Rolling Thunder Forums

advanced start game

Marklen X

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play. It sounds fun.

I also think and interesting twist would be a game where TA's were declared at the start and were permanent.

For a long time, there was no way to break a TA. The problem came because many are not reliable, and would drop the game for no apparent reason, even though they had a decent position. It is for that reason that Russ put in the 5% chance to break. I would not be against a rule that you could not break with a TA that was still controlled by it's original owner.

A few years back, Rolling Thunder ran a couple of games that started on turn 25, with 25 turns of stockpiles, and was an open ended game. The games were quite fun, and the advanced start meant a huge difference in battle sizes at the start. Russ says if there is interest, he would happily run another, anybody out there want to play in one?

Dear Mr. X,

You may feel lucky, yiu all may feel lucky: I wont't be signing up for this variant of Victory, because the beginning of each game is the most interesting part of it, at least the part I don't want to miss.

Greetings Rednas

Dear Mr. X,

You may feel lucky, yiu all may feel lucky: I wont't be signing up for this variant of Victory, because the beginning of each game is the most interesting part of it, at least the part I don't want to miss.

Greetings Rednas

Rednas,

In an advnaced start game there is also a biginning of the game: turn 25. The same as a normal game.

The only difference is that you can immediately start a war... So this part is a little more interesting...

Norbert

You may feel lucky, you all may feel lucky:

Greetings Rednas

I guess we will all have to continue on without you. :blink:

Not that I would fell threatened by you anyway. :drunk:

Too bad, this is the most interesting version of this game and you don't want to join. :unsure:

Your loss, I guess. :python::cheers::blink:

DezertCamel :cheers:

I would play. It sounds fun.

I also think and interesting twist would be a game where TA's were declared at the start and were permanent.

For a long time, there was no way to break a TA. The problem came because many are not reliable, and would drop the game for no apparent reason, even though they had a decent position. It is for that reason that Russ put in the 5% chance to break. I would not be against a rule that you could not break with a TA that was still controlled by it's original owner.

You are probably right. It would need to be OK to break a TA for a dropped position.

The only possible exception would be if teams joined and started the game together as TA's. In this version of the game, the idea would be that teams would have to keep all their members in the game to win. If one member got ganged by another group, his teammates would have to come to the rescue, not just sacrifice him. Liberating an occupied teammate might be the difference between winning and losing.

I think there was a topic suggesting 10 teams of 4 countries a while ago.

Ah, here it is: http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....=1138&st=15

Playing the US/Canada/Iceland in an advanced start game will mean that you won't enter the European warzone until T50, unless the US and Canada start fighting eachother which will delay their arrival at the European theater.

It would be interesting however to combine one of the coastal countries(Morocco/Portugal/France/Norway) with US or Canada, this would give the Naval powers an early start in the fight.

But an advanced game would be interesting! What about an advanced start & all tech game....?

Don

Greetings Rednas

I guess we will all have to continue on without you. :thumbsup:

Not that I would fell threatened by you anyway. B)

Too bad, this is the most interesting version of this game and you don't want to join. :D

Your loss, I guess. <_<:D:ranting:

DezertCamel :P

Dear Marlboro, oh no excuse me Camel,

In this case: yep and that about the threat we could change that: perticipating in VIC79 or VIC81 perhaps??

Greetings Rednas

I think there was a topic suggesting 10 teams of 4 countries a while ago.

Ah, here it is: http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....=1138&st=15

Playing the US/Canada/Iceland in an advanced start game will mean that you won't enter the European warzone until T50, unless the US and Canada start fighting eachother which will delay their arrival at the European theater.

It would be interesting however to combine one of the coastal countries(Morocco/Portugal/France/Norway) with US or Canada, this would give the Naval powers an early start in the fight.

But an advanced game would be interesting! What about an advanced start & all tech game....?

Don

The USA and Canada have some value in an advanced start game, as there are no real navy units early in the game that are ultimately useful for invading Europe, and the no time limit for an ending allows them to be a factor.

Greetings Rednas

Not that I would fell threatened by you anyway. :cheers:

Too bad, this is the most interesting version of this game and you don't want to join. :P

In this case: yep and that about the threat we could change that: perticipating in VIC79 or VIC81 perhaps??

Greetings Rednas

Threat, what threat.... :blink:

It was you who said we should all be worried....(don't think so) :D

I was just pointing out the best version of the game that you will not be part of. :cheers:

as for games you asked about. I was in 79, but I turned my position to my ta's friend. Had too much stuff going on and I did not like the contry I was playing. It had been a last minute position I pickedup as the game was starting. I was also in 3 other games at the same time. 74 which has ended, 75 which will end around march of the new year and game 80. B):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plus mr. sander - ops rednas, have a good new year and maybe we will cross paths some other game. :cheers:

Greetings Rednas

Not that I would fell threatened by you anyway. :cheers:

Too bad, this is the most interesting version of this game and you don't want to join. :P

Greetings Rednas

Threat, what threat.... :blink:

It was you who said we should all be worried....(don't think so) :D

I was just pointing out the best version of the game that you will not be part of. :cheers:

as for games you asked about. I was in 79, but I turned my position to my ta's friend. Had too much stuff going on and I did not like the contry I was playing. It had been a last minute position I pickedup as the game was starting. I was also in 3 other games at the same time. 74 which has ended, 75 which will end around march of the new year and game 80. B):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plus mr. sander - ops rednas, have a good new year and maybe we will cross paths some other game. :cheers:

Thanks and the same to you. I hope we will meet again. Not in 81??

Greetings Rednas

Just had word my registration has been accepted so fill your boots boys the party has only just begun.

Tell your mates this looks like its going to be special, as far as i understand it they dont come around too often.

May i now take this opportunity to offer the hand of friendship to Canada and the USA, your allies i will need in this game. Just dont do something stupid like declare war on each other :cheers:

Just had word my registration has been accepted so fill your boots boys the party has only just begun.

Tell your mates this looks like its going to be special, as far as i understand it they dont come around too often.

May i now take this opportunity to offer the hand of friendship to Canada and the USA, your allies i will need in this game. Just dont do something stupid like declare war on each other :cheers:

where did you get that word? I would be surprised if this game starts for a few weeks.