Shield

20 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 30 Mk III Interceptor Missile, 1 Mk III Jump Survey Sensor, 5,200 Mk IV Nuclear Engine

1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive

Gravitonic: 5,280,000, Missile: 24,000

Maneuverability: 6.004, Point Defense: 1.154, Sensors: 0.005

**DESTROYED** CVVA Carrier Resupply (Attack Assault Carrier - 1,589,000 tons) [integrity: 1,527,000] (Green, Timid)

100 Fighter Bay, 70 Fuel Shuttle, 122,000 Fuel Tankage, 3,000 Mk I Antimatter Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive

100,000 Standard Hull Plate

Maneuverability: 15.103

**DESTROYED** FML Front Line (Fleet Minelayer - 2,629,600 tons) [integrity: 76,909,600] (Green, Timid)

370 Blaster CIDS, 7 Fuel Shuttle, 200,000 Fuel Tankage, 10 Light ESAP Beam, 9,500 Mauler Mine Rack

5 Mk II Jump Survey Sensor, 10 Mk II Long Lance Torpedo, 40 Mk III Interceptor Missile, 9,000 Mk IV Nuclear Engine

1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 500,000 Vananite Battle Armor

EnergyAbsorber: 6,600, Mines: 10,032,000, Missile: 60,000

Maneuverability: 6.845, Point Defense: 0.028

**DESTROYED** FML Mother Ship (Fleet Minelayer - 6,143,100 tons) [integrity: 378,073,100] (Green, Timid)

100,000 Cargo Bay, 80 Fuel Shuttle, 450,000 Fuel Tankage, 30,000 Mauler Mine Rack, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine

100 Mk IV Short Range Sensor, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 1 Troop Berthing, 2,500,000 Vananite Battle Armor

Mines: 31,680,001

Sensors: 0.032

**DESTROYED** AUXF Al Bakor (Fleet Auxiliary - 2,926,000 tons) [integrity: 401,655,000] (Green, Timid)

Friday, December 02, 2005 Roman Empire 760 Page 33 of 75

1,000 Cargo Bay, 250,000 Fuel Tankage, 5,000 Mk III Computer System, 4,500 Mk V Nuclear Engine

1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 1,000,000 Trizenium Flex Plate, 10 Troop Berthing, 6,000 X-Ray Laser Mine Rack

Mines: 10,560,000

Maneuverability: 6.151

**DESTROYED** DN Tuetonberg Forest (Dreadnaught - 11,725,000 tons) [integrity: 175,307,500] [shields: 4,800,000]

(Green, Timid)

10,000 6cm Gatling Gauss Gun CIDS, 200,000 Cargo Bay, 3,000,000 Cordellium Composite, 15,000 FCS-1 Archer Fire Control

200 Fighter Bay, 800,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Fusion transwarp drive, 1,000 Medium Graser, 10,000 Mk I Antimatter Engine

1,000 Mk III Deflector, 3,000 Mk III Force Shield

Coherent Beam: 45,760,001

Deflectors: 0.170, Maneuverability: 6.823, Point Defense: 0.341

**DESTROYED** DN Winged Death (Dreadnaught - 9,795,000 tons) [integrity: 216,315,000] [shields: 1,280,000] (Green,

Timid)

700,000 Cargo Bay, 3,500,000 Cordellium Composite, 4,000 FCS-1 Archer Fire Control, 250 Fuel Shuttle

1,000,000 Fuel Tankage, 2,000 Mk II Antimatter Engine, 400 Mk II Deflector, 9,000 Mk II Fusion Engine

800 Mk III Force Shield, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 800,000 Selenite Battle Weave, 200 Type A Plasma Torpedo

Plasma Torpedo: 21,120,001

Deflectors: 0.040, Maneuverability: 5.104

**DESTROYED** BB Screaming Pict (Battleship - 7,339,800 tons) [integrity: 2,000,000,000] (Green, Timid)

8 Fuel Shuttle, 600,000 Fuel Tankage, 4,000 Mk III Antimatter Engine, 2 Mk III Jump Survey Sensor

15,000 Mk VI Computer System, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 60 Siege Graser, 3,000,000 Tckon 68

Coherent Beam: 126,720,003

Maneuverability: 17.439

**DESTROYED** LTT Galaxy Transport Ship (Light Troop Transport - 287,100 tons) [integrity: 205,080] (Green, Timid)

2,000 Cargo Bay, 60,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk II Fusion Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 20 Troop Berthing

Maneuverability: 0.006

**DESTROYED** LTT Troop Bertha (Light Troop Transport - 371,100 tons) [integrity: 305,100] (Green, Timid)

46,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 30 Troop Berthing

**DESTROYED** [1st] COLL Pioneer (Large Colonial Transport - 439,100 tons) [integrity: 185,100] (Green, Timid)

34,000 Cargo Bay, 18 Colonial Berthing, 200,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive

You sure nailed the Allied spirit, Spaceman...cowering at every turn. <_<