Rolling Thunder Forums

Buying Technology

Mahdi

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the expanded explanation. I don't do nearly as many COLBs as you do, but I am still paranoid...

Having a dumb attack. What does LCs stand for in the never ever underestimate line? Must be getting late...

Octus

To quote Jim Butchers Harry Dresden Character (The Dresden Files and Codex Alera series, highly reccomended) "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face"

:beer:

/Locklyn

Not part of the founder's group, but I think less than a year short of it for one race.

We have never put more than 2 RCs on any single project. Just don't like the idea of inefficiencies in already limited research capability. We have suffered with lower engine tech, slower armor advancement, behind on shields, not as ugly with weapons, or other such perceived inadequacies compared to brethern on the board. That is, if you care to assume someone has really researched 7th Gen Species Engineering and is conquering the galaxy. Oh, has done big time ground combat research as well. :woohoo:

As a result, our research base is rather broad. We just have to impatiently wait 2 earth years for some things to come on line. Such is life, sort of.

Question for others. Do you look at your research reports first when you open your results like I do? I guess the war mongers look at the pages and pages of combat results first, but what about the rest of us? :cheers:

Octus

Always look at scientist hits first, DCS hits second because its on the way and then the RC report.

Currently, I have a 14 RC Zone dedicated to a single tech. The rest of my RCs are set on single techs. The reason for the 14 slot zone is that with all my Sci hits, I can pop a 6G tech in 1 - 2 turns. I think it's been worth it for all the inefficiencies that I'm supposed to have by doing that. *shrug*

Sakarissa :alien:

The Circle

14? That is an impressive number. It would lead to significant advances in a limited number of areas. Nice to have, but there would be holes. I guess you could argue that the advances in certain areas (weapons and engines, for instance) would far exceed the limited scope of advances for the empire. There is more than one way to skin the feline, which makes the enterprise more interesting.

Octus

(Expecting nasty replies from the feline races on the board. Alas, we have not been able to research Mk IX Cat Dander Neutralizer because of other research priorities.)

Try Mk I Catnip. Its great for those feline races and makes them loyal to boot. :wub:

Great thread. Some new ideas I can use. :wub: