Rolling Thunder Forums

RTG Christmas

Virmilyn

Hey I'd be happy if Santa came with a complete Naval Combat Document, revised rules or perhaps an working espionage system or religious system or any of the multitude of promising aspects of the game that are more fluff than substance right now.

/Locklyn

Yep, that trumps anything else. But in the mean time... better fluff anyone?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is this idea going to be left to die?

Support? Anyone?

"Out upon merry Christmas! What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer... If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!" - From A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess the answer to that long awaited question is now clear. :ninja:

We're coming up on the 4-year anniversary of the launch of SN:ROTE (wow!). We're very happy with how the game has grown,

and look forward to another great year. Santa comes early this year again, with a gift of some global research points to

every active empire! Expect him to show up at the CONCLUSION OF NEXT TURN, so SRP orders issued this turn and next won't be

affected....but after next turn your SRP choices might be important

Ah, one other thing - just to be totally clear, the Santa SRP's will be added at the end of the next turn cycle. That means after everything has been processed on the Sept 20 cycle, so they won't be there for the Sept 20 turns, but will be available for use on the turn following the Sept 20 cycle.

Just like with starting setups, if you have no points saved currently, the points would remain unused no matter what until you issue an SRP order, at which point they would be activated for use on items that would otherwise use saved points.

If you have some points still saved, the new points would be added to them and would therefore be activated immediately (whether or not you issue a new SRP). In any event the points won't appear for use on Sept 20, but will be there for the following turn.

All of this is exactly the same way it's worked each year - no change :cheers: