Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Neighbour Map

Lord Deependra

Hmmmm....as my oldest empire has but a mere 15 turns done , I have yet to get a sighting of any other positions....in fact , I am exasperated that between two positions , I have discovered a total of 3 systems with planets in them....and two of the systems are my home systems.....I have discovered one warp nexus after the other....are there actually other systems with planets in them?.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....as my oldest empire has but a mere 15 turns done , I have yet to get a sighting of any other positions....in fact , I am exasperated that between two positions , I have discovered a total of 3 systems with planets in them....and two of the systems are my home systems.....I have discovered one warp nexus after the other....are there actually other systems with planets in them?.....

A. It was almost one year before I met another empire and over a year before I found an active one.

B. About one third of systems are nexus systems. You have been having a run of bad luck but don't give up. Look at it as an opportunity to strengthen your empire before you meet another one.

Hehe...not even about to give up , just frustrating as hell to have your hw systems completely surrounded by warp nexus .....means I have to go extra fast on research to try to get the nuclear transwarp engines asap , and I would kinda rather research other things first......always hope the next turn has a real system with planets , and then I get another warp nexus

Hehe...not even about to give up , just frustrating as hell to have your hw systems completely surrounded by warp nexus .....means I have to go extra fast on research to try to get the nuclear transwarp engines asap , and I would kinda rather research other things first......always hope the next turn has a real system with planets , and then I get another warp nexus

It could be worse. Your HW could have only a one way WP leading out. There is another player who had that set up and I think he is still in the game.

It could be worse. Your HW could have only a one way WP leading out. There is another player who had that set up and I think he is still in the game.

Oh yes, still here after, what, 4yrs?

My homeworld has only one WP and going through leads to a sysem that doesn't lead back to my HW system. Bit annoying but I've adapted.

I've found plenty of warp nexi, and plenty of systems with loads of planets, so keep going. You're best going for the higher end engine techs, MK II antimatter, but MKI or MKII fusion will help you, although NTWD do help!

Plenty of time to start those other projects when you've developed the engine techs you can live with. Could just do with finding some planets I can colonise that have really good iron deposits!!

Oh yes, still here after, what, 4yrs?

My homeworld has only one WP and going through leads to a sysem that doesn't lead back to my HW system. Bit annoying but I've adapted.

I've found plenty of warp nexi, and plenty of systems with loads of planets, so keep going. You're best going for the higher end engine techs, MK II antimatter, but MKI or MKII fusion will help you, although NTWD do help!

Plenty of time to start those other projects when you've developed the engine techs you can live with. Could just do with finding some planets I can colonise that have really good iron deposits!!

Good to see you are still around.

:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I can only say what a good job Lord Deependra has done for this, it looks like all the interesting (warlike) races that have been mentioned on the forums over the years and its both good and bad that they are a nice and very long distance away from me :rolleyes:

Sir Smeg :)

• 2 weeks later...