Rolling Thunder Forums

Help!?

heavyB

Fuel is cargo, but it isn't stored in Cargo Bays, it is stored in Fuel Tankage. The same way that ground divisions are stored in Troup Berthings and drones are stored in Drone Racks. You load all of them with the LC order.

If you have a fleet stationed at your home world on SUPP duty, then it will fuel up ships as they are built. And you keep the fleet on SUPP duty fueled up with XLC and/or XSKIM orders.

XOC fleet popgroup fuel x

XSKIM

XSKIM

XLC popgroup fleet fuel 999,999,999

You can build up a surplus of fuel in the inventory of your HW pop group. Set the value of x to whatever you feel is appropriate, and the number of XSKIM commands equal to the action points of the fleet.

Also, the fleet that is on SUPP duty can’t be on a Convoy Route.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just made my first major mistake (Has anybody else ever made one of those?) and constructed a large intersystem colonizing ship that does not have enough fuel tankage to make even one warp jump -- looks like I will have to scrap it and build a new one with a larger gas tank.

My question concerns scrapping -- there is no priority on the order. Will work on a scraped ship take place only when all construction (with a priority) is done or will it override building efforts introduced at the same or a later time? I'd like to arrange it so scrapping happens at the equivalent of a 999999 priority but not sure how I accomplish this.

Thanks for the help.

Tiger IIth

I just made my first major mistake (Has anybody else ever made one of those?) and constructed a large intersystem colonizing ship that does not have enough fuel tankage to make even one warp jump -- looks like I will have to scrap it and build a new one with a larger gas tank.

My question concerns scrapping -- there is no priority on the order. Will work on a scraped ship take place only when all construction (with a priority) is done or will it override building efforts introduced at the same or a later time? I'd like to arrange it so scrapping happens at the equivalent of a 999999 priority but not sure how I accomplish this.

Thanks for the help.

Tiger IIth

Not that I have ever made that particular mistake :beer:

But if I had, then might be able to offer an alternative solution to your problem.

(Like for instance, build a tanker to travel along with your colonial liner.)

Sort of wish I did make mistakes, so that I would have the experience to help you out on this one.

TErnest

Tiger,

Good question about prioritization of scrapping. I wish I could help you with an answer but I myself don't know, though I think that builds take precedence over scrap orders (can you tell I've not done much building and scrapping in the same turn?).

However, I can help you with your problem of lack of fuel tanks. All you need to do is to build a "tanker" ship to accompany the colony ship. Put the tanker ship in the same fleet as the colony ship. When you issue a WARP order, fuel availability is NOT calculated on a per ship basis. Rather it is calculated based on the fuel available to the entire fleet. Theoretically you can build one ship with zero fuel tanks and a second ship with a majority fuel tanks. Put them in the same fleet and boom, you are good. However, you have to make sure that ALL ships in a fleet have a warp engine. If you forget to put a warp engine on even one ship in a fleet, you cannot successfully warp that fleet.

Hope that helps.

I've only scrapped some ships when the shipyard queue was still full from the previous turn once. The scrapped ships were added to the end of the queue.

That same turn I issued several SHIP orders at a lower priority than those already in queue. The new orders built first as expected.

• 4 weeks later...

And now for a totally different "Help" topic -- the interaction of a convoy route and an "AC" order.

I have a convoy route from (H)omeworld to ©olony in the same system so it runs a complete cycle in one turn. If a ship on the route starts at the Homeworld can I issue a AC to load a character on to it and then another AC to unload onto the colony world or does AC only operate at the beginning of the turn?

If I can't issue the orders in the same turn, can I ussue an AC to laod the character on turn one and have him remain on the fleet and then issue an order on turn two for him to unload at the colony world (even if he begins the turn on board at the Homeworld)?

Thanks for the help

TigerIIth

My sense of fashion is based primarily on what does not itch.

And now for a totally different "Help" topic -- the interaction of a convoy route and an "AC" order.

I have a convoy route from (H)omeworld to ©olony in the same system so it runs a complete cycle in one turn. If a ship on the route starts at the Homeworld can I issue a AC to load a character on to it and then another AC to unload onto the colony world or does AC only operate at the beginning of the turn?

If I can't issue the orders in the same turn, can I ussue an AC to laod the character on turn one and have him remain on the fleet and then issue an order on turn two for him to unload at the colony world (even if he begins the turn on board at the Homeworld)?

Thanks for the help

TigerIIth

Here is the order in which the turn is executed.

Orders issued for the turn

Standing Orders

Convoy Routes

Power Generation

Shipyards

Fuel Refineries

Resource Extraction

Stripmining Complexes

Industrial Complexes

Other

Therefore whereever in your turn order you have placed the AC order is where it will be executed and then later on the Convoy Route will execute. So your first proposal will not work.

If the Convoy Route does not end at the destination then you will have to move your fleet back to that point before issuing the AC oder on the following turn.

Hope this helps clarify your question.

Thanks for the help

TigerIIth

Tigeriith,

A few points to ponder further on your initial question:

:cheers: I am not certain, off the top of my head, if AC is even allowed in convoy routes.

:D But even if it is, characters must be refered to explicitly by character number. So, any such convoy route would just try to move the same character, over and over again.

<_< You mention that this activity is all strict in-system. That means that you can freely move all the characters you want, not moving any ships at all, with or without convoy routes. An AC order can move a character to any location in the same system! (Using his own private yacht.)

:P

TErnest

<_< You mention that this activity is all strict in-system. That means that you can freely move all the characters you want, not moving any ships at all, with or without convoy routes. An AC order can move a character to any location in the same system! (Using his own private yacht.)

:D

TErnest

It works fine for transporting them directly to systems or fleets outside the system he or she (edit: Sorry, forgot to mention: or it) is currently in as well. It makes cracking those just too though warp points a lot easier, just to name a practical use.

Didn't the shipyard crews inform you that they refitted the private yachts with TWD's during the last checkup?

I was under the impression this was common knowledge? Ah well, it is now.

Calamaran.

Thanks for the information -- I missed the yacht in the rules but that is definitely what I need for my particular case. (My characters feel even more legendary now knowing they have a local Yacht at their disposal. Did I also miss a rule about a secluded tropical island inhabited by friendly primatives?)

Tiger IIth

Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes.

There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.

Come to think of it... Will it be possible to plant an agent directly onto a world someone else controls? That would be too easy, wouldn't it.

Pete? Care to comment on this one?

Calamaran.

A WORLD is not owned by anyone, only a pop seg. Nothing stopping it, in fact, thats likely the intentional use of such characters.

Now once Pete makes your Martial Artists REAL ninja types who can assassinate your lazy characters that will not leave homeworld....

• 3 weeks later...

Jump Survey Sensors not Jump Survey Sensoring - just how many :cheers: MkII Jump Survey Sensors does it take to crack a Type E WP? 45 of the :drunk: things still failed (the Ship Design spreadsheet suggested that 30 would be enough - :beer: yeah, I know thats not definitive, but c'mon! That was a 50% markup!)