Rolling Thunder Forums

RTG Question/Clarification Please

Jodookus

Yes, better to dismantle them all and build more processing time devouring high AP fleets cause as it stands now wormholes are ONLY a threat to those who build them as you have no control over who passes through them, anyone can send a fleet of any size, and the owner of the installation apparently sits nicely and pays the caldaran for the transit. Im having a hard trouble getting this together with what Pete said when I started doing the WGs that it was important to protect the generator sites, hence I moved troops to every place that had generators, what an utter waste of my time, my money and my patience

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, better to dismantle them all and build more processing time devouring high AP fleets cause as it stands now wormholes are ONLY a threat to those who build them as you have no control over who passes through them, anyone can send a fleet of any size, and the owner of the installation apparently sits nicely and pays the caldaran for the transit. Im having a hard trouble getting this together with what Pete said when I started doing the WGs that it was important to protect the generator sites, hence I moved troops to every place that had generators, what an utter waste of my time, my money and my patience

Think of it as the door to your home. Anyone can walk thru it, you may not like it, but unless you put up a fight to stop them, in they come.

I do not agree with the owner of the gate paying for its opperation. If the installation has to be manned then the owner controls the usage.

Or make it so the installation is self contained, needs no added energy to operate, and unmanned.

A side note: orbital bombardment.

I may need to destroy one in a few turns. Can I bombard with just ship weapons? If I need MDDs, how many do you need for a successful bombardment mission?

Regular weapons don't work for BOMB missions. Take your MDD's to the planet, select BOMB for the missions and then select the pop group with the installation in it. Then it is luck of the draw as to which installations are destroyed.

There is no way to target a specific installation.

:beer:

So if there is only one installation in the pop group and I drop a butt load of MDDs on it, it may not get destroyed?

I know this is taking this thread a little off topic but if people are feeling in a generous mood when it comes to tech.... any chance of confirming the pre-req's for Advanced Industrial complexes?

I've searched the forum and I know its been a sensitive subject...... I have a pretty good idea as I have Improved Industrial complexes but just want to be sure......

I thought it was worth a shot :}

Go on..... Gate techs out there now, what would be the harm....... go on.... go on.... go on..... :]

You didnt hear it from me but.... you need to get 1 generation android tech and 5th gen civil engineering to get advanced industrial complexes. 1st gen android tech is opened up by 3rd gen cybernetics.

Good Luck!!!

I know this is taking this thread a little off topic but if people are feeling in a generous mood when it comes to tech.... any chance of confirming the pre-req's for Advanced Industrial complexes?

I've searched the forum and I know its been a sensitive subject...... I have a pretty good idea as I have Improved Industrial complexes but just want to be sure......

I thought it was worth a shot :}

Go on..... Gate techs out there now, what would be the harm....... go on.... go on.... go on..... :]

You didnt hear it from me but.... you need to get 1 generation android tech and 5th gen civil engineering to get advanced industrial complexes. 1st gen android tech is opened up by 3rd gen cybernetics.

Good Luck!!!

I heard nothing from no one.... who said what about which complex..... thanks :}

On a completely separate note, Flagritz Scientists were sacked today for apparently underestimating the pre reqs of a target technology.... :]

Regular weapons don't work for BOMB missions. Take your MDD's to the planet, select BOMB for the missions and then select the pop group with the installation in it. Then it is luck of the draw as to which installations are destroyed.

There is no way to target a specific installation.

:beer:

I beg to differ on that regular weapons dont work on BOMB missions. Some 'regular' weapons deal out so much damage that they can be considered MDD on pop centers. I also recall that Pete mentioned to me many moons ago when asked that question that MDD are a bit more effective at it but regular weapons will

also work in a pinch.

Pete,

Can you confirm this? Can ships weapons be used in a BOMB mission? Or better yet, do ships weapons have any effects on a pop group/installations in a BOMB mission?

Or are MDD's required for a BOMB mission?

Also, I recently got the breakthru for the NW-88 Skyhammer... and unlike previous MDD's, this item is unbuildable. It's a ground combat upgrade which I thought was wierd. Is that intentional? Earlier MDD breakthru's had both features (ground combat upgrade plus they were buildable for deployment in a BOMB mission).

Thanks.

Pete,

Can you confirm this? Can ships weapons be used in a BOMB mission? Or better yet, do ships weapons have any effects on a pop group/installations in a BOMB mission?

Or are MDD's required for a BOMB mission?

Also, I recently got the breakthru for the NW-88 Skyhammer... and unlike previous MDD's, this item is unbuildable. It's a ground combat upgrade which I thought was wierd. Is that intentional? Earlier MDD breakthru's had both features (ground combat upgrade plus they were buildable for deployment in a BOMB mission).

Thanks.

Ships can help but don't do much. The BOMB mission in general is rarely used, and for good reason - it's just not very effective.