Rolling Thunder Forums

Convoy Confusion

Breoghan

Obviously you never did that mistake, as it does not help to be at end of orders.

As the standing orders get put into the convoy rout, if you forget to close it with a matching CNVR :beer:

Did it once, and Pete sorted that out for me. (Thanks Pete).

I wish I had never made the mistake. All those standing orders are painful, but messing up a whole turn worth of orders makes the error particularly painful. So the obvious conclusion is that some people jump to conclusions.

Octus :beer:

Consider yourself fortunate if you have only messed up once or twice.

I found one set of errors particularly interesting. On one turn I attemped to create/extend 4 or 5 CR's. The second one was left open so each following set of orders was reversed from what it was supposed to be. In addition I had all my other orders, normally about 80-120 worth, mixed in with the convoy route orders.

This all happened on the "holiday" turn that I finally got around to doing, about 400 orders total to get all the convoy routes into shape.

After Pete fixed a few of the things that he could fix it only required 4 turn cycles to get everything else back to where it was when I started, except for a few fleets that needed rescue due to fuel shortages.

:D:jawdrop:

If a fleet doesn't finish a convoy route as expected, it's usually because it executed a standing order or an issued order and used up action points. Sometimes a slower ship is transferred in and that messes things up. Trigger a search in adobe for any instance of the fleet number up until the convoy route execution phase - that generally reveals the problem.

If a fleet doesn't finish a convoy route as expected, it's usually because it executed a standing order or an issued order and used up action points. Sometimes a slower ship is transferred in and that messes things up. Trigger a search in adobe for any instance of the fleet number up until the convoy route execution phase - that generally reveals the problem.

Just before I sent off a blistering email to Pete about how my convoy routes were only being partially executed, I thought about this very thing. Orders issued to the fleets in question used up AP's before the convoy route execution. Saved much face by deleting that (embarrassing) email.....

Octus

Just before I sent off a blistering email to Pete about how my convoy routes were only being partially executed, I thought about this very thing. Orders issued to the fleets in question used up AP's before the convoy route execution. Saved much face by deleting that (embarrassing) email.....

Octus

A good rule to follow. I have found that every time there was an error on a turn, it was my error.