Rolling Thunder Forums

Phase Dragon Website

nickcnew

My ship design worksheet is at http://www.geocities.com/batkins23/Sargon.html

Sadly, I still have not updated it to calculate defensive stats.

There is also a spreadsheet for calculating tooled production. It isn't anything like PhaseDragon's. I don't try to import data from the turn results and there are no macros. It's just for calculating production and determining amounts for BI orders.

Both are Excel 2000.

That is great.Thanks for the link.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody had copies of PhaseDragon's spreadsheets and databases that they could email me (PM me first and I'll send back my email address) or attach here, as his website no longer exists. I realise they won't work on today's turns but I was hoping they would help rekindle my somewhat rusty (if not downright rudimentary :angry2: ) VB knowledge and I could get my database to import from PDFs (or more likely a text file).

If I do get it working I'll post the database (created using Access) to a website or here (once I've deleted my data :python: ) if people are interested?

Cheers in advance for any help.

I bumped my two toolsets. They need an update, though.

I am using them now on MacOS with mysql.

And batkins has a prduction sheet on his site.

Thanks Cestvel,

The scripts look very useful and give me some great code\ideas to build upon (\pinch :angry2: )....and the itemlist.csv is making me drool at some of the tech I can't even begin to ANZ yet :python:

I bumped my two toolsets. They need an update, though.

I am using them now on MacOS with mysql.

And batkins has a prduction sheet on his site.

Thanks Cestvel,

The scripts look very useful and give me some great code\ideas to build upon (\pinch :angry2: )....and the itemlist.csv is making me drool at some of the tech I can't even begin to ANZ yet :python:

There is another problem, you will run into, when adobe converts the turn to text, different versions convert differently, his sheets were set up in adobe 6.02

The ones that are most useful are codes and Galaxy, with the later being the easiest to fix. the research one never worked over very many turns.

There is another problem, you will run into, when adobe converts the turn to text, different versions convert differently, his sheets were set up in adobe 6.02

The ones that are most useful are codes and Galaxy, with the later being the easiest to fix. the research one never worked over very many turns.

Hi Gary,

Cestvel very kindly bumped a few of his posts so I could download his Perl scripts.... I haven't actually managed to get my hands on PhaseDragon's work yet, would you have copies you could email me?

I think I'll use Xpdf rather than Acrobat to convert to text and if I can get the import working my next job will be to write some script to run the pdftotext command line from Access.

Phew ... all this work writing spreadsheets and databases, maybe I should just concentrate on getting my turn in :angry2:

I'd appreciate it if you could sent them to me. I'm learning how to program these sheets as I go along and I've slammed into one brick wall after another, so at the very least they could help me see where I'm going wrong - or they could replace my feeble efforts altogether.

gehenna1@msn.com

Thanks in anticipation.