Rolling Thunder Forums

Fortresses

Sakarissa

Quite some time ago I was reading a thread not unlike this in which a player mentioned how many orders it took to get a character from his home world to a moon colony orbiting that planet. The next guy piped up and said you don’t have to do that, because legendary players are assigned there own personal shuttles. All you do is AC Reverend Ralph to Alpha system orbit 2b (or maybe not 2b). "Wow", I said to myself, then tried it and it worked.

That made me think harder when yet another player said character shuttles were really neat since they were traswarp shuttles as well. That comment stuck in my mind awhile before I put it together that maybe it meant that my AC orders would work for the next system over, so Sam scientist AC'ed to the colony at Beta 2. There it was on the board that you could do this routinely.

Months later, one of my friends said that is his PDF was set to shoot non allies, but his security forces saild that an unidentified empire had secret agents prowling around his homeworld. After much discussion of how they got there, I asked about just using the AC order to put them there. When my story came out the guys were quite surprised that this would work. Gee, how could it be a mystery if it was right there on the RTG board? I was way too naive to realize that you just needed a destination even if you did not know how to get there.

Inquiries were made to Pete, who informed us that this wasn't right and was in fact cheating (although that word was not used it was implied). You old timers probably remember that hubbub that made it to the GM notes on all the turns that cycle.

Does anyone know if this glitch still works? Is it cheating or is it fine just because it works.

Is this like the fortress issue? Is that cheating? It is pretty clear that we all know that a fortress is 10 ground combat units (or maybe we're all wrong). Either way, why does it work one way and not the other?

It does seem reasonable that glitches of this sort need to be fixed and removed from the code. Or at least declared illegal/cheating by the GM in his turn by turn GM notes to everyone.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite some time ago I was reading a thread not unlike this in which a player mentioned how many orders it took to get a character from his home world to a moon colony orbiting that planet. The next guy piped up and said you don’t have to do that, because legendary players are assigned there own personal shuttles. All you do is AC Reverend Ralph to Alpha system orbit 2b (or maybe not 2b). "Wow", I said to myself, then tried it and it worked.

That made me think harder when yet another player said character shuttles were really neat since they were traswarp shuttles as well. That comment stuck in my mind awhile before I put it together that maybe it meant that my AC orders would work for the next system over, so Sam scientist AC'ed to the colony at Beta 2. There it was on the board that you could do this routinely.

Months later, one of my friends said that is his PDF was set to shoot non allies, but his security forces saild that an unidentified empire had secret agents prowling around his homeworld. After much discussion of how they got there, I asked about just using the AC order to put them there. When my story came out the guys were quite surprised that this would work. Gee, how could it be a mystery if it was right there on the RTG board? I was way too naive to realize that you just needed a destination even if you did not know how to get there.

Inquiries were made to Pete, who informed us that this wasn't right and was in fact cheating (although that word was not used it was implied). You old timers probably remember that hubbub that made it to the GM notes on all the turns that cycle.

Does anyone know if this glitch still works? Is it cheating or is it fine just because it works.

Is this like the fortress issue? Is that cheating? It is pretty clear that we all know that a fortress is 10 ground combat units (or maybe we're all wrong). Either way, why does it work one way and not the other?

It does seem reasonable that glitches of this sort need to be fixed and removed from the code. Or at least declared illegal/cheating by the GM in his turn by turn GM notes to everyone.

Pete should certainly clarify if its 10 or 1 (I've always assumed 10) and it should be the same in all instances.

As for the AC, I haven't looked, but I remember Pete saying that 'bad things would happen' to those empires that tried to AC out of system. I don't know if the bug was actually fixed or not. I don't want bad things to happen to me, so I've never tested it. :P

If for any reason a leader is found on a world that he should not be at, things happen to him that are unpleasant, and his empire is flagged for further scrutiny. Bad idea to test this.

See? I knew I wasn't senile. I think..... :wub::laugh:

If for any reason a leader is found on a world that he should not be at, things happen to him that are unpleasant, and his empire is flagged for further scrutiny. Bad idea to test this.

So what happens if Pete finds far distant characters that were placed way back when we through this was a feature and not a bug?

So what happens if Pete finds far distant characters that were placed way back when we through this was a feature and not a bug?

That's what all that praying at temples, shrines and grand cathedrals is for.... :laugh::wub:

That's what all that praying at temples, shrines and grand cathedrals is for.... <_<<_<

And here I thought that was all wasted effort......

BTW, has anyone experienced maximum religious installation builds and noted any difference? Perhaps 50+ pages of worshipping output?

Octus

And here I thought that was all wasted effort......

BTW, has anyone experienced maximum religious installation builds and noted any difference? Perhaps 50+ pages of worshipping output?

Octus

I have maximum religious structures at all my colonys. It doesn't seem to improve LC prayers, only putting LCs at Grand Cathedrals and the like seem to do that.

I may be way off, but it seems to effect my immigration rates along with textile plants and such. Immigration is somewhat random so it's hard to tell, but as long as I keep the 1 to 100 ratio it seems I have higher immigration, and when I dip below that ratio, so does my immigration. No hard proof though, just observation. As long as I maintain the ratio, immigration often exceeds normal growth, and my reproductive rate is high, and I use medical centers.

Fine and good all but when will we see what religious hit DO? Ive gotten a ton every turn for ages but all this praying and building of religious installations seem to benefit our empires nada zilch nothing!? Anyone find any use for the rel hits?

Cheers

/Locklyn

A warm feeling in the depths of your heart?........

I thought that was what looking at beautiful young women was for? <_<<_<

Seriously, you thought this was a feature? You thought that all you had to know was a system name and you could assign a character halfway across the galaxy through hundreds of systems that you hadn't even done a singe system scan or survey? As an example, you thought it was intended that if you started two empires 1 year apart and these empires hadn't met up yet and one of them got into a war with a neighbor that it was o.k. for the one empire to assign all of his spies to the other's enemy HW? Yeah, right.

Seriously, you thought this was a feature? You thought that all you had to know was a system name and you could assign a character halfway across the galaxy through hundreds of systems that you hadn't even done a singe system scan or survey? As an example, you thought it was intended that if you started two empires 1 year apart and these empires hadn't met up yet and one of them got into a war with a neighbor that it was o.k. for the one empire to assign all of his spies to the other's enemy HW? Yeah, right.

Yep, it was only way you could spy on an enemy. Now you can only put spies on the worlds of trusted allies.

Yep, it was only way you could spy on an enemy.

Um, not true at all. Maybe it was the only way to do so easily and risk free, but it wasn't the only way.

I love how if you place a spy on ANY world owned by an empire, your spy can randomly get information about ANY orders in the empire. So drop off a boat load of spies on a minor colony, and let the order captures roll in. See their ship orders, capture build orders so you know what is going into the ships, map out their movement orders so you can figure out where their colonies are and what star systems connect to each other. And so low risk. How many intelligence agencies and spies will they have on a colony with only 20 POP or so (or a captured neutral). <_<