Rolling Thunder Forums

Part 4 of the BCL battle

Coconutheads

Well, I wasn't referring to you personally but the PA in general and their bragging of victories and silence of losses. However, out of curiosity I did a bit of research and found where you had personally posted a detailed battle report; granted, it was quite some time ago............

As further Proof of our claims ................, we present this battle report.........

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- [ K (Orange) 8 VI ] [single Star] - Warp Point -----

The Flock #540 Total tonnage: 755,900 Base Fire Control: 1 [18,000 bridge]

Realm of Atlantis #2282 Total tonnage: 8,000 Base Fire Control: 1 [0 bridge]

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

The Flock # 540 [White Wings On Blue]

Crabby [ROE: V] *Standard Line* (Fleet Tonnage: 755,900)

Ranger Der'pigeon

--------------------[Deploy Location 12] 1 CCA Finch 2 (Command Cruiser - 755,900 tons [each])------------------------------

Fire Control: Minimal .. Maneuverability: Nimble .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: Feeble .. Structural Integrity: Sturdy

Realm of Atlantis # 2282 [A Sunken City Populated By Sentient Crabs]

174th Recon Group [ROE: R] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 8,000)

--------------------[Deploy Location 7] 8 LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons [each])-----------------------------------

Fire Control: Minimal .. Maneuverability: Clumsy .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: None .. Structural Integrity: Poor

The Flock Page 5 of 79 Saturday, November 19, 2005 540

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 12 ------------------------------------------------------------

CCA Finch 2 (Command Cruiser - 755,900 tons) [integrity: 799,300] [shields: 90,000] (Green, Timid)

Maneuverability: 8.149, Sensors: 0.002

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 7 ------------------------------------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

800 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive

Maneuverability: 0.300

**DESTROYED** [2nd] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [3rd] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [4th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [5th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [6th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [7th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [8th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that the only battles posted on this forum are the WINNING battles, not only in this thread but others. Are the egos of you winners so fragile as to not even be able to report a loss? Inquiring minds want to know.

I do not post any battles, so I do not give out any intel on my empire. I just wonder what the mindset, is to talk about how weak the enemy was, and how great you are, when after all if they suck that bad, then how great was the victory?

AS PER NORMAL OPERATING PROCEDURE, Stirring the pot.

Gary,

Interesting question. I ask in return, why would I expend MY time posting losing battles?

When another person wins a victory against me, it's my belief that THEY should post their win. If everyone did that, then by definition my loss would also be posted... However, if you choose not to post your victory, don't expect me to post your victory (my loss) for you. I mean put a little effort in.

Case in point, our conflict with BCL, WSI and GAL. About 5 months ago, our forces splattered BCL pretty good. I posted the battle and derided them for their loss (essentially cause they sucked). Then, 3 months ago, when BCL had a victory against us, he chose to post his win and had the opportunity to deride me publically. It's the nature of things. It's fun.

Incidentally, you don't happen to know who runs the Black Cloud (soon to be defunct), the White Shadow Imperium or the Galvorn Protectorate do you??? We don't need to discuss this in a public forum, shoot me an email. I'm interested in hearing from that person(s). Perhaps WSI and GAL can be spared but they need respond to communications which has yet to happen.

As to giving out intel regarding setups, why live in such stifling fear? Are the empires you run really that weak that they will not survive an encounter with another empire who may have some intel about them? Why the need to live in darkness and silence? What kind of mindset is that?

Actually I posted a battle where the Hellenes counterattacked way back when and handed my scaly behind to me? So I would say that not only winning battles are posted. Also my probes cannot be considered winning right?

Anyways, know the PA like the pot and the stirring of it :laugh: Just jiving with you mate

Have a good Xmas PA and others alike!!

:o

/Locklyn

See, that's very kind of you Locklyn but why waste your time doing so? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a post from the Hellenes... If they have such little interest in participating, why waste your time.

As to PA stirring the pot, that's their rep sure. But again, where is all the 'pot stirring' posts? These boards are so quiet I sometimes wonder if anyone plays it. When's the last time Gary posted? Infrequent at best. When's the last time any other PA member posted? Pot stirring? Seems like an unearned rep.

Have a good Christmas everyone. Maybe 2009 will be a year where PA actually earns that 'pot stirring' rep....

I find it funny that the only battles posted on this forum are the WINNING battles, not only in this thread but others. Are the egos of you winners so fragile as to not even be able to report a loss? Inquiring minds want to know.

I do not post any battles, so I do not give out any intel on my empire. I just wonder what the mindset, is to talk about how weak the enemy was, and how great you are, when after all if they suck that bad, then how great was the victory?

AS PER NORMAL OPERATING PROCEDURE, Stirring the pot.

Gary,

Interesting question. I ask in return, why would I expend MY time posting losing battles?

Its called GOOD Sportsmanship. I do not claim to have it, but i have heard of it, and can say posting both sides, and saying things like you got me there, ext would be part of it.

When another person wins a victory against me, it's my belief that THEY should post their win. If everyone did that, then by definition my loss would also be posted... However, if you choose not to post your victory, don't expect me to post your victory (my loss) for you. I mean put a little effort in.

Case in point, our conflict with BCL, WSI and GAL. About 5 months ago, our forces splattered BCL pretty good. I posted the battle and derided them for their loss (essentially cause they sucked). Then, 3 months ago, when BCL had a victory against us, he chose to post his win and had the opportunity to deride me publically. It's the nature of things. It's fun.

So the fun part was deriding the other guy?

Incidentally, you don't happen to know who runs the Black Cloud (soon to be defunct), the White Shadow Imperium or the Galvorn Protectorate do you??? We don't need to discuss this in a public forum, shoot me an email. I'm interested in hearing from that person(s). Perhaps WSI and GAL can be spared but they need respond to communications which has yet to happen.

As to giving out intel regarding setups, why live in such stifling fear? Are the empires you run really that weak that they will not survive an encounter with another empire who may have some intel about them? Why the need to live in darkness and silence? What kind of mindset is that?

I did not see any ship designs in your post of the battle, why live in such stifling fear post your fleet?

Actually I posted a battle where the Hellenes counterattacked way back when and handed my scaly behind to me? So I would say that not only winning battles are posted. Also my probes cannot be considered winning right?

Anyways, know the PA like the pot and the stirring of it :laugh: Just jiving with you mate

Have a good Xmas PA and others alike!!

:o

/Locklyn

See, that's very kind of you Locklyn but why waste your time doing so? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a post from the Hellenes... If they have such little interest in participating, why waste your time.

It is called good sportsmanship, I have to give Locklyn credit for that...Darn it

As to PA stirring the pot, that's their rep sure. But again, where is all the 'pot stirring' posts? These boards are so quiet I sometimes wonder if anyone plays it. When's the last time Gary posted? Infrequent at best. When's the last time any other PA member posted? Pot stirring? Seems like an unearned rep.

Have a good Christmas everyone. Maybe 2009 will be a year where PA actually earns that 'pot stirring' rep....

Well, I wasn't referring to you personally but the PA in general and their bragging of victories and silence of losses. However, out of curiosity I did a bit of research and found where you had personally posted a detailed battle report; granted, it was quite some time ago............

As further Proof of our claims ................, we present this battle report.........

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- [ K (Orange) 8 VI ] [single Star] - Warp Point -----

The Flock #540 Total tonnage: 755,900 Base Fire Control: 1 [18,000 bridge]

Realm of Atlantis #2282 Total tonnage: 8,000 Base Fire Control: 1 [0 bridge]

The Flock # 540 [White Wings On Blue]

Crabby [ROE: V] *Standard Line* (Fleet Tonnage: 755,900)

Ranger Der'pigeon

--------------------[Deploy Location 12] 1 CCA Finch 2 (Command Cruiser - 755,900 tons [each])------------------------------

Fire Control: Minimal .. Maneuverability: Nimble .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: Feeble .. Structural Integrity: Sturdy

Realm of Atlantis # 2282 [A Sunken City Populated By Sentient Crabs]

174th Recon Group [ROE: R] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 8,000)

--------------------[Deploy Location 7] 8 LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons [each])-----------------------------------

Fire Control: Minimal .. Maneuverability: Clumsy .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: None .. Structural Integrity: Poor

The Flock Page 5 of 79 Saturday, November 19, 2005 540

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 12 ------------------------------------------------------------

CCA Finch 2 (Command Cruiser - 755,900 tons) [integrity: 799,300] [shields: 90,000] (Green, Timid)

Maneuverability: 8.149, Sensors: 0.002

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 7 ------------------------------------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

800 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive

Maneuverability: 0.300

**DESTROYED** [2nd] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [3rd] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [4th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [5th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [6th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [7th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

**DESTROYED** [8th] LTA Goldfish (Light Tanker - 1,000 tons) [integrity: 200] (Green, Timid)

the Flock? who is that, and who won that battle? See my signature below.

:o One of the empires you personally had lost :laugh:

That honor goes to Megachiroptera !

LOL, WRONG!

REA: 540

Address information for The Flock # 540 follows:

Gary Carpenter

43XXX Gadxxxx Ave # 1xx

LancXXXX CA 93XXX

USA

garycXXXX@hotXXXX.com

Sounds familiar?

I decided early that I intended to write a story about the Hraas expansion through the stars (the Seven Clans of Una) and did some thinking about how much information I should give out. For example, should I give out my starting system? Really, what harm is done. If an enemy scout manage to find that system I'm probably on the losing side anyway. The real harm can be done by them knowing what technologies I have. But after the first one or two encounters they should have a good grasp of what weapons I use anyway. No major harm there anyway, expecially since I post each cycle with a major delay in time... :o

Sometimes secrecy can be very important, but more often that not information is pretty useless for an enemy. Not to mention the fact that my neighbours don't know that they are my neighbours yet... :laugh:

I'm happy that some of you post your battle reports and other stories. It makes the game all the more fun for me as I like the thought of an active galaxy with lots of life and conflicts... :cheers:

Edited by B'tai Hazra

:cheers: One of the empires you personally had lost :laugh:

LOL, WRONG!

Gary Carpenter

43XXX Gadxxxx Ave # 1xx

LancXXXX CA 93XXX

USA

garycXXXX@hotXXXX.com

Sounds familiar?

Gary - be careful - you may loose your membership........... :o

Phoenix Arisen Oct 12 2003, 07:13 PM Post #49

We, the members of Phoenix Arisen, in order to form a more perfect union........, do ordain and establish this constitution for the members of our alliance.

We believe that a perfect union is one where the members share our point of view.

We stand for our way of life and the rule of Justice, not law.

We believe that the way to galactic tranquility is through the elimination of sources of dis-ease.

We shall strictly and enthusiastically defend all territories and borders from those who do not share our beliefs.

We shall promote the welfare of our constituents through research support and open trade.

We ensure the liberty of the beings within our 517 system sphere of control through an active and aggressive expansion of our buffer zones.

We adhere to the logic of strength and the wisdom of Sun Tzu.

We tolerate no deceit.

Should an empire encroach upon our borders we shall let them know.

So Signed, The Officers of Phoenix Arisen,

Grand Vizier Norman Fraley - of Procyon, Draconis and Eridani

Minister Rick McFarland - of Procyon and Draconis

Minister Scott Fisher - of Procyon and Eridani

Minister Gary Carpenter - of Procyon and Draconis

Minister Dan Lawrence - of Procyon and Draconis

Minister Bob Wilbanks - of Procyon and Eridani

Minister Galvorn - of Procyon and Eridani

Minister Dave Hunt - of Procyon and Eridani

Minister Jonathan Pettit - Ker'Pluk

My apologies to Coconutheads for continuing the highjacking of this thread, I just couldn't keep myself from "stirring the pot" a bit.

Happy Holidays to friend and foe alike

:o One of the empires you personally had lost :laugh:

LOL, WRONG!

Gary Carpenter

43XXX Gadxxxx Ave # 1xx

LancXXXX CA 93XXX

USA

garycXXXX@hotXXXX.com

Sounds familiar?

Your allies do not tell you much do they

What would be there to tell about?

I even exchanged email with you playing and responing as Flock.

So what would be there to be told?

And by which allies?

The Flock is dead and gone.

You were playing the Flock.

So what is to tell? Please, please tell me oh mighty Gary. :laugh:

Normally I try to avoid these type discussions; however, I feel compelled to clarify a few points since my empire was mentioned.

Cestvel: I think Gary's comment was a jest at your courteous editing of the Flock's REA (i.e. missing information in the form of "XXXX"), but you are 100% accurate in stating that Gary and the Flock were one in the same.

Vince: I thought your comment to be funny, but I'm sure that the PA Constitution meant no deceipt within their member ranks as decepton is a valid part of any War Strategy.

Gary: While we've had our share of in game conflicts, I think the PA for the most part have been honorable enemies. I'm not sure that the PA completely deserves their "bad guy" reputation, but certainly adds some excitement to the game. I've enjoyed all my encounters with the PA, whether I won or loss - they've all certainly been entertaining and that's what a game is all about.

Merry Christmas, Happy Honaka, Blessed Kwanza, Happy New Year, etc.... to all

Normally I try to avoid these type discussions; however, I feel compelled to clarify a few points since my empire was mentioned.

Cestvel: I think Gary's comment was a jest at your courteous editing of the Flock's REA (i.e. missing information in the form of "XXXX"), but you are 100% accurate in stating that Gary and the Flock were one in the same.

Oh, I have the full REA, but I do not post personal addresses in public forums. Not even Gary's :laugh:

Oh, I have the full REA, but I do not post personal addresses in public forums. Not even Gary's :laugh:

Everyone has completely missed it, but that is OK. I will explain later.

Oh, I have the full REA, but I do not post personal addresses in public forums. Not even Gary's <_<

Everyone has completely missed it, but that is OK. I will explain later.

I'm still "looking for the signature below"...