Rolling Thunder Forums

Intersting Type Systems

Prospective

I have encountered one system with a Type K (Orange) star with only an asteroid field in orbit 1 (and nothing else). I also have a a Type R (Orange-Red) with two Gas Giants, no moons, and nothing else.

Various encountered warp nexus include a Black Hole (with an E class WP at 0.3 AU, well within the 96.3 AU gravity well of potential doom, a place I have yet to try out), two Supernova systems, half a dozen White Dwarfs, and, an "X" type (X-Ray Binary) that is located in a Trinary system.

Various encountered warp nexus include a Black Hole (with an E class WP at 0.3 AU, well within the 96.3 AU gravity well of potential doom, a place I have yet to try out

Go ahead. I have a 2AP ship at the warp point inside the gravity well of the Carneades black hole. Its a 5Kton ship with a Mk I Nuclear Engine. It has been setting there for many turns.

Various encountered warp nexus include a Black Hole (with an E class WP at 0.3 AU, well within the 96.3 AU gravity well of potential doom, a place I have yet to try out

Go ahead. I have a 2AP ship at the warp point inside the gravity well of the Carneades black hole. Its a 5Kton ship with a Mk I Nuclear Engine. It has been setting there for many turns.

Or is it becuase they believe they just arrived at that location and have no way of detecting the passage of time past the gravity well... :D

Or is it becuase they believe they just arrived at that location and have no way of detecting the passage of time past the gravity well... :D

Maybe all your seeing is the after image of the ship sitting there, those last fleeting photons of light slowly escaping from the gravity over time .. when the realith is the ship has been sucked into oblivion.

Oh, and I just ran into a Type II Cephid Varible star (CW) . Nexus of course.

Well, I was able to GEO 3 of 5 orbits this last turn... and frankly there was nothing exceptional found. In fact, the inner asteroids were rather light on iron, 330 and 403 respectively. The third orbit had 563 iron which while respectable, isn't that exceptional. So, perhaps this system is not too interesting, or at least not as interesting as I had hoped.

O well.