Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings Kom-Ka Federation (2165) 'Sun Touching Three Worlds With

Flagritz

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 3:1 should always win out. Pretty low, to brag about that.

hmmm.... there was me thinking I was doing a good thing by sharing sensitive information to help those players who might not have had much game and/or combat experience. I was pretty sure their was a cry out for more postings on the wars going on?

It seems my attempt to give something back to the community has back fired, I had not intended it to be viewed as ‘bragging’ or ‘muscle flexing’ if anything I have provided my neighbours with more then enough information to counter my forces.

From the private and public messages received I think I would advise others to not bother posting their conflicts in the future.

One on one conflicts my be interesting, but 3 on 1 would only be interesting when the one prevails :cheers:

And the bragging you did while telling the KomKa what they could have done better. With only the resources of one HW and no allies, you simply cannot do much

against the might of three empires working closely together.

If he had staged or build his screens and Forts better, if would not have changed much in the battle.

If he had build other troop types he might not have faired better, just beacause he had simply not the numbers.

hmmm.... there was me thinking I was doing a good thing by sharing sensitive information to help those players who might not have had much game and/or combat experience. I was pretty sure their was a cry out for more postings on the wars going on?

It seems my attempt to give something back to the community has back fired, I had not intended it to be viewed as ‘bragging’ or ‘muscle flexing’ if anything I have provided my neighbours with more then enough information to counter my forces.

From the private and public messages received I think I would advise others to not bother posting their conflicts in the future.

Please don't take that position. :drunk:

While I find some of these reports tedious and time consuming, be assured that if I ever learn how to decypher the tons of data it will make me a better companion in the game. :D

Although; adding some armor to the hull plating might be in order. :cheers:

Flagritz,

Pay no mind to the negative comments and congrats on your victory :cheers: . As we all know, this game tremendously favors an empire on the defense. Even though you had numerical advantages, if Kom Ka had played with any level of competence, he should have been able to hold you off for quite a while. At a minimum, he SHOULD have made your victory much more difficult.

Well played and thanks for sharing information, so many out there don't.

1) This is a wargame - we're supposed to enjoy winning the battles. That gives the winner 'bragging rights', as the term goes.

2) PC rules don't apply in wargames. We aren't supposed to try and make things as even as possible before attacking. As in real life, the object is to win with as few casualties as is possible - not to give the opponent a fullsome experience.

3) I for one am grateful to ANYone who posts their battle reports as it helps me learn the game mechanics.

As for the Kom Ka not speaking clearly - I too had contact with him (I even located his HW fairly recently - I think my scouting fleet was leaving stage left through one WP while the warfleets of Flagritz were arriving stage right, in fact). I understood, after thinking about it for a few nanoseconds, that he wasn't trying to be a smart-ass with the difficult to understand responses. He was simply role-playing the to-be-expected communications difficulties that would be the natural outcome of disparate stellar races meeting for the first time, and staying true to the role-play (OK, I'm stating the obvious - but that gets it out ofthe way). When I emailed him and asked for clear discussion, he was happy to go along with the request. He seemed like a decent guy, so I hope HE got something out of Flagritz's analysis of the events and will try again.

You never truly learn something until you have failed at least once (ie you'll never know, when you win first time, if your success was only partial or if it was perfect). And stating the obvious again, there is no such thing as a negative experience, only experiences that could have gone better under different circumstances!

Brag away, even if it is not bragging but the willful sharing of information and experience. The bragging from others is often less than subtle. Your posting was from a motivation of sharing, which I and others appreciate. Ignore the rabble!

Those of us in the more civilized portions of the universe have enjoyed prosperity without conflict and are unable to share as you have. (We've put out the no trespassing by warmonger signs all over the sector! And in every neighborhood Star Bar as well!)

Octus

Brag away, even if it is not bragging but the willful sharing of information and experience. The bragging from others is often less than subtle. Your posting was from a motivation of sharing, which I and others appreciate. Ignore the rabble!

Those of us in the more civilized portions of the universe have enjoyed prosperity without conflict and are unable to share as you have. (We've put out the no trespassing by warmonger signs all over the sector! And in every neighborhood Star Bar as well!)

Octus

Bragging is not bragging if its true. Also, bragging is encouraged in the StarBars. The bigger the story the better. Heck, don't even let truth get in the way. Another drink? :drunk:

Three cheers for Flagritz! :D:(:thumbsup::cheers:

I, for one, am happy to read about the progess of other empires. There is a lot to learn by studying other designs and methods.

Thank you! And please send more reports as the nice and friendly Flagritz continue their expansion. :cheers:

It is helpful and appreciated by many I'm sure to post battle reports. Although I can see where it could be taken as.:

Recipe for success:

Step 1. Start 3 Empires

Step 2. Etc. . . .

You have to admit that 3:1 it is a little unfair, especially when all 3 empires are ran by the same player. Could be construed to out-spending the opponent not that I think that was your intention. It would make a better story if at least the 3 empires were independent and had to coordinate.

Never heard the expression, "All's fair in love :alien::ranting: and war :beer::alien: "? Its true. The object is to crush :cheers: your opponent, not stand there toe to toe like old time move sword fights where opponents endlessly tap their opponent's sword rythmically back and forth in an utterly pointless display of doing nothing :ranting: zzzzz.

Having three positions providing the attacking forces is no different than having three times as many troops and warships from one position in the attack. Good strategy :D /bad strategy :( , good tactics :rolleyes: /bad tactics :blink: , smart B) /dumb :unsure: , overwhelming force :thumbsup: /underwhelming dithering :oops: -------------- winning :P /losing! :o

To kinda paraphrase something I read a long time ago....

In the vacuum of space, you can't hear the plaintive cries of :ranting: 'Not fair, I wasn't ready!!!' :ranting:

It doesn't work that way. If you're going to go down, go down fighting (that's part of the fun! :ranting: ) - but never go down complaining the other guy had an advantage that wasn't fair :taz: . There's no such thing as "fair" in war, real or fantasy. End of story.

It is helpful and appreciated by many I'm sure to post battle reports. Although I can see where it could be taken as.:

Recipe for success:

Step 1. Start 3 Empires

Step 2. Etc. . . .

You have to admit that 3:1 it is a little unfair, especially when all 3 empires are ran by the same player. Could be construed to out-spending the opponent not that I think that was your intention. It would make a better story if at least the 3 empires were independent and had to coordinate.

I heard something similar about Bill Gates once.

Recipe for success:

Step 1. Start with a rich grandfather

Step 2. Have a rich father

Why, he could then celebrate each win with a bit of wine, couldn't he. :beer:

C'mon! Creating outlandish scenarios to make a meaningless post proves nothing. Its a game - people in the game have choice. People, including me, would not stay in such a game - thus nullifying any perceived advantage such a ridiculous event would bring about (however many or few positions were involved).

Oh yeah - just thought of another scenario that could have brought about the same conditions - someone who has captured one or more Homeworlds (plenty of dropped positions out there apparently), each with the capacity to produce the material needed for combined overwhelming attacks - are you suggesting that it wouldn't be fair to use such an advantage; that it would be unreasonable to use them all to one end?

Sounds a little like a hobbyhorse you don't want to let go of - or you just haven't thought it through.

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass about this all. I'm certainly not trying to put you or your perceptions down (you have as much a right to an opinion as I do). They just make no sense to me, is all.