Rolling Thunder Forums

Total Conversion engines?

Bovine Hegemony

I think that your skeptism is probably well founded. Think about this. We know that

Mk1 Nuclear Engine output = 300

Mk2 NE ouptut = 500

Mk3 NE output = 1000

Mk1 Fusion Engine output = 1000

Mk2 FE output = 2000

Mk3 FE output = 4000

Mk1 Antimatter Engine output = 8000

Mk2 AE output =16000

Mk3 AE output =32000

Mk4 AE output should be 64000, assuming that the trend continues.

This would make me think that the first Total Conversion Engine would either be 64000 or 128000 output. I think that an output of 256000 seems a bit high.

If you recall from the past, CAO CAO the Nice Guy also posted something about a Spinal Attack Boat, or some such nonsense. I doubted that and I also doubt that anything provided here is true.

Basically, assume that you still don't know the Pre-req's for these engines.

Something about the engine description seems wrong. Almost everything built takes in 500 tons of materials to produce 100 tons of item. For example, the Mk III Antimatter engines take in 200 Advanced Steel; 100 Advanced Electronics; 100 Advanced Synthetic Materials; 100 Advanced Processed Radioactives .. and produces a 100 ton engine. 500 to 100 .. a 5 to 1 ratio. This is one of the most consistent build ratios in the game (except when Pete makes mistakes or is being very clever in the design).

Another example is the Fusion Transwarp Drive, using 25 Mk I Fusion Jump Drive; 250 Mk II Force Shield; 25,000 Advanced Fuel; 25,000 Improved Electronics; 25,000 Improved Synthetic Materials to produce one 25,000 ton FTWD. I remember when I found the first FTWD on a Neutral and did the ANZ to discover it used 250 Mk I Fusion Jump Drives. Which at 1,000 tons put the formula way out of whack. When pointed out to Pete, he said coding behind the scenes used 25 and the description was wrong and corrected it.

My point is a 1000 ton engine from 1000 tons of materials, producing 2,560,000 thrust .. it just doesn't sound right. Still, with the way Pete occasionally does things, anything is possible. For example, when I asked why Mk II Matter Transporter and Mk I Personnel Transporter are classified as "Colonial Berthing", his response was "You’d think they should be Horizon Techs…but they need to be rated as Colonial Berthing for…various reasons. A somewhat unusual line of tech advancement :D ". Ahh, good old Pete. <_<

I could have sworn Gravitic engine tech was in there somewhere...

(Coy cat look) <_<

-Sha'thar

Gravitic engines require Advanced Textiles and Coal + MK IV Antimatter and some other components!

Advanced Textiles AND Advanced Coal? So will my gravitic starships have Advanced Sails or Advanced Steam Engines? :D

I could have sworn Gravitic engine tech was in there somewhere...

(Coy cat look) <_<

-Sha'thar

Gravitic engines require Advanced Textiles and Coal + MK IV Antimatter and some other components!

Advanced Textiles AND Advanced Coal? So will my gravitic starships have Advanced Sails or Advanced Steam Engines? :D

Not sure about that. But completing the horizon tech Transdimensional Shifter along with the item Type A Field Distorters opened up Mk I Oars for me. Uses 1 Trooper, 1 Type A Field Distorter, 20,000 Advanced Construction Materials, 20,000 Advanced Electronics, 20,000 Advanced Synthetics, and 20,000 Advanced Transaluminum to produce a 20,000 ton Mk I Oars. Sure it's bulky. But wow, what a sight.

while not a true engine..my lovely new Total Conversion Transwarp Drives are nice and all the blinking lights and no risk of exploding have made them a safe energy source for my HW Mk IV 'Frozen Drink' blender tech.

Oh and they are not that tought to get to...which was sort of disapointing.

Lord SaHeru

Just to cut through all the misinformation about Total Conversion Engines.

Mk I Total Conversion Engines require the following as prereqs:

Mk IV Antimatter Engine, Mk II Phase Converters, Fanatical Population, 100 'prayers' of Archbishop or higher, and Mk III Cattle Prod (religious thing....)

Once Total Conversion engines are built and installed on a warship, the ship is totally converted to the respective deity that was prayed to.

The more you pray, the more power is given to your engines.

This Total Conversion incorporates the religious aspect of the game engine. Enjoy!!! :D<_<:D

and Bovines, you can move as fast as you want, but we can still catch you!!

McBovine burger anyone???

:D

Mk IV Antimatter Engine, Mk II Phase Converters, Fanatical Population, 100 'prayers' of Archbishop or higher, and Mk III Cattle Prod (religious thing....)

Once Total Conversion engines are built and installed on a warship, the ship is totally converted to the respective deity that was prayed to.

This Total Conversion incorporates the religious aspect of the game engine. Enjoy!!! :D<_<:D

:D

So, which engines produce more thrust .. Mk I Total Conversion Engines or Mk I Distilleries? Or were the Mk I Distilleries a horizon tech leading to some type of engine performance boost? I get confused. :D

So, which engines produce more thrust .. Mk I Total Conversion Engines or Mk I Distilleries? Or were the Mk I Distilleries a horizon tech leading to some type of engine performance boost? I get confused. <_<

I think you are confusing is with prerequisites for Advanced Biofuel.

(1 ton refined from 3 tons of Grains)

Simultaneously powers your Transwarp Drives and improves ship's moral!

TErnest

This Total Conversion incorporates the religious aspect of the game engine. Enjoy!!! :cheers::joker::blink:

:cheers:

This news is very reassuring. Now I know why the religous types have been spending so much time in the Grand Cathedrals, distracting the population (especially the scientists). A blending of science and religion! Oh, the wars this will generate......

Need one other detail. How many Fanatics are consumed per use of the engines? Need to consider how many to get to 'volunteer'.

Octus Imperium