Rolling Thunder Forums

Help!?

heavyB

That would be nice.  I would finally get to use that stockpile of improved timber, talking millions here, that was at a recently aquired planet.  Otherwise it is just staring me in the face reminding me how much waste it is.

:D

I'm trying to figure out where the 32 imperial flags came from on one of my conquests.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice.  I would finally get to use that stockpile of improved timber, talking millions here, that was at a recently aquired planet.  Otherwise it is just staring me in the face reminding me how much waste it is.

:P

I'm trying to figure out where the 32 imperial flags came from on one of my conquests.

32 empires? :D

I recall that in the very beginning we did not know that you didn't need to make imperial flags so many of us made a batch of them. They then became quickly superfulous.

I would love to send useless stuff to an advanced neutral, if I could only find one that was a few 1000 pop to make it all worth while. dreams....

:D:pirate2::P

• 2 months later...

And now for a totally different newbie question that is not worth it's own topic.

The "X" orders are not explained in anything that I have found. How do I change one, in particular a XCTRN order? Do I just issue a new one with the same priority and it overrides the existing one? By extension can I delete a trainning order by just reissuing it with quantity zero?

Thanks for the help.

And now for a totally different newbie question that is not worth it's own topic.

The "X" orders are not explained in anything that I have found.  How do I change one, in particular a XCTRN order?  Do I just issue a new one with the same priority and it overrides the existing one?  By extension can I delete a trainning  order by just reissuing it with quantity zero? 

Thanks for the help.

In order to change an X order, you delete the old one with DELS and then ixxue it with the new information. As far as I know you cannot change the priority of the order, they are automatically assigned. Convoy routes on the other hand can have their priority changed with the ECNV order.

Any reason why an EB Qty 0 order wouldn't do the same thing as the DELS order? Or have I got to go in and do some order editing!?

.....and while I'm here....

If a ship is at a Gas Giant's moon, does it only skim the moon's atmosphere or does it send the shuttle off to the Gas Giant? (I'm indulging in some wishful thinking here).

Any reason why an EB Qty 0 order wouldn't do the same thing as the DELS order? Or have I got to go in and do some order editing!?

.....and while I'm here....

If a ship is at a Gas Giant's moon, does it only skim the moon's atmosphere or does it send the shuttle off to the Gas Giant? (I'm indulging in some wishful thinking here).

Erm, well ... my understanding is that an order of format

- EB: 0, any valid item, POP GROUP ID, PRIORITY,N

will delete the entry with that PRIORITY from the build queue of that POP GROUP ID.

Whereas an order of format

- DELS: PRIORITY a, PRIORITY b, PRIORITY c, PRIORITY d, PRIORITY e

will delete those Standing Orders (eg, XLFE, XEXPL, OC, etc) that have priorities set to PRIORITY a, PRIORITY b, PRIORITY c, PRIORITY d, PRIORITY e.

As for the SKIM order -- it will work on the body that you ship is at, so if your ship is at the Gas Giant then it will skim the Gas Giant , but if it is at a Gas Giant's moon then it will skim the moon.

I hope this helps!

Len

Empire 4710

The Bush Administration

EB orders only affect production, DELS orders are used to delete standing orders, since they affect different types of orders you wouldn't be able to use one instead of the other.

When your fleet does a skim order, it will skim from whatever world it orbits, if your fleet is orbiting a gas giant then it will skim from the gas giant producing 200 fuel per fuel shuttle per action. Should it however be orbiting one of the gas giants moons then the result will depend mainly on the atmosphere, but it will also depend on the ocean type. Regardless you will not get as much as a gas giant would provide, the exact numbers are on one of the stickys around here. :cheers:

Sir Smeg

:beer:

OK, next problem - what am I doing wrong wrong here?

I do my NUD

I order ships to be built

I look at the end result and I have a bunch of ships with no fuel in them despite having sufficient in stocks

Am I supposed to be adding the fuel as a ship building component? Sounds pretty illogical if so.

Assuming the illogical (to me) to be fact, how then do I now transfer fuel from my stocks to my empty fuel tankage? The resupply order looks like a fleet order. Is fuel loaded as cargo, or is there some way of doing a transfer from the pop group instead of a fleet?

Currently, neither is obvious to my frustrated senses and I don't want to end up wasting a full turn if I guess at the wrong one.

Any help on this seemingly dumb problem would be appreciated.