Rolling Thunder Forums

advanced start game

Marklen X

I think there was a topic suggesting 10 teams of 4 countries a while ago.

Ah, here it is: http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....=1138&st=15

Playing the US/Canada/Iceland in an advanced start game will mean that you won't enter the European warzone until T50, unless the US and Canada start fighting eachother which will delay their arrival at the European theater.

It would be interesting however to combine one of the coastal countries(Morocco/Portugal/France/Norway) with US or Canada, this would give the Naval powers an early start in the fight.

But an advanced game would be interesting! What about an advanced start & all tech game....?

Don

I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN A "10 TEAM - 4 NATIONS PER TEAM" GAME. I ALSO LIKE THE SUGGESTION OF TEAMING US/CANADA/ICELAND WITH ONE OF THE EUROPEAN COASTAL COUNTRIES.

I AM PRETTY SURE I COULD GET A 4 PERSON TEAM TOGETHER FOR THIS. ARE THERE ANY OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES?

LORD VADER

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing the US/Canada/Iceland in an advanced start game will mean that you won't enter the European warzone until T50, unless the US and Canada start fighting eachother which will delay their arrival at the European theater.

It would be interesting however to combine one of the coastal countries(Morocco/Portugal/France/Norway) with US or Canada, this would give the Naval powers an early start in the fight.

But an advanced game would be interesting! What about an advanced start & all tech game....?

Don

I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN A "10 TEAM - 4 NATIONS PER TEAM" GAME. I ALSO LIKE THE SUGGESTION OF TEAMING US/CANADA/ICELAND WITH ONE OF THE EUROPEAN COASTAL COUNTRIES.

I AM PRETTY SURE I COULD GET A 4 PERSON TEAM TOGETHER FOR THIS. ARE THERE ANY OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES?

LORD VADER

I'm game, but I would suggest that Russ decide what 4 countries are in each group, so he could 'balance' them if at all possible. For Example, wouldn't put all 4 next to each other, such as Persia/Iraq/Saudi/UAE. I'd suggest that none of the TAs be adjacent, with the possible exception of the US/Canada. Then randomly assign the 4 country teams to the players. I would also suggest that the TAs not be allowed to be broken for this game only. If a player drops, find a replacement. If a country gets destroyed, tough.

My thoughts anyway. Cheers! :cheers:

Don

LORD VADER

I'm game, but I would suggest that Russ decide what 4 countries are in each group, so he could 'balance' them if at all possible. For Example, wouldn't put all 4 next to each other, such as Persia/Iraq/Saudi/UAE. I'd suggest that none of the TAs be adjacent, with the possible exception of the US/Canada. Then randomly assign the 4 country teams to the players. I would also suggest that the TAs not be allowed to be broken for this game only. If a player drops, find a replacement. If a country gets destroyed, tough.

My thoughts anyway. Cheers! :unsure:

I would agree that russ decide. Plus I would split canada and usa into two different teams. this way they have to worry about someting not just building stuff.

The only thing we really need to decide now is this an advanced game or a team advanced game. Not everyone who is for the advanced game will play in a team game. :blink:

I will play in either one, providing I can be on someones team. :blink:

Maybe I could play with those I have been fighting so often. But that will be up to them. :cheers:

DezertCamel :cheers:

Don

LORD VADER

My thoughts anyway. Cheers! :unsure:

I would agree that russ decide. Plus I would split canada and usa into two different teams. this way they have to worry about someting not just building stuff.

The only thing we really need to decide now is this an advanced game or a team advanced game. Not everyone who is for the advanced game will play in a team game. :blink:

I will play in either one, providing I can be on someones team. :blink:

Maybe I could play with those I have been fighting so often. But that will be up to them. :cheers:

DezertCamel :cheers:

I was planning on getting into this game as a free agent. However, if need be, I suppose I could come up with a team, or maybe beg for an invite from somebody else

Guest Spongebob

Yes far too complex.

No one picks a country, no teams. Russ randomly picks a nation for you and you run with it. Apart from that the game plays as before until the end.

Simple, easy, just be afraid if the sponge is next to you :cheers:

Don

Game 81 has a US/Canada/Portugal grouping. The fact that the three players are brothers has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yes far too complex.

No one picks a country, no teams. Russ randomly picks a nation for you and you run with it. Apart from that the game plays as before until the end.

Simple, easy, just be afraid if the sponge is next to you :thumbsup:

This could be a very interesting game! But if a country is randomly given, I would like to have the alltech option included... I love those Russian tanks, but they're pretty useless playing Iceland/Ireland...

Random selection/All tech.

I'm in!

Don

Personally I think the sponge's idea of random selection sucks. Victory has always been about choosing your country, your tech, and your allies you want to play around. Why would you change the whole concept of the game because of advanced starting tech and stockpiles.

I think the only thing that needs to change is who is allowed in the game. There are way to many people that play victory that drop the game after one bad fight early in the game. For instance in game 78 s. russia lost an army early in the game after much heavy losses on both sides. He and his 5 team group all dropped out immediately afterward. These are not the type of people you want in a game with no scheduled ending. :thumbsup:

Personally I think you should finish a game of victory to get to play in a special game.

Personally I think the sponge's idea of random selection sucks. Victory has always been about choosing your country, your tech, and your allies you want to play around. Why would you change the whole concept of the game because of advanced starting tech and stockpiles.

I think the only thing that needs to change is who is allowed in the game. There are way to many people that play victory that drop the game after one bad fight early in the game. For instance in game 78 s. russia lost an army early in the game after much heavy losses on both sides. He and his 5 team group all dropped out immediately afterward. These are not the type of people you want in a game with no scheduled ending. :thumbsup:

Personally I think you should finish a game of victory to get to play in a special game.

For the record, I have no interest in a random game. After thinking about it, I really do not wish to play in a pre selected alliance game either. I started this thread for those who wish to play an open ended game, with an accelerated start. If you want to play a different game, please start a thread, and let people respond to that who wish to play in it.

I have to agree with Predator, the bane of all victory players are the cowardly punks who lose one fight and quit.

I have to disagree, I have only recently got into game 81 after a five year absence. I would love to play in an advance game. I do agree about choosing your own country and tech, my sugesstion would be -- if a position is dropped it is anounced to the Victory Community to allow someone to take the position quickly.

Guest Spongebob

Well okay then however the game turns up it seems there will always be someone who is not happy. So be it, either way i will play it as it comes and someone will have the pleasure of dealing with the sponge armed with WMD's :thumbsup:

As you all know i tend to stick to and keep my word and you all know its a rare event if i let you know who I play. I will tell you this

The sponge will announce what nation he plays at the game start.

Advance start, open ended, or a team game both sound interesting.

I agree that Russ should determine the country groupings, or approve somebody else's suggestions, as he knows the game better than anybody else. And yes, the TA groupings should be locked.

Anybody need a fourth?

Gecko,

of many games.