Rolling Thunder Forums

The Age of Screens is NOT dead!

D.I.E.

I would like to add that our new Resurrection Ship has enhanced the screens through out our empire as the pilots and crew do not die! Now the screen pilots dive into the way of guns targeting the larger ships without any fear!

It does look like blocks of only Tckon 68 are now useless as screens. This was the easiest screen to build. MAC is now searching for a catapult to throw the 1000 ton blocks of Tckon 68 type ships at the enemy fleets.

These 'Resurrection' ships must be new indeed. All the dead pieces/parts we recovered from the Black Cloud homeworlds were quite dead. :)

Resurrection is an old and way too slow of a technology. Why, you only get one pilot back for each one that dies. Now the new Xerox ships have resolved that whole issue. Every time a pilot dies, we get back two in return! And we hope to upgrade that to four and then eight back at a time, eventually. Soon we'll have the ship commanders running around shooting the pilots before a battle, all in order to drastically increase their fighter force.

Captain: Are you ready for battle soldier?!

Pilot: Yes Sir!!

Captain pulls the trigger: *BLAMMO!* ... Alright then, carry on (as the body slumps to the deck)

;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could whoever who shot Pete with the Heavy Stun Cannon please ensure that he is unstunned for turns and answering this thread? :)

/Locklyn

I would like to add that our new Resurrection Ship has enhanced the screens through out our empire as the pilots and crew do not die! Now the screen pilots dive into the way of guns targeting the larger ships without any fear!

It does look like blocks of only Tckon 68 are now useless as screens. This was the easiest screen to build. MAC is now searching for a catapult to throw the 1000 ton blocks of Tckon 68 type ships at the enemy fleets.

These 'Resurrection' ships must be new indeed. All the dead pieces/parts we recovered from the Black Cloud homeworlds were quite dead. :D

Resurrection is an old and way too slow of a technology. Why, you only get one pilot back for each one that dies. Now the new Xerox ships have resolved that whole issue. Every time a pilot dies, we get back two in return! And we hope to upgrade that to four and then eight back at a time, eventually. Soon we'll have the ship commanders running around shooting the pilots before a battle, all in order to drastically increase their fighter force.

Captain: Are you ready for battle soldier?!

Pilot: Yes Sir!!

Captain pulls the trigger: *BLAMMO!* ... Alright then, carry on (as the body slumps to the deck)

:blink:

That takes all the FUN out of more people. The Resurrection ship allows you to choose the look of the new perfect body you receive. So with all the Brad Pitt, Jessica Alba couples out there population is booming.

I have news! :D

I just caught Pete on the phone and engaged in a short conversation on this topic.

Bottom line is that Pete's vision of the battle system indicates that in this particluar battle, our forces should have probably targeted the large surface fortresses in favor of the small screening forces. We did not do anything wrong in our deployment of our Flag Bridge. It should have worked.

He said that he had looked at the battle a little, but had not studied it sufficiently to determine exactly what had gone wrong. His main theory was that the code that executes multiple combat rounds at once (actually a firepower and fire control multiplier) to shorten massive battles, did not mesh well with the Flag Bridge code. For some reason, the effects of the Flag Bridge did not kick in when they should have.

Pete speculated that he may have to take a greater hand in moderating the space battles that involve Flag Bridges, possibly allowing the combat round multiplier code to kick in only once all the heavy assets on one side have been dispatched, leaving only the screens.

Tony

I just caught Pete on the phone and engaged in a short conversation on this topic.

Bottom line is that Pete's vision of the battle system indicates that in this particluar battle, our forces should have probably targeted the large surface fortresses in favor of the small screening forces. We did not do anything wrong in our deployment of our Flag Bridge. It should have worked.

He said that he had looked at the battle a little, but had not studied it sufficiently to determine exactly what had gone wrong. His main theory was that the code that executes multiple combat rounds at once (actually a firepower and fire control multiplier) to shorten massive battles, did not mesh well with the Flag Bridge code. For some reason, the effects of the Flag Bridge did not kick in when they should have.

Pete speculated that he may have to take a greater hand in moderating the space battles that involve Flag Bridges, possibly allowing the combat round multiplier code to kick in only once all the heavy assets on one side have been dispatched, leaving only the screens.

Tony

Outstanding news!

So for teh coming turns, I think one should give Pete a note, when you are going in with Flag Bridges.

Tony

Outstanding news!

So for teh coming turns, I think one should give Pete a note, when you are going in with Flag Bridges.

I assume that there may be a rerun of the battle? Its seems a waste for that monster of a warship not to go down without having caused massive damage. :blink:

Tony

I seem to recall that DIE and IDE were SAID to NOT be the same player :blink:

If the code did not work as intended then there should be a rerun of the battle and if this isn't possible then both parties should have their ships restored and be compensated for the trouble.

/Locklyn

The empire DIE and the board handle D.I.E. are not the same.

the empire IDE has the board handle D.I.E. as stated somewherre else o this forum in the past, if memory serves right.

I wonder if all of that Resurrecting has affected Gary's memory. :blink:

Of course I don't have that excuse so in my case it must be old age. :D

The empire DIE and the board handle D.I.E. are not the same.

the empire IDE has the board handle D.I.E. as stated somewherre else o this forum in the past, if memory serves right.

I wonder if all of that Resurrecting has affected Gary's memory. :blink:

Of course I don't have that excuse so in my case it must be old age. :D

Improved resurrection tech may improve the end result, resulting in less deterioration residuals. So it is still good to delay the inevitable.

As far as aging and the associated infirmaries, it is still better than the alternative!