Rolling Thunder Forums

The Evil Ones have Returned

Zeus

Sorry, I haven't been to the forum as much as in the past (RL you know) but looks like things are heating up.

For the Record, the Sabeli Ecok are only at war with the Bovine Hegemony and that is really just a supply and demand issue.... :thumbsup:

At the moment, I am at peace with all of my active neighbors. :)

Still building StarBars, anybody need one in your vicinity??? :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

The Dropped Positions post by Kurassier was a eye opener. B)

Is GGT really a nexus for several other empires? Slaves whos sole purpose is to research specialized branches of the techtree to suply ship components that GGT combines into large fleets used to attack other peaceful players? Is this why 99% of the ships attacking Hellenic are GGT ships? B) Is this what a galactic superhighway is designed for? Transporting the output of the Vietarmis groups combined industry to suply the galactic superhighway builders with shiny toys to play with? Where will it end? :) How will it end? :)

"Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?"

The Dropped Positions post by Kurassier was a eye opener.  B)

Is GGT really a nexus for several other empires?  Slaves whos sole purpose is to research specialized branches of the techtree to suply ship components that GGT combines into large fleets used to attack other peaceful players?  Is this why 99% of the ships attacking Hellenic are GGT ships? B)  Is this what a galactic superhighway is designed for?  Transporting the output of the Vietarmis groups combined industry to suply the galactic superhighway builders with shiny toys to play with?  Where will it end? :)  How will it end? :)

"Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?"

Ouch

*SIGH*

We've been blessed/cursed by being in an area where a lot of players seem to have given up on the game, hence we've been able to conquer a lot of drops which is why we're able to field capable fleets. The VC Empires are NOT funneling all their resources into the GGT, the GGT is quite capable of handling our own resource requirements and the sole exception is the building of SWC which since all allies can use is a matter for the whole alliance to finance. I find it both funny and tiresome that Virmilyn and Joodukos are constantly trying to stir up trouble with Empires the GGT encounter which leads us to believe they are in fact Empires we are in conflict with.

/Locklyn

*SIGH*

We've been blessed/cursed by being in an area where a lot of players seem to have given up on the game, hence we've been able to conquer a lot of drops which is why we're able to field capable fleets. The VC Empires are NOT funneling all their resources into the GGT, the GGT is quite capable of handling our own resource requirements and the sole exception is the building of SWC which since all allies can use is a matter for the whole alliance to finance. I find it both funny and tiresome that Virmilyn and Joodukos are constantly trying to stir up trouble with Empires the GGT encounter which leads us to believe they are in fact Empires we are in conflict with.

/Locklyn

Now thats just mean.

The only trouble I've stirred up is over game play rules.

I certianly do not need a pen name to call a basket of fruit rotten, if need be.

If posting times that are close together, on probably the buisiest board night, turn night, leads you to that conclusion. You need to hone your power of deduction.

Virmilyn,

I apologise. I shouldn't lump you together with Jodookus, it instictively looked like you were adding things to the pot as it were I was wrong and I apologise sincerely!

/Locklyn

AKO,

I am also at war with Eyre, Goauld, Tentacles closest ally and co conspirator the Hellenic League.

I have as I've stated earlier no intention of going to war with any of those trading with or working with the Hellenic League unless they decide to make the Hellenes cause their own.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Virmilyn,

I apologise. I shouldn't lump you together with Jodookus, it instictively looked like you were adding things to the pot as it were I was wrong and I apologise sincerely!

/Locklyn

Cool.

Thanks.

I can respect a man that can admit his mistakes.

If you are ever on my side of the galaxy, look me up, I'm in the book.

We'll have drinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Latest Report from the the Helenes, in their HW besieged by the GGT :rolleyes:

-----------------

Aries burst into the room, “Zeus, we did it we have started to expel the invaders!”

“What!”, exclaimed Zeus. “What is that?”.

“Our offensive has started, for Operation Extract the Scum”, said Aries.

“We have had some success and won a battle against the enemy, well sort of”, said Aries.

“What do you mean sort of”, asked Zeus?

“Well”, began Aries, “we were successful in eliminating the fleet at a warp point. And we were successful in getting a fleet to one of our colony worlds, but the scum have consolidated their fleets and moved back to the warp point, retaking it. And our colony world no longer has a colony. The GGT “Peace Lovers” had used weapons of mass destruction, the nuked the poor defenseless colony. We found 1 survivor, he told of how the GGT enslaved all colonists and forced them to build ships for their fleets and if you didn’t work hard enough they killed you. Then all of a sudden the little green men left. Luckily for the boy he was close to the bomb shelter and as the first wave hit he managed to make it in, but he was buried by the blast deep underground and it was our rescue teams that were able to dig him out. He begged to be admitted into the Naval War academy early so he could train for a warship to go and kill these GGT scum”.

“ARIES, calm down, as our former ally suggested perhaps they are not evil and scum, they just have a different perspective of events”, suggested Zeus.

“What, brother you think they are schizophrenic and are normal good peaceful green things, but the psychotic backstabbing, genocidal part has emerged by accident??? Well I have some medicine to help out with that part” said Aries. “How can you even think about giving them an iota a respect or political correctness after they bombed a colony into oblivion!. Come on they lied to us the entire time and bided their time to stab us in the back and you still want to show them some respect, they deserve nothing, but contempt for their evil ways.”

Zeus, sighed, “Perhaps you are right Aries, perhaps I am to softhearted. It breaks my heart to thing of all those people, men, woman, mother and fathers along with their children and babies who will never have a chance to grow up. It is sort of ironic that they accused us of using WMD, but it is their fleets that carry tons and have less now. I think they have probable bombed all our colonies into dust, perhaps we shall find more survivors.”

“I know brother you look for the good side in everything, but there is none in the GGT and their slave race BOB. We must do what we can to stop then in their Galactic domination conquest. I know the Hellenes will fight to the last drop of their blood to defeat these genocidal maniacs.”

“Well Aries what do we do next, have you seen the next generation of warship they brought in? Look at the weaponry, bridge controls and defenses on that beast. What are we to do now?”

“Don’t worry brother we are preparing to attempt to drive then from out home system.”

-------------------

And thus continues the saga of the Helenes. More shall come so pull up a chair and a nice cold one. :cheers:

At the risk of being inciteful :D .

Zeus and Ares you shouldn't get too geeked at a repeling the GGT. According to Locklyn's recent post he is considering the "Shiva Option". The Shiva Option is pretty much the end of all life in the system in question :nuke: . I have a pretty fair idea that there is a MDD out there that is so powerful it can destroy an entire system.

Wonder why someone would develop MDD tech to such a high level as to be able to destroy an entire star system. :rolleyes:

That does not sound like the work of a peace loving civilization looking to coexist peacefully with it's neighbors. :cheers::alien:

Sounds more like the work of a race bent on galactic control and domination. :pirate2:

What say you?