Rolling Thunder Forums

Bored.

Lord Uriel

I'd like to say the I am disappointed in MDD's. Mass Destruction my tentacle. Drop 3000 thermo-atomic bombs (rated fair in game) on modern day Earth, and you can kiss the planet goodbye. Drop 3000 Fusion bombs (rated Adequate in game) on a HW .. and the POP puts on sunscreen and sits on their lawns watching the amazing light show. Maybe it kills off a few hundred or so. But that's it. Might as well call them MWCS's (Mass Wastes of Cargo Space). I know, I know, it's a game balance issue. Don't want someone dropping 30,000 tons worth of a "Fair" rated MDD and wiping another player out (realistic as that might be --- they are called MDD's for nothing you know). So they've been pretty weakened ... to point of being useless. Plus they have no effects on troops on the planet. Not even sure why the dang things are in the game being as useless as they are. Maybe when I reach the level of NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers, I'll actually see some impact. But until then .. BAH!

I'd like to say the I am disappointed in MDD's. Mass Destruction my tentacle. Drop 3000 thermo-atomic bombs (rated fair in game) on modern day Earth, and you can kiss the planet goodbye. Drop 3000 Fusion bombs (rated Adequate in game) on a HW .. and the POP puts on sunscreen and sits on their lawns watching the amazing light show. Maybe it kills off a few hundred or so. But that's it. Might as well call them MWCS's (Mass Wastes of Cargo Space). I know, I know, it's a game balance issue. Don't want someone dropping 30,000 tons worth of a "Fair" rated MDD and wiping another player out (realistic as that might be --- they are called MDD's for nothing you know). So they've been pretty weakened ... to point of being useless. Plus they have no effects on troops on the planet. Not even sure why the dang things are in the game being as useless as they are. Maybe when I reach the level of NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers, I'll actually see some impact. But until then .. BAH!

*boggle* They don't affect troops??? :(

*boggle* They don't affect troops??? :(

I believe troops take much less damage from MDDs than does your regular population. Being in the military, your soldiers get a slightly earlier warning so they can Duck and Cover in time and they get bunkers and radiation suits.

Random thoughts:

Maybe racial design comes into play for this type of attack? If you dropped MDDs on a species that was quite hardy (regeneration, for example), perhaps that makes your MDDs less effective.

Second thought. A species which has developed the ability to discover warp points and the ability to travel through them perhaps has some tech (which would be everyone) that makes them slightly less vulnerable to MDDs. Something covered in 1st Generation Life Science not even worth mentioning?

Last thought, perhaps the horizen tech "Hardened Installation Construction" provides defense against MDDs?

That's it. End of scheduled random thoughts.

Lord Uriel

As per the other thoughts. Perhaps they have the shields in place? Don't know what impact those things may have, the ANZ is not exactly glowing with praise about their abilities.

Octus

INST: Planetary Shield Generator

Planetary Shield Generator: Planetary Shield Generators are tremendous shield generation facilities that provide bubbles of protection over key surface targets. This can make orbital bombardment

missions by enemy warships much more difficult, since alien ships can have difficulty

overcoming the high powered land-based shield generators. An on-site power plant

stationed within the PSG umbrella provides ongoing power for the facility.

Production requirements: 5,000,000 Advanced Construction Materials

Consumes: <nothing>

And another thing. Here I am enjoying a nice task force run in City of Heros (On-line RPG), when we are given the mission to "Defeat Mad Martin and his crew". Locating "Mad Martin" deep in the sewers (where he was hiding, no surprise) and pounding him into paste was enjoyable. But I must protest in the strongest fashion his invasion of my other gaming fun. Bad enough that he's riding the WP's of space and looting planets. But attempting go into another game and steal advanced weapons tech for other uses .. now that's going to far. :(