Rolling Thunder Forums

Obsidian Inc

Sakarissa

Well, there's always James T. Kirk of The United Federation of Planets to come to the rescue.

That would be interesting as the Federation can be counted among the "peaceniks, pipe-smoking hippies, mimes, lawyers, doves, and any other peace spouting races" that Slish wants to stomp out of existance.

Oh yeah, and since the Sabeli Ecok is coming to rescue Kirk, he can bring them along also. So, Slish should have a couple of allies on the way. Will it be enough? Will they arrive in time? Who will rescue who? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Back! That's the Slishy we all know and love.

El Capitan - Are you another role-playing incarnation of Gary Carpenter's? Or are you just mimicking his "pot stirring"? :P And to pre-empt your saying so....... Yes, I'm one of them peace loving hippies extending my hand in friendship to all..........or am I??? :laugh:

How did looker get involved in this thread? looker's about the peace-iest, pansy-iest, guy who ran around the early 60's campus with a slide on his belt and a briefcase full of engineering pads with messy differential equations with Heinlein and Asimov novels. OK, no hippie, but 2 of 3 ain’t all bad. :laugh::P:wub:

First, peace loving doesn't equal pansy. I believe in the philosophy of 'speak softly and carry a big stick' or in my case, 'speak a lot, loudly, sell drinks and carry a fusion inverted plasma gauss total conversion gatling cannon pointed at their head'

:wub: We may not start wars, but we do know how to finish them. Just ask the Bovine Hegemony, oh wait, too late... :laugh::cheers:

Obsidian , getting thirsty yet? :P Slishy, don't worry, we will make sure your warriors don't go thirsty. :cheers:

Kurassier,

If you are going to role play more than one empire on the board, please do your best to keep them straight. I said the Federation could be counted among the peaceniks, etc., not you or the Sabeli.

BTW, if you have a problem with anyone equating peaceful races with pansies, take it up with Slish. Those sentiments are directly quoted from him.

And as long as we're talking about your role playing, I have one more request. Though I'm not a big fan of role playing (especially in this type of game setting) I do appreciate it when it's done well and respect those who do it well. Would it be too much to ask you to put a bit more thought into it? You know, try to make it more realistic and believable so it fits into the scope of what is possible within the confines of the game we are actually playing. A little well thought out logic can go a long way. Otherwise, it just comes across as sophomoric, childish, and moronic.

Kurassier,

If you are going to role play more than one empire on the board, please do your best to keep them straight. I said the Federation could be counted among the peaceniks, etc., not you or the Sabeli.

And as long as we're talking about your role playing, I have one more request. Though I'm not a big fan of role playing (especially in this type of game setting) I do appreciate it when it's done well and respect those who do it well. Would it be too much to ask you to put a bit more thought into it? You know, try to make it more realistic and believable so it fits into the scope of what is possible within the confines of the game we are actually playing. A little well thought out logic can go a long way. Otherwise, it just comes across as sophomoric, childish, and moronic.

Let me see if I have this straight - Slish restarts a position that was basically dormant; gets whammed by Obsidian [who seems to be good at it]; let's everyone know what happened & that he's back; get's accused of whining about; 2cents;2cents; Kurassier's a kid; and no one seems to be doing anything about an Empire that shoots 1st and doesn't talk later??? :wub:

It seems to me the only role-playing going on is patterned on the U.N. :laugh::P

It seems to me the only role-playing going on is patterned on the U.N. :laugh::wub:

Now that's funny!

Alirght people, some of you are taking this a little too seriously. This is a game, which is a structured form of conflict. If we examine the context of human history (which all of us are, contrary to your own opinion and even if you can be described as a recluse with poor hygiene) you will find conflict (not peaceful co-existence which has as much credibility as Santa) has shaped our world and will continue to do so.

Slish found himself in a predicament similar to the VC and Hamas, facing a powerful foe that direct opposition may not produce the result he seeks. So he chose to discredit his foe attempting to gain time. A valid tactic.

Criticisms of players choosing to post the occasional odd comment about beer consumption are forgeting the one thing we all have in common. Each of us look at our turns or read this forum for one purpose: taking some time away from the adults we are and returning to the 14 year old boys we once were. Or do you actually believe the Galactic Senate legislation was binding?

Get over it or block his posts.

And yes, we're all guys.

Absolutely against pacifists,

Lord Uriel

Oh, and if you're offended, you may block me. :P

Edited by Lord Uriel

Offended???? Not at all.

But I've got to say that "the occaisional odd comment about beer consumption" is one massive understatement by anyone's measurment. Currently, there are about 1400 threads in the SNROTE section. Kurassier has about 1400 posts. You do the math.

All I'm asking is that if he really wants to role play it, then do it well and with some thought. If there is no logic or realism behind it, then it looses its appeal. It becomes so ludicrous that it's no longer role playing.

And, escaping to one's youth aside, we're still all adults and should be able to handle the occaisional odd critique. Honestly, if one can't handle a little criticism and debate, then maybe posting in a public forum isn't the best thing for one to be doing.

Kurassier,

BTW, if you have a problem with anyone equating peaceful races with pansies, take it up with Slish. Those sentiments are directly quoted from him.

Ah, there will always be critics. Where to begin?

First, my response was on behalf of the Sabeli Ecok, member of HBOB (Kirk can respond for himself if he wants) The Sabeli are a peaceful race and based on what I have seen, a very strong race. That's all. My comments were 'directed' if you will, to Obsidian, not you.

Second, what in the world are you talking about? this game is perfect for roleplaying! Get to design your own race, ships, etc.

Third, as far keeping comments to 'what is possible in game', well that is just ludicrous. The Galactic Senate, WHAPO and even HBOB are not truly possible within 'the scope of the game'. Under your philosophy of roleplaying, nobody should post on the forums because their races have not met, therefore, how can we communicate?

Finally, if you don't like my comments, block them. It may surprise you to know that I don't post for you. I do so because it is fun. You might try having fun sometime, most people here seem to be able to do it. I will not change just because someone I don't even know has no imagination.

I did get a kick out of the 'as long as we're talking about your roleplaying ' comment, talk about lack of logic, nobody is talking about my roleplaying but you. Got a frog in your pocket? :laugh:

and no, I am not offended by your silly comments, most critics are critics because that is all they know how to do and their comments or criticisms are normally more about themselves than the person they are criticising (such as your last line). I usually feel sorry for critics.

Good luck with the game and I hope you can find some joy in your life.

But I've got to say that "the occaisional odd comment about beer consumption" is one massive understatement by anyone's measurment. Currently, there are about 1400 threads in the SNROTE section. Kurassier has about 1400 posts. You do the math.

Didn't know I had that many posts. Discounting icons, I'm guessing less than 10% even mention beer. But hey, if you don't like alcohol, I'll buy you a coffe or coke or milk or water..... :laugh:

The Emperor of the Genesian Gremloid Technocracy discovers while surfing the TransGalactic Channels that there seems to be a lot talk about roleplaying. Emperor Locklyn really wishes sentinent races would keep their bedroom habits out of the holovid channels :laugh:

Seriously though mates, I think everyone has their own definition of what it means to roleplay their empire or how they post and since this board isnt set as a RP only board I think a "live and let live" policy is the soundest thing all around.

The whole obsidian, slishy slushy and tentacled thingies mess is confusing as some empires seem to trade owners quicker than the Emperor changes nightscales.

Have fun!

:P

/Locklyn

Absolutely against pacifists,

We haven't found a definition for this word. Are they a neighboring species who has attacked you?

Yeh, what he said.... :laugh:

The Gornase Co-operative, while new to the Galaxy, are no strangers to the maundering distractors who prevent others from seeing the problem as it is. The U.N. referred to earlier was was a group from our past who earned the nickname 'Unseemly Natterers' because all they did was obstruct the federation of our world by raising any issue they could that inhibited the process 'mutual co-operation'.

There seem to others out there like them who, for whatever reasons, would rather divert attention away from Obsidian,Inc than dealing with the threat.

We stand with our HBOB Brothers and declare Obisidian,Inc. anathema and unquenchable by the ancient ritual Gong, Scroll, and DimBulb, accompanied by the traditional 'Breaking of the Vessal' that puts them beyond the keg & unable the share in the libation.

Lar, Chairman of the Gornase