Rolling Thunder Forums

Players to Police Cheating Players

Doc,

We both know that in the absence of military options some people will try to use personal attacks to either cow their opponent, or to get others to gang up on them. The real test is how balanced and consistent the opinions are that they express. Do they simply expound the ends that player wants to see achieved in their game, or are they opinions truly based on a personally held moral code, and applied without prejudice even if it means they are critical of their own TA's.

I have brought up Canada several times, but still I am the sole target in this exercise. No explanations have been given and none of the Calamity Jane's who are crying like little french girls here seem at all troubled over that. This shows clearly how hypocritical some people are. We have seen this before, we will likely see it again.

C'est la Vie

Race Pilsner

Well athough I'm sure I'm not as quick as some of the others in Victory even I can see that there must be some kind of agreement between Baltics and Southern why else would Southern put all his troops in the South and just let Baltics walk through his county this must show that they are cheating? Is this not the line Southern is using to condem Central and Baltic's?

Sweeper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Race Pilsner, I agree with you on that topic. In Game 84, you are not the only one who appears to have benefitted from this approach. Canada clearly rolled over a US player who dropped or "gave his country up", not sure which. You definitely don't have a monopoly on this activity.

Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Doc,

We both know that in the absence of military options some people will try to use personal attacks to either cow their opponent, or to get others to gang up on them. The real test is how balanced and consistent the opinions are that they express. Do they simply expound the ends that player wants to see achieved in their game, or are they opinions truly based on a personally held moral code, and applied without prejudice even if it means they are critical of their own TA's.

I have brought up Canada several times, but still I am the sole target in this exercise. No explanations have been given and none of the Calamity Jane's who are crying like little french girls here seem at all troubled over that. This shows clearly how hypocritical some people are. We have seen this before, we will likely see it again.

C'est la Vie

Race Pilsner

Well athough I'm sure I'm not as quick as some of the others in Victory even I can see that there must be some kind of agreement between Baltics and Southern why else would Southern put all his troops in the South and just let Baltics walk through his county this must show that they are cheating? Is this not the line Southern is using to condem Central and Baltic's?

Sweeper

Guest Spongebob

I really think we should put this topic to bed with a comment from Russ. This bad atmosphere can be felt by many and i dont think it is only by those directly involved.

Russ? Any Comment? and everyone else can we all agree to let it drop. Enough has been said and enough has been endured.

I really think we should put this topic to bed with a comment from Russ. This bad atmosphere can be felt by many and i dont think it is only by those directly involved.

Russ? Any Comment? and everyone else can we all agree to let it drop. Enough has been said and enough has been endured.

I do not like to say it; but he is right.

Guest Spongebob

I do not like to say it; but he is right.

(Sponge Faints)

Not sure if that answered all the accusations, if not I probably don't care all that much anyway.

Race Pilsner

Baltic States 84

I suppose if you do not have to worry about your flanks or any form of counter attack, CRuss was actively helping you waltz thru his country by removing all obstacles prior to your arrival, then the perfectly aligned scenario you outlined is statistically possible. In fact, it could even be considered likely, considering that even the computer fights harder than the resistance you encountered.

It is also not surprising that you "don't care all that much anyway". Gaming integrity and ethics do not seem to be hindering your choices in any way.

I have received a surprising amount of email responses on this topic. For purposes of disclosure of evidence to the jury of players, here is a VERBATIM copy of his offer to another player in Game 83, which was refused.

"A commitment that extends so far as to hand our nations over to you and xxxxxx and xxxxxxx and your TA xxxxxx who I don't know from previous games, in return for your word that you will do the same for us in 84. That way your team can kick Monk's ass in 83 and we can kick his ass in 84. That is the statement we wish to make to him. We would of course never admit this plan to anyone outside our close knit group. We would ask your team also to never admit it. You would crush us and we would make appropriate bleating noises in 83 before we drop. In 84 you could just join with privacy on if you preferred and we wouldn't lord our success over you on the forums. If you don't want to take this deal, which to be honest would baffle me since it's a good deal, I will hold no animosity. We will still join 84, with more friends now obviously since we see what Monk is up to and several of my friends from work are interested in the game, but we would continue to fight in 83 rather than work for your victory in the game.

This is what could happen in 83 if your team agrees: ..... "

and it goes on from there outling in detail how and when various countries would empty cities to allow for rapid take over, etc.

"I know you will wonder if I am being honest. I am. I'm not doing this as a vendetta, which it probably sounds like. I'm simply doing it because it would be far more fun to kick Monk's twisted ass that anyone else in Victory I have ever met. I hope you see I am doing it for the fun of it, not due to some dark hateful feelings. This is a game and I play it for fun, not to get hard feelings. I truly want you and xxxxxx and xxxxxxx and xxxxxx to not only win game 83 but to freakin set records for the best game ever in those nations. We would like to do the same in 84."

Technically, sure this sort of behavior is within the exact ruleset of the game. The fact the someone could recruit in a friend from work then HELP them allow you to absorb their country with ease is also TECHNICALLY within the rules. I do not think your chosen style of play is shared by, nor approved by, the majority of players of this game. Although you may find playing through manipulations of rules, loopholes and grey areas to be FUN, I believe it serves only to confirm the existence of yet another pathetic player.

PBEM is a worthwhile hobby, when played with forthright honesty, integrity and within the spirit of the game. If the players in 84 choose not to shut you down through DW's and forced peace, then you will likely have successfully purchased yourself a win.

Not sure if that clarified my stance on all the issues, if not I actually DO care all that much anyway.

I was going to offer empathy as I have run into suspicious play before also. I was going to add that cheating can't usually be proven, but you can take consolation in that those that bend the rules rarely do well after their initial success. The truly good players relish fighting against multiple opponents throughout the game and winning anyway. Those that prefer a lopsided advantage at the game's start usually can't win that way or any other way. That does not stop them from ruining the first real player's game they meet with an unfair advantage, but they still lose. It seems that you found the smoking gun though in this case. Good job.

Normally I would think, case in point. Of course the opinion of Libya wouldn't be exactly objective anyway given that Libya is in the same group of players as Southern.

I won't be intimidated into stopping my invasion of Southern, and tactics such as this will be repayed with more conviction, not with less.

Race Pilsner

Not sure what your response means exactly. If you are refering to me, I am not in the game in question as Libya or any other country. Anyway, you seem to be caught red handed with shenanigans in two other games so your credibility is nil with me in this or any other game.