Rolling Thunder Forums

Fortresses

Sakarissa

Yep, it was only way you could spy on an enemy.

Um, not true at all. Maybe it was the only way to do so easily and risk free, but it wasn't the only way.

I love how if you place a spy on ANY world owned by an empire, your spy can randomly get information about ANY orders in the empire. So drop off a boat load of spies on a minor colony, and let the order captures roll in. See their ship orders, capture build orders so you know what is going into the ships, map out their movement orders so you can figure out where their colonies are and what star systems connect to each other. And so low risk. How many intelligence agencies and spies will they have on a colony with only 20 POP or so (or a captured neutral). <_<

I don't know it can't be as bad as trying to make you spy look like the locals, I mean how would most of our empires go at trying to infiltrate the gremloids, a race that until recently was considered a party snack.

Something that I would like to know is just what is the acceptable limit for moving your characters around. Its accepted that you can't send them to a system where you only know the name, but what about systems that your empire has explored as well or do you need to send your characters onto a fleet to move between systems.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule is that the character and the target for the AC order have to be in the same system. So, you can AC from System A orbit 1 to System A orbit 9 or from System A orbit 1 to System A Warp Point #xxx without any special consideration. But if you want to AC from System A to System B, you have to put them on a fleet and move that fleet to system B. Also, you can only AC each character once per turn.

Yep, it was only way you could spy on an enemy.

Um, not true at all. Maybe it was the only way to do so easily and risk free, but it wasn't the only way.

I love how if you place a spy on ANY world owned by an empire, your spy can randomly get information about ANY orders in the empire. So drop off a boat load of spies on a minor colony, and let the order captures roll in. See their ship orders, capture build orders so you know what is going into the ships, map out their movement orders so you can figure out where their colonies are and what star systems connect to each other. And so low risk. How many intelligence agencies and spies will they have on a colony with only 20 POP or so (or a captured neutral). :laugh:

I think the only thing that really sucks about Agents is that you cannot as initially said in the rules, capture and kill agents, there is no risk to agents at all. I think this is something Pete should reinstate. A capture % via your own Agents that is higher on your HW and less on a colony and affected by installations and so forth. Capture of an enemy LC would grant you a temporary info boost for that turn like a couple of agent hits..perhaps even by tailored to give you info in relevance to the character captured? Ie a researcher captured would give you a RTD or ANZ of the enemy empire, a mil character a TAC and so on

:P

/Locklyn

The rule is that the character and the target for the AC order have to be in the same system. So, you can AC from System A orbit 1 to System A orbit 9 or from System A orbit 1 to System A Warp Point #xxx without any special consideration. But if you want to AC from System A to System B, you have to put them on a fleet and move that fleet to system B. Also, you can only AC each character once per turn.

This actually worked! Thanks Cap!! :D

Much to the dismay of an over-enthusiastic Priest who suddenly found himself on a Colony World instead of enjoying the comforts of the numerous Cathedrals, Shrines, and Temples of the HomeWorld. The Chairman feels his ministrations to the Flock are needed more at a Colony with a high attrition rate than they are at the Imperial Palace. :thumbsup:

Now for that pesky Administrator ........ ;):cheers: