Rolling Thunder Forums

CHABs & CLABs

the Wolf

And considering the fact that CLAB/CHAB are considered SW/LW, wouldn't the Naval Gunnery training program give you a modifier when attacking a port city with a CB?

Donald,

The training program "Naval Gunnery" is not factored is a combat against coastal batteries... Perhaps the training program "Coastal Bombardment" is, but I will have to look into that...

Hope this helps,

Norbert

This is entirely not true, here's the definition of the Naval Gunnery training program, copy/paste from the rulebook:

Naval Gunnery

+.01 Special Combat Modifier per level. Applied as a bonus to hit in naval combat and coastal engagements (ship vs coastal artillery units).

Hamish,

If this is true, as you state, than I should see the combat modifier as a bonus in a battle report... I do not see this, therefore my statement that "naval gunnery" is not factored in a battle against coastal batteries...

But, the rules state that this training program is added...

Strange!?!

Can forts be destroyed by a CB when build in a port?

Donald,

Fortifications in (port)cities can not be targetted in an attack. A ground-assault is the only way to eliminate an enemy fort...

This is not entirely true. You cannot target the city fortifications directly, but they are part of your targets when you use General Targets.

City fortifications are not part of fixed defences... Fixed defences are LDB, CLAB, CHAB, HAA, LAA...

Hope this helps,

Norbert

If this is true, as you state, than I should see the combat modifier as a bonus in a battle report... I do not see this, therefore my statement that "naval gunnery" is not factored in a battle against coastal batteries...

Strange!?!

Hmmm, sounds like a valid argument, but maybe it just doesn't show on your reports. Maybe Russ can help us out here.....

City fortifications are not part of fixed defences... Fixed defences are LDB, CLAB, CHAB, HAA, LAA...

Hmmm, also a good point. Again, I think we need Russ to settle it for us...

Strange!?!

Hmmm, sounds like a valid argument, but maybe it just doesn't show on your reports. Maybe Russ can help us out here.....

Hmmm, also a good point. Again, I think we need Russ to settle it for us...

Hi Guys,

The naval gunnery training program would be a factor in the ship vs batteries gunnery portion - there is a coastal bombardment training program that would affect the bombardment portion.

Fortifications are not considered part of 'fixed defenses". City fortifications cannot be targeted in a strategic/coastal bombardment - provincial fortifications can if you use the Provincial Fortifications target key and the target location is the province.

Russ

Hi Guys,

The naval gunnery training program would be a factor in the ship vs batteries gunnery portion - there is a coastal bombardment training program that would affect the bombardment portion.

Fortifications are not considered part of 'fixed defenses". City fortifications cannot be targeted in a strategic/coastal bombardment - provincial fortifications can if you use the Provincial Fortifications target key and the target location is the province.

Russ

Russ,

Thanks for the clarification on the issues.

Still it is strange that the NG program does not show in the battlereport...

Norbert